8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction - Is Internal Customer Satisfaction Employee Satisfaction

erichau

Starting to get Involved
In 8.2.1 clause, the note interprets that customer include both internal and external customers, and from clause 8.2.1.1 I know when I perform a customer satisfaction measurement, I need to monitor the perfomance indicators it refers to, but what indicators I need to monitor when I perform a satisfaction measurement to internal customer?
Is the internal customer satisfaction in-fact the employee satisfaction, and the indicators shall include such as:
1) payment satisfaction;
2)training satisfaction;
3)work enviroment and safty, etc.

Some one please help me.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

mguilbert

Re: 8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction - Is Internal Customer Satisfaction Employee Satisfac

I do not interpret the employee satisfaction as an internal "customer" satisfaction. To me an internal customer is one who receives the product which you create. ie at my company (Poultry) our egg depot supplies hatching eggs to the hatcheries. These eggs can be upside down, broken, or have incorrect counts. In the example the egg depot is the supplier and the hatchery is the internal customer. Another example say you are a retailer like Walmart that receives products from a distribution center. The dist. center may send the wrong product, qty, or damaged product as well deliver the product late.

Hope this helps,

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mguilbert

Re: 8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction - Is Internal Customer Satisfaction Employee Satisfac

This post is in the ISO/TS 16949:2009 thread. Internal customer satisfaction is a requirement. And one's internal customer could be another employee.
True, one's internal customer can be another employee. But he cited "payment satisfaction"; "training satisfaction"; and "work environment/satsifaction". In my examples I was trying to show that an internal customer is one who recieves the product of anothers work ie if I order parts from the parts department and they send the wrong part or I have to stop my line because the part is slow in being brought to my station to me that is way to measure your internal customer satisfaction. I apologize if my examples did not seem clear. Even though my company is only ISO 9001 we evaluate both internal and external satisfaction. IMO. the examples listed to monitor were more about employee satisfaction not customer. I will edit my initial response accordingly. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin

Internal customer satisfaction is a requirement. And one's internal customer could be another employee.
Typically notes in ISO Standards are not requirements, but meant as clarifications to the requirements preceding them.
ISO/TS16949:2009 said:
Paragraphs marked “NOTE” are for guidance in understanding or clarifying the associated requirement.
We've had many discussions in this forum about "internal customers" and my strong position is that we must use common and business sense to apply the concept of internal customers. For example, a Ford Engine Assembly plant could have as a customer, a Ford Vehicle Assembly Plant. Since both entities are part of the same corporation, the customer could be considered an internal customer.

If we were to extrapolate the concept of "internal customers" to downstream departments and individual employees, we would end up with a nightmarish bureaucracy; after all, if we are going to implement a customer satisfaction monitoring process for "employees", then we should also implement contract review process between departments and individuals; where would that end? :mg:

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator

Typically notes in ISO Standards are not requirements, but meant as clarifications to the requirements preceding them.
True, I stand to be corrected. Shame on me...

C

Chance

I hope the OP will come back and let us know if it is now clear or not.
IMHO this is simple:
Internal customer = is the one who receives the output of the first process to continue performing the next process. :rolleyes:
Internal customer satisfaction means = you have to track if parts/output from the first process was given to the next one on time, in good condition, quality and quantity.

erichau

Starting to get Involved

Yeah,I got it now.
Would someone please share an internal customer satisfaction survey record with me?
Thank you all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Need to prepare Internal Customer Satisfaction Survey form for QA department Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
M 8.2.1 ?NOTE- Is Monitoring of Internal Customer Satisfaction a requirement? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
T How to Measure Internal Customer Satisfaction? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
R Including Internal Metrics in the Calculation of Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI). IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
S Customer Satisfaction and Internal Audits Internal Auditing 3
A Internal Customer Satisfaction - Objective Evaluation QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 17
F Internal Customer Satisfaction QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
R Customer Satisfaction importance in companies with Government/Public Administration as main customer? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
I ISO 9001:2015 Section 9.3.2 C1 "customer satisfaction and feedback from relevant interested parties" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Q Customer Satisfaction through On-Time Delivery ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
A Have sites like Ebay and Amazon killed customer satisfaction/feedback? Customer Complaints 7
I ISO9001:2015 9.1.2 - Customer Satisfaction Feedback ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
V AS9100 8.2.1 (C) or 9.1.2 (D) Customer Satisfaction - KPI's AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
K How can I monitor customer satisfaction? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
C Customer Satisfaction Process - Audit "Suggestion for Improvement" General Auditing Discussions 14
Ajit Basrur CDRH Customer Satisfaction Results at 87% US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
R Why customer satisfaction is not appropriate regulatory objective in medical device? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
G How to assess Customer Satisfaction without using surveys ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
A Customer Satisfaction Measurement When You Have Only 1 Customer AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
S Conduct Customer Satisfaction Survey for every submitted Bid? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
J Looking for a Customer Satisfaction Survey Form Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
Z Customer Satisfaction Survey Analysis Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
E Marketing and Sales involvement in 8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Customer Satisfaction Survey - Poor Response ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
R Customer Satisfaction for Legal Services ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Mr.Happy Customer Satisfaction Excel File Customer Complaints 3
C Customer Feedback, Satisfaction, Complaint Procedure and Measurement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M 8.2.1.1 - Customer Satisfaction - How to satisfy the end requirement? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
W Customer Satisfaction Surveys in Oil Industry Customer Complaints 8
M Customer Conversion and Retention / Satisfaction Measurement Index Benchmarking 4
B Increasing Customer Satisfaction While Decreasing Employee Workload Customer Complaints 4
R Supplier Satisfaction Survey about Working with us as a Customer Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
R Setting Targets (Objectives) for Customer Satisfaction ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
M Customer Satisfaction Surveys - User Friendly & Online methods. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Customer Satisfaction Surveys - Response Rate, Analysis, Customer Feedback ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
A Minitab for Customer Satisfaction Analysis Using Minitab Software 1
J How to Increase Customer Satisfaction Rating? Customer Complaints 20
K Customer Satisfaction - Would you advise to investigate the trend or the incidence? Customer Complaints 9
I Calculating the CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 17
K Definition Customer Satisfaction - ISO 9001 Definition Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 16
R Analyzing Customer Satisfaction Indexes Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
Antonio Vieira Customer Satisfaction Survey Sample Size Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
F Customer Satisfaction Survey - Further actions needed for Customers Comments? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
E Customer Satisfaction - Customer Perception of Government Contract Officers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
V Complaints Handling Responsibility - Customer Satisfaction - ISO 10002 Clause 5.3.2 Customer Complaints 9
Sidney Vianna ISO 10004:2012 - Customer satisfaction - Guidelines for monitoring and measuring Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 18
B Quality Policy - Need to include "Customer Satisfaction & Continual Improvement? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Customer Satisfaction Reporting Responsibilities Career and Occupation Discussions 10
H Determining Customer Satisfaction in a Small Aerospace Job Shop AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
S Is it mandatory to monitor customer satisfaction for a non-regular product? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16