A 20 Hour Non-Stop Flight - (October 2019)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I saw this on Bloomberg and was thinking back to the late 1970's when I was doing some traveling. I think the longest flight I did back then was a trip to Kenya, but it wasn't non-stop. It was just long taken as a whole. St. Lewis to NY, NY to Geneva, a third stop I don't remember, and finally Nairobi.

I think the longest non-stop I did was NY to Thailand back in 2007. Something like 12 hours or so. Flew over the N pole.

I did see a video, probably on Youtube - It was a guy who was doing some articles on long flights on expensive airlines. I forget the airlines, but it was something like Qatar to Amsterdam. He had a room with a door and all the amenities you could ask for including room service, recliner/bed, TV, etc., etc. Ah, to be rich...

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
Longest one I did (at least twice if I remember correctly) was from the US to Japan, 16 hours non-stop. It's totally boring - IF you manage to sleep (which I usually can't do) for like, 8 hours (which is somewhat impossible in a plane anyway unless you take heavy medicine), it's still only.....8 more hours? Cmon, why people can't simply invent teleporting? :p

mattador78

Involved In Discussions

WCHorn

Rubber, Too Glamorous?
Trusted Information Resource
Did LAX to Doha, Qatar, earlier this year. 16 hours. Got lucky and had an empty seat next to me both ways. Did lots of research online and took all the sensible advice available. Watched three movies, several episodes of a TV series, ate two meals and snacks, read lots on my Kindle, kept hydrated, took disposable tooth brushes (wisps), TicTacs, Protein bars, wore compression socks and slept a couple of hours. Survived with no physical or mental disabilities, which was the goal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Man Hour Plan 145.A.30 example needed EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0
B Guidance Required for Examining 168 Hour Salt Spray Test Samples Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
Marc Definition PFH - Probability of dangerous failure per hour Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
Ron Rompen Seeking Test Lab which can do 1440 Hour Accelerated Weathering Characteristics Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
J Maintenance Man Hour Plan which satisfies EASA Part 145.A.30 (example needed) EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 4
B The Case for a 25-Hour Work Week Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Q What is the salary range per hour for a Quality Management System Coordinator? Career and Occupation Discussions 10
P EASA 145 (145.A.30) Man Hour Plan for Quality Monitoring EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 2
somashekar Insight about Air Changes per hour (ACH) in Mechanical Ventillation Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
Stijloor Bicycle Rush Hour - Utrecht, Netherlands Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
M Inferences from Distribution? (Average per hour/the average pay of the staff) Six Sigma 2
J 200 hour Salt Spray per ASTM B 117 - What should be reported? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
Ted Schmitt Earth Hour - Sat March 28, 2009 Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 27
R Statistical Analysis Problem - Pooling Information for 8 Hour Shifts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
Marc French Train Breaks Speed Record of 350 miles per hour World News 4
M PPAP Charge Survey - What Price to Charge for 4 hour "Annual PPAP" APQP and PPAP 13
C 1 hour minimum change over to 3 minute change over, (still in testing) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
N Outbound Shipping Quality - Package Contents Sampling Plan - 1,500 Packages an Hour Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
K Controlling Off-Hour Changes - Changes to equipment settings or SOPs Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
R Making sense of Standard Hours - Work an employee can be expected to do in an hour Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
A HP E34401A Digital multimeter - "< 1/5 dmm 24 hour spec" what does this mean? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
R Frequency of self control and costs - Justification for 4 Hours vs. Every Hour IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A Non-Conformances Found After 3rd Party Sorting Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
N Audit non-compliance API Q1 - Use of External Documents 4.4.4 in Product Realization Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
D Using non-conforming components even though the final assembly is conforming? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
N Competent Authority notification for non-EU manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M CE marking for NON-EU EU Medical Device Regulations 0
E Non-GMP examples in Pharmaceutical industry Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
blile Increasing PFMEA occurrence ranking after non-conformance FMEA and Control Plans 4
S Non-Conformance and Deviations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
B Risk Assessment Checklist for Non product Software IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
N Audit non-compliance - API Spec Q1 9th Ed 5.6.1.2 b Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
R Applicability of new non-harmonized standards (MDD/MDR) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
M Scope of Combined ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 QMS - Non-automotive customers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Guidance on manufacturing non-surgical face masks US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
D Do non-IATF customers need to be included in audit scope? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
C If it doesn't prevent a non-conformance, is it a preventive action? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
G Addressing Non-Conformances from an Internal Audit that are not product related ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
T Non conformance product identification and traceability 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
I Non-Conformance vs OFI -- your best descriptions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 61
G Question about Non-conformances during New Product Introduction Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
B Bioburden monitoring for surgical instrument provided non-sterile EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Y Packaging validation for non-sterile Medical Equipment Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
S Can we provide training plan as corrective action for IATF 16949 Non conformity? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
J Medical System with non-medical device and FCC US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
L PMA and Non-PMA parts in same finished goods area? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 1
W Non-Conformance from recent Audit carried out on Purchasing AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
D Do purchasing controls apply to non-medical parts? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5