7.4.1.1 Statutory & Regulatory Conformity: Legal Requirements of which Country?

morteza

Trusted Information Resource
Hi all
In clause 7.4.1.1 ISO/TS:2009 states that all purchased products or materials used in product shall conform to applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.According the above text it can be understood that this requirement refers to statutory and regulatory requirements of the country which the final product will be used (customer country).
In ISO/TS:1999 in clause 4.6.1.3 it had stated that the regulatory requirements of manufacturer (organization) and sale (customer) country shall be satisfied by purchased products.
My question is that which country’s statutory and regulatory requirements is the scope of this requirement: supplier country and/or organization country and/or customer country?
Thanks all

S

samsung

Hi all
In clause 7.4.1.1 ISO/TS:2009 states that all purchased products or materials used in product shall conform to applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.According the above text it can be understood that this requirement refers to statutory and regulatory requirements of the country which the final product will be used (customer country).
In ISO/TS:1999 in clause 4.6.1.3 it had stated that the regulatory requirements of manufacturer (organization) and sale (customer) country shall be satisfied by purchased products.
My question is that which country’s statutory and regulatory requirements is the scope of this requirement: supplier country and/or organization country and/or customer country?
Thanks all

As far as usage matters, 'Law of the land'; i.e. laws of the country where the product is to be used will apply. Manufacturers will have to abide by the laws in force where the product is manufactured or supplied from.

V

vicentepv

Hi all
Thanks all

FYI... How to audit this clause.

Attachments

• Auditar_Req_estatu__y_reglam.doc
    108.5 KB · Views: 300
  • APG-StatutoryRegulatory.pdf
    131.3 KB · Views: 449

morteza

Trusted Information Resource
Hi all
I think the reference of applicable statutory and regulatory requirements in clause 7.4.1.1 should be customer country, because this clause wants to check the satisfaction of clause 7.2.1 c, which is about requirements of a product represented to customer.
Other idea...?

V

vicentepv

Hi all
I think the reference of applicable statutory and regulatory requirements in clause 7.4.1.1 should be customer country, because this clause wants to check the satisfaction of clause 7.2.1 c, which is about requirements of a product represented to customer.
Other idea...?

The legal and regulatory requirements must be nacional and international.
Imagine you are a foundry, the customer specifies an X alloy, you should meet with that alloy because in some states do not allow high lead according to their legal requirements of the customer's country, but internally in your city you have governing rules by your foundry.

Top Bottom