7.5.1 and 7.5.2 - (Part of Production and Service Provision)

D

DonkeyKong

7.5.1 and 7.5.2 ???

Can this part of the standard also be excluded as most of the verbage does not seem to apply to my service oriented company. We do not do any inhouse measuring or monitoring other than revenues? I assuming I can just state in clause 7.5.2 d)&e) that we do not do such things as measuring and monitoring or do I need some sort of verbage that will address these issues in some form???
Any help would be appreciated...2nd time using the forum and already much appreciated!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Jim Biz

What type of service?

Regards
Jim

[This message has been edited by Jim Biz (edited 22 June 2001).]

E Wall

Just Me!
Super Moderator
I don't have an exact answer for you, but can pass along some information.

Exerpt from Interpretation by DNV Cert (our registrar):
The most likely exclusions are limited to clause 7 and may include design and development, traceability when this is not a specified requirement from regulations or the customer and customer property when it is not used during the realization process or incorporated into the final product. One final clause that may be excluded in very special circumstances, is control of monitoring and measuring devices. The exclusion of this clause would only be allowable when an organization did not use monitoring or measuring devices during the realization of its product. This situation may be encountered during the auditing of a firm that provides services.

Whenever any part of the standard is excluded from the scope of the management system it must be clearly stated and justified within the quality manual as required by clause 4.2.2. Furthermore, it is not acceptable to claim compliance with ISO 9001 when an organization chooses to exclude a portion of their system that clearly contributes to the realization of their product or service. It will be the responsibility of the Registrar to ensure that the scope of the management system is properly reflected in the quality manual and used in all advertising.

In the determination of whether a particular portion of clause 7 is applicable the general question that must be answered is whether the organization retains the overall responsibility for product realization. For guidance and assistance in determining applicability see the ISO publication ISO/TC 176/SC 2/N 524.

Hope this information helps!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News PPAP in the Aerospace Sector - What is it? AS9145 - Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
H Informational What is PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)? APQP and PPAP 26
J Differences between a Risk Management Plan vs. Production Part Approval Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
O Is it "legit" to create IMDS before Part Production? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
K 21 CFR Part 11 (and EU) compliant Digital Signatures on a Production Line Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
K FAI (First Article Inspection) vs PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) APQP and PPAP 15
R Part Prints - Controlled and Uncontrolled Documents (e.g.: The Production Floor) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
T Variable Dimensions / Part of Production / PPAP Dimensional Report Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
J PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) Requirements for Annual Revalidations APQP and PPAP 1
M 21 CFR Part 210-211 Sec. 211.192 Production Record Review Requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
S ISO/TS 16949 certification no longer valid when automotive part production ends? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
S Part Marking: When in the production process to mark parts? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
M PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) files for Ford APQP and PPAP 11
A What is PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) Why submit it and/with PSW APQP and PPAP 2
B Help for beginner - PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) APQP and PPAP 9
R Is Kappa Study Required during PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
I Traceablity of Small Part Lots Supplied to Production taken from Large Lots? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
T Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Presentation in ppt. format APQP and PPAP 3
M Audit of Goods In as part of the QSIT "Production & Process Controls" Schedule 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
F Who should Sign Supplier PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) documents? APQP and PPAP 13
H Who can require PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)? APQP and PPAP 7
Oldrice AS9100 for 'Non Production Part' Company - We make check fixtures AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
S Tell Me All About PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) APQP and PPAP 7
T Part to Material Traceability - Parts for Production Runs ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
J AIAG PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) Manual Fourth Edition Released APQP and PPAP 69
A PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) - Where can I buy the AIAG Manual? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 2
J PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) Submission Level Differences - Forms attached APQP and PPAP 17
W PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) - Clarify When submission is required APQP and PPAP 10
D Is PMCF really a continuous activity per Annex XIV,Part B? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M 21 CFR 820 vs 21CFR820 vs 21 CFR Part 820 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
N BF-type applied part MOPP vs secondary IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
D Relabelling a component that will be sold as a spare part - Do I become legal manufacturer? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
T Single Fault Condition IEC 60601 Clause 8.7.1 shorting Cr/Cl in Patient Applied Part IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
D Partial FAI - AS9102 - One single drawing has 10 part numbers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
Anonymous16-2 21 CFR Part 11 - Steps to take if we want to validate an electronic system Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
K IEC 62304 compliance - Code reviews as part of verification strategy IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
G Gage R&R - Where am I going wrong? Part of a FAIR submission (Aerospace) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
A 21 CFR part 11 - section 11.100 - Electronic Signature Certification Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
M AS9102B Detail Part/Assembly FAI Form 1 box 13; AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
M 2xMOPP insulation for Applied Part B. IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
A ISO 41001:2018 - Clause No.8 Operations Part Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
NDesouza Getting Rid of Part Marking Errors Benchmarking 39
L Wearables 21 CFR Part 11 compliance Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
DuncanGibbons How are part cut out specimens made and tested? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S Internal calibrations - Part of an ISO 17025 accredited testing laboratory (Automotive) ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
Ed Panek 21 CFR Part 820 - FDA Label Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
S CQI-23 - Molding System Assessment - Control of part weight IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
DuncanGibbons Looking for example aerospace part CAD files to be used for a case study Career and Occupation Discussions 2