7.2.2 Review of Requirements Related to the Product (Design-Manufacturing Service)

M

Mario Alberto83

Hello colleagues

How is this clause met when the service includes both design and manufacturing?

In case a service includes either design or manufacturing, it is clear how to do the review of requirements and risk management. But what happens when the customer tells you he needs that you design and manufacture a part as a whole service?

In the beginning of the process, you are able to gather design requirements but, requirements/characteristics for manufactured product are unveiled only when design is completed.

I believe only then you can do a risk management considering risks and restrictions on equipment, time, materials, etc.

Is it possible to provide a quotation to the customer when we do not know the product characteristics/requirements?

How is it usually handled in these cases?

Thank you an regards

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: 7.2.2 Review of Requirements Related to the Product (design-manufacturing)

Hello colleagues

How is this clause met when the service includes both design and manufacturing?

In case a service includes either design or manufacturing, it is clear how to do the review of requirements and risk management. But what happens when the customer tells you he needs that you design and manufacture a part as a whole service?

In the beginning of the process, you are able to gather design requirements but, requirements/characteristics for manufactured product are unveiled only when design is completed.

I believe only then you can do a risk management considering risks and restrictions on equipment, time, materials, etc.

Is it possible to provide a quotation to the customer when we do not know the product characteristics/requirements?

How is it usually handled in these cases?

Thank you an regards

Not sure I follow your thinking.. why do you want to submit a quote without having all of the information?

7.2.2 Review of Requirements Related to the Product

The organization shall review the requirements related to the product. This review shall be conducted prior to the organization's commitment to supply a product to the customer (e.g. submission of tenders, acceptance of contracts or orders, acceptance of changes to contracts or orders) and shall ensure that

M

Mario Alberto83

Not sure I follow your thinking.. why do you want to submit a quote without having all of the information?

7.2.2 Review of Requirements Related to the Product

The organization shall review the requirements related to the product. This review shall be conducted prior to the organization's commitment to supply a product to the customer (e.g. submission of tenders, acceptance of contracts or orders, acceptance of changes to contracts or orders) and shall ensure that

We are a design-manufacturing plant and we can have the following scenarios.

1) When a customer requires design, we can gather all requirements and review them per 7.2.2 and perform risk management in order to develop design (drawings and models).

2) When a customer sends us the drawings/models to manufacture a part, we review the requirements in drawings per 7.2.2 in order to build a part. Due to product characteristics, we are able to know what materials to use, what machinery, tools, processes, etc. and make a risk management.

3) When a customer requires us to do the whole work: design and manufacture.

By the time customer gives the details for the design, I could not know what materials, processes, tools, equipment, etc., we will need; they will only be unveiled only after drawings are created.
In this scenario, how could I provide a quotation to my customer when I do not know the resources I will need yet and/or what risks are implied in the manufacture? How could I do a risk assessment in this scenario?

Thank you

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions

By the time customer gives the details for the design, I could not know what materials, processes, tools, equipment, etc., we will need; they will only be unveiled only after drawings are created.
In this scenario, how could I provide a quotation to my customer when I do not know the resources I will need yet and/or what risks are implied in the manufacture? How could I do a risk assessment in this scenario?

Thank you

Q. So you guys are telling the customer how much you are going to charge ... without knowing the cost of the product?...

Can I spell - NEW MANAGEMENT.

This is the part that I am having a hard time understanding.

How con you provide a quote without knowing ALL of the factors involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RMain

Base your Quoting on somthing similar which you supplied in the past to others but leave yourself an out saying pricing and delivery etc... are subject to the ongoing evolution of project but will not exceed X% in Cost, Delivery or Service install etc....

Top Bottom