7.4.1.2 of the 'Latest' TS 'Comments' Draft

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
C

Cheryl

Is it the "out" or is it just more confusion and we can push it off to interpretation?

The Big 3 say they recognize the TS standard; however, we must still ensure all elements under QS are being met. So what do we do when TS and QS contridict each other? :confused:

Out?

:confused: Marc, I'm no so certain that this is an "out". If your customer does not "mandate alternate requirements", then you are still required to fulfill the whole of the sub-clause. Also, what if you have multiple customers, and each of them prescribe a different mandated alternate requirement? Whoa… my head is starting to hurt!!!!

Dave B

R

Roger Eastin

Dave B - you're right. In those cases you just mentioned, 3rd party registration is required. However, at least for the bigger corporations anyway, this is an "out". I think the Big 3 (and perhaps, VW, BMW, etc) will come up with a 2nd party scheme that will provide the "alternative requirement". They did it with the Sanctioned Interpretation in QS9K, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it here.

C

Cheryl

DaimlerChrysler, Ford & GM Sez

I have a 3 page letter that is a statement from DaimlerChrysler, Ford & GM representatives to the Supplier Quality Requirments Task Force.

It reads: The sanctioned interpretation stated above should be used with 4.6.2.1 of QS-9000. There are two options to meet the goal of subcontractor compliance:

1. Subcontractor is certified by an accredited certification body to a current version of the ISO 9000 Quality Management Series of Standards, excluding ISO 9003; plus any requirements specified by the customer by December 31, 2002

OR

2. Subcontractor assessment to QS9000 or ISO-TS 16949, Section 1, by the OEM customer, an OEM customer-approved second party, or an accredited third party certification body/registrar by December 31, 2002.

Additional important points:

a. An OEM customer-approved second party audit can be performed by any QS9000 certified Tier 1 supplier after obtaining customer approval to conduct the audit. The supplier must obtain approval from each customer who receives product from the supplier containing products or services from the subcontractor.

b. Subcontractor Development 4.6.2.1 and C9 of the IASG QS-9000 Sanctioned Interpretations are auditable requirements. A supplier shall have the following documentation on file:

1. Record of customer approval of audit
2. Audit review and results

The following is the 2nd part customer approval criteria and authorization jointly agreed by DaimlerChrysler, Ford Motor Co., and General Motors Corp.

Appendix I

Subcontractor Development. When a subcontractor is so small as to not have adequate resources to develop a system according to QS-9000, certain specified QS-9000 sub elements may be waived by the supplier of their subcontractor.....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sidney Vianna IATF 16949 News Latest news from IATF - August 2020 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
Sidney Vianna IATF 16949 News Presentations from the latest IATF Stakeholder Event - Expectation that IATF 16949 certification should equate with product quality. Misguided? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
L Allowable AC mains fuse types for latest IEC60601 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
Wes Bucey The "latest" Vanity scams - 2019 Career and Occupation Discussions 8
I IATF16949 Audit Preparation, Need "searchable" ANPQP 3.1 or latest IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J Where can I find the latest update to Reach and ROHS? REACH and RoHS Conversations 7
A The latest revision number and changes in automotive core tools IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Latest (2019) requirements for MD registration in Kazakhstan (Eurasia region)? Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
M Has anyone here assessed the latest Abbreviated 510(K) guidance document? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Marc Latest Password Breaches - January 2019 World News 5
Marc Latest Posts in Right Sidebar on the Forum Listing Home Page Forum News and General Information 6
C Where to buy the latest MHLW, Canada MDR, Brazil medical device regulations Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
L Medical Device Electrical Safety Standards - Gap Analysis of Latest Revisions Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
C PPAP Rejection for "MSA-GR&R are not using the latest AIAG format" APQP and PPAP 9
I Where to buy ISO 10001, 10002, 10003 & 10004 (latest) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
M Active X and latest update from Microsoft - Dec 2014 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
D Internal Audit Checklist for the latest ISO/TS 16949 standard IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
elkel Control Plan Contents - Part Number / Latest Change Level FMEA and Control Plans 2
Q What is the Latest and Greatest Automotive Quality Certification? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
S Latest types of Fire Extinguishers in India Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
Randy My latest (Randy) - July 2013 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 36
R No Stability Standard on latest List of Harmonized Standards IVDD ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P What is the latest version of ISO 10021 used for Certification purpose? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
V Latest revisions of Core Tools Manuals from the AIAG (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC and MSA) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A Check out the latest Social Group! Classic Car Int'l World News 4
Mr.Happy Some useful information about the latest PPAP version - PPAP 4th edition APQP and PPAP 1
P GHTF's (Global Harmonization Task Force) Latest ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 5
C Component Requirements - IEC EN 60601-1 3rd ed. and latest IEC 60950-1 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
Michael Malis FDA and LDT Regulation - What is the latest status on LDT Regulation US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
B Please provide me with the latest AS9100C Checklist AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Q Latest ISO 9001:2008 Rev. E - Correct? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Sidney Vianna P&G Launches the Latest Supplier Sustainability Scorecard Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 2
J Information on the latest Standard And Regulatory Updates ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
A Latest BOSCH Customer Specific Requirements Customer and Company Specific Requirements 7
P What is the best/innovative/latest information system - Hospitality & Tourism Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 2
C What is the latest version of ISO 14001? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
S What is the latest APQP reference manual? APQP and PPAP 4
A Latest APHA (American Public Health Association) 17th Edition methods Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
M What are the changes in the latest AIAG FMEA edition FMEA and Control Plans 4
J Standards & Standard Maintenance - Knowing what the latest revisions are Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
P Introduction & Latest version of AIAG Control Plan request IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C What is the latest edition of BS EN 4179? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
Mohammed Gouda Latest standard for thermocouples & iprt (industrial platinum resistance thermometer) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
S About Penetrant Testing Materials - The Latest Technology (2009) Design and Development of Products and Processes 0
sonflowerinwales Titanium, what's the latest from the USA? Falsifying paperwork for titanium Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
C The latest version of the IPC 1752 MC RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 6
Stijloor Latest AIAG PPAP and FMEA Errata Sheet APQP and PPAP 7
P Latest EU 76/768/EEC Directive 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
R IWA latest Guideline wanted Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
T Templates or latest form for Ford [email protected] APQP and PPAP 2