8D Corrective Action Root Cause Problem Solving Training

C

ccominsky

8D Problem Solving Training

Let me introduce myself. My name is Cindy Cominsky, and I am an employee of Moen Incorporated who is working on coordinating an 8-D Problem Solving course.

I'm wondering if you know of organizations that deliver 8-D Problem Solving training for quality engineers? Or organizations that sell train-the-trainer materials?

Any input you would have would be greatly appreciated.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

Cindy,

I'm not sure where you are located but I've found that many of the local universities or community colleges offer good training.

As for companies that offer such services, I would look into the FTP site on this forum and contact some registrar web sites.

You have noted the 8D process. This is a Chrysler process: they offer training.

I will ask two things:

1: What are the required qualifications to be a "quality engineer" at your company?

2: Shouldn't a "quality engineer" already be qualified to "train" problem solving (8D) techniques?

I

isodog

Our ASQ section (1212 NE Illinois) offers a two day *D course for companies that want one an in house.
Dave

------------------

C
Ford has a 3-day 8D class. They have certified instructors that can teach in-house. We just used an independent contractor that was certified by Ford to teach sessions for us. I have heard that there is e-learning training available, but I'm not sure how effective that would be for a problem-solving course.

tqsrocky

Starting to get Involved
Ford has free Global 8D training available on line at the Ford Supplier Website through Covisint Portal. 12 hours online with a quiz. Many reference documents available and two case studies with completed 8Ds.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E CAR (Corrective Action Report) with questionable Root Cause ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
P Examples of Nonconformance, Corrective Action Requests, and Root Cause Analysis Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
H Root Cause Corrective Action Examples Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
S FDA 483 Listing Observations - Mostly Corrective Action and Root Causes? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
D Root Cause and Corrective Action - Is our Practice Acceptable? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
B Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Program for Inventory Inaccuracies Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
Fender1 Corrective Action and Root Cause Analysis for a Missing Assembly Part ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
C Root Cause and Corrective Action Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
T Corrective Action and Root Cause Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
C System Root Cause and CA (Corrective Action) for ISO 13485 Audit Nonconformances ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
L Root Cause Condition / Corrective Action Condition Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 2
F Can we reply to a CAR (Corrective Action Request) without Root Cause? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 24
E Please Critique my Root Cause Corrective Action Form training Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 4
E RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action) Training Materials Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
Q Corrective Action - CAPA - Root Cause - Not following the training procedure! Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 13
E Root Cause Corrective Action - Identification and Traceability Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
K Corrective Action and Root Cause Training Presentation wanted Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 10
Q Preventive Action vs. Corrective Action - What about Root Cause? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 30
S Developing and implementing a Corrective Action Reporting System w/ Root Cause Analy Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 3
B Reviewing corrective action - How to ensure that root cause analysis is correct Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
Tom W Effective Root Cause Analysis / Corrective Action - Managements root cause ideas Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 7
A Root Cause Verification - Corrective Action Effectiveness, or Root Cause Verification Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 24
B Root cause analysis software - Off the shelf software to guide Corrective Action team Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
Marc True root cause in a corrective action process - How do you know? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 35
Marc Corrective Action and Root Cause - The Humourous Boeing Repair Responses Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
R Root Cause Analysis - Nonconformance and Corrective Action - 8D - Root Cause Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 2
D Corrective Action Timing - IATF CB Deadline IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R AS 9100D - Containment and Corrective action AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
P Customer Corrective Action Requests in OASIS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
C Corrective action for failure in documents control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
G Assignable cause/corrective action list for SPC Software Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
S Can we provide training plan as corrective action for IATF 16949 Non conformity? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
P Corrective Action Response for Missed bumps on brake press Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
B Stakeholder Initiated Corrective and Preventive Action Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
B Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) A Key Process of the Quality Management System Dec 17... Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
I When exactly can a corrective action be closed? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
L What to do if a Corrective Action requires several extensions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
qualprod Best criteria to measure Corrective Action effectiveness - Poor Maintenance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Ashok sunder Is it possible to reduce Risk likelihood and impact Post control Ranking after corrective action taken for risk? FMEA and Control Plans 1
B How to reply NCR on ineffectiveness of corrective action during IATF external audit? This is repeated issue whereby some mistake was done. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
I AS9100D Non-conformance for 10.2.1 b 2 and 10.2.1. b 3 e and f - Corrective Action AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
I Corrective Action Tracking for Product and Process in the same system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Ashok sunder Is it possible to reduce FMEA Occurrence and Detection Ranking after corrective action taken for customer complaints? FMEA and Control Plans 6
R CIP (Corrective Action) requirements - ISO 9001 clause 10.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
E CAR (Corrective Action Request) Due Dates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
E Corrective Action or Customer Complaint ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
J If Corrective and Preventive Action were truly Effective IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
qualprod Is a Corrective Action Expected if a Quality Objective is not in compliance? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
M Corrective Action Effectiveness Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
P Documentation for correction, corrective action, mini CAPA Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9