Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

8D Corrective Action Root Cause Problem Solving Training

C

ccominsky

8D Problem Solving Training

Let me introduce myself. My name is Cindy Cominsky, and I am an employee of Moen Incorporated who is working on coordinating an 8-D Problem Solving course.

I'm wondering if you know of organizations that deliver 8-D Problem Solving training for quality engineers? Or organizations that sell train-the-trainer materials?

Any input you would have would be greatly appreciated.

A

Al Dyer

Cindy,

I'm not sure where you are located but I've found that many of the local universities or community colleges offer good training.

As for companies that offer such services, I would look into the FTP site on this forum and contact some registrar web sites.

You have noted the 8D process. This is a Chrysler process: they offer training.

I will ask two things:

1: What are the required qualifications to be a "quality engineer" at your company?

2: Shouldn't a "quality engineer" already be qualified to "train" problem solving (8D) techniques?

I

isodog

Our ASQ section (1212 NE Illinois) offers a two day *D course for companies that want one an in house.
Dave

------------------

C
Ford has a 3-day 8D class. They have certified instructors that can teach in-house. We just used an independent contractor that was certified by Ford to teach sessions for us. I have heard that there is e-learning training available, but I'm not sure how effective that would be for a problem-solving course.

tqsrocky

Starting to get Involved
Ford has free Global 8D training available on line at the Ford Supplier Website through Covisint Portal. 12 hours online with a quiz. Many reference documents available and two case studies with completed 8Ds.

Top Bottom