7.2 Customer Related Processes - Everything we do is Outsourced

C

CHPegasus

Hello!

I'm in the beginning phases of my ISO 9001 project. I'm finishing up my application paperwork for my registrar and trying to determine if we want to exclude any parts of Section 7.

We are a service provider (freight and logistics). We have no assets, everything we do is outsourced. There are many pieces of section 7 that we will modify for "service". However, I'm looking at 7.2 - Customer Related Processes specifically.

We have standard work instructions that we follow every day. Many of our clients have work instructions that are used for the exceptions to our standard processes. If I include 7.2, do I have to have a work instruction for EVERY client (hundreds!!) or is it acceptable for us to only have work instructions for those clients with "exceptions" to our standard processes?

If I do it this way - would I need some sort of master list showing which client needs what - or would it be ok if we state that all clients with exceptions have separate instructions?

I really wish the standard was written more for "service" industries - it would be easier if we didn't have to decipher everything from product to service :)

Thank you!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Re: 7.2 Customer Related Processes

:) .. You do not need a documented procedure at all for 7.2
So as long as you can perform all the customer related stuff and demonstrate that you are effective in meeting requirements of customer and changes from customer, you are good.
You can use what ever procedure that you have so far to your best convenience.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Re: 7.2 Customer Related Processes

Hello!

I'm in the beginning phases of my ISO 9001 project. I'm finishing up my application paperwork for my registrar and trying to determine if we want to exclude any parts of Section 7.

We are a service provider (freight and logistics). We have no assets, everything we do is outsourced. There are many pieces of section 7 that we will modify for "service". However, I'm looking at 7.2 - Customer Related Processes specifically.

We have standard work instructions that we follow every day. Many of our clients have work instructions that are used for the exceptions to our standard processes. If I include 7.2, do I have to have a work instruction for EVERY client (hundreds!!) or is it acceptable for us to only have work instructions for those clients with "exceptions" to our standard processes?

If I do it this way - would I need some sort of master list showing which client needs what - or would it be ok if we state that all clients with exceptions have separate instructions?

I really wish the standard was written more for "service" industries - it would be easier if we didn't have to decipher everything from product to service :)

Thank you!!
Why do you need work instructions for 7.2 in the 1st place?

I think you should focus on the outsourced process and establish what kind of control is needed. (see 4.1 and 7.4.1/2)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
somashekar Customer Related Processes when a Customer is within the Corporation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Internal Audit-Customer Related Processes Internal Auditing 2
A Exclusion of Customer Related Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Y Customer Related Processes and Requirements - ISO 13485 Clauses 7.2.1 and 7.2.2 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 32
RoxaneB A "Customer-related processes" curveball ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
R 7.2. Customer-related processes IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J 7.2 Customer-related processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
M IATF16949 Clause 9.1.2.1e - Customer notification related IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Q When to issue a Customer Complaint related to efficacy of a Medical Device? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Moncia Problem with Corrective Action for Flavor / Fragrance related Customer Returns Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 9
T Risk based Impact Level related to Customer Complaints 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B Looking for Customer Service related Procedures Customer Complaints 2
I How to reply to customer 8D Fishbone related to a corrosion issue? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 7
K Should prices be included in customer related process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
L Customer Requirements related to Retention Documents and Records period Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 1
M Customer Related Process Questions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
J How to comply with 7.2.1 - Customer Related Process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
M Exclusion of 7.2 Customer Related Process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 32
M Workmanship Related Failures - Responding to a customer CAR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 12
J TS 16949 8.5.2 Corrective Action - Auditor did not like the customer related form Nonconformance and Corrective Action 13
I Non-ISO9001:2000 'related' procedures - A separate NC system for Customer Service ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D Control Of Customer Survey Forms and Related Forms Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
G Management Review 5.6.3 b) Improvement of product related to customer requirements Management Review Meetings and related Processes 7
L Customer Related standards in ISO/DIS 9000:2000 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
I Restricting scope to one part number for one customer IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
R Customer Listed on Approved Supplier List (ASL) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
N 8.3.3.3 Special characteristics - Auditor said we are required to create our own, if no customer char. exist. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
R Audit from Customer - concerned with IP protection ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
L Documenting internal audit of customer specific requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
L Supplier Performance when your supplier is also the customer ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
I Customer Feedback Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
JoeRandom11 Question about Customer Supplied Equipment AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Moncia Customer satisfaction monitoring - ISO 9001 and 14001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
D Customer Survey Example - ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
R Customer feedbacks sampling size EU Medical Device Regulations 4
G ISO 9001 - when implementing customer requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
P Customer Specific Requirements (Costco Wholesale) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Customer audit report review and approval ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Report on handling customer property ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
L Customer Complaint Internal Auditing 3
M Corrective action for a defect from customer's mistaken Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
T Customer Rejecting Part for Basic Dimension Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 16
P Customer 8D IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
M Customer Dimensions on Internal Drawing, all of them? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Robinson A Improving Customer Satisfaction Service Industry Specific Topics 5
M How to show the effect of the failure mode on the manufacturing process as a customer of product design process? FMEA and Control Plans 3
K SaMD and Customer Integrations Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 3
JoCam Non CE marked device for customer review Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
L Question regarding "Customer Property" AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
Sortinghat Locating Customer Supplier Manuals Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5