SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

A little perspective... The Goodbye Letter

M

morgand - 2006

The Goodbye Letter

A father passing by his son's bedroom was astonished to see the bed was nicely made, and everything was picked up. Then, he saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow. It was addressed, "Dad." With the worst premonition, he opened the envelope and read the letter, with trembling hands.

Dear Dad,

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend, because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mom and you.

I've been finding real passion with Stacy, and she is so nice, but I knew you would not approve of her, because of all her piercings, tattoos, her skin-tight motorcycle clothes, and because she is so much older than I am. But it's not only the passion... Dad she's pregnant.

Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a tiny trailer in
the woods, and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter.
We share a dream of having many more children.

Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't
really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves, and trading
it with the other people in the commune, for all the cocaine
and ecstasy we want.

In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for
AIDS, so Stacy can get better. She sure deserves it!!

Don't worry Dad, I'm 15, and I know how to take care of myself.

You taught me well. Someday, I'm sure we'll be back to visit, so
you can get to know your grandchildren.

Love,

Your son,

John

P.S. Dad, None of the above is true. I'm over at Tommy's house.
I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life
than the report card that's in my center desk drawer. I love you!

P.S.S. Call when it is safe for me to come home

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Steve McQuality

Quality Engineer
Claes:

I'm not sure I like that letter... Today is "Report Card Day" for my two twin daughters (it's the end of their school year). Thank GOD they're only 10!!!! :truce:

...and the advantage to living in the US - I hunt, so I own a shot gun (for the later years when the boys start coming by the house)...;)

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Steve McQuality said:
Claes:

I'm not sure I like that letter... Today is "Report Card Day" for my two twin daughters (it's the end of their school year). Thank GOD they're only 10!!!! :truce:

...and the advantage to living in the US - I hunt, so I own a shot gun (for the later years when the boys start coming by the house)...;)
When my daughters were still living home and dating, one came home with her date about 10:30 pm to find me sitting on the front porch with a shotgun. I had been cleaning it outside to keep the odors out of the house.

She said, "Hi, Dad."

The date was rattled and blurted, "Gee! Mr. Bucey, we just went to the movie. Nothing happened. Honest!"

I bit the inside of my cheek and said in my most serious voice, "All right. Just don't give me any excuses."

The look on the date's face was precious, until my daughter broke the spell, "Oh, don't pay any attention to Dad; he's always joking around!"

Then she turned to me and harumphed, "Really, Dad. Sometimes you're just too much!"

Steve McQuality said:
I hunt, so I own a shot gun (for the later years when the boys start coming by the house)...;)
Er... Any chance of you letting me borrow that barker? My daughter will be 11 in July, and my crystal ball tells me that I may need some deterrent pretty soon. (Be afraid, lads.... Be very afraid...:nono: )

Wes Bucey said:
Then she turned to me and harumphed, "Really, Dad. Sometimes you're just too much!"
LMAO! :lmao: Oh, that poor lad.... Why don't we have things like that on film?

/Claes

Steve McQuality

Quality Engineer
Wes Bucey said:
When my daughters were still living home and dating, one came home with her date about 10:30 pm to find me sitting on the front porch with a shotgun. I had been cleaning it outside to keep the odors out of the house.

She said, "Hi, Dad."

The date was rattled and blurted, "Gee! Mr. Bucey, we just went to the movie. Nothing happened. Honest!"

I bit the inside of my cheek and said in my most serious voice, "All right. Just don't give me any excuses."

The look on the date's face was precious, until my daughter broke the spell, "Oh, don't pay any attention to Dad; he's always joking around!"

That's too funny!:lol: My Brother-in-law tells a very similar story, almost word for word when his daughters were in High School - only his "keep the date honest shotgun cleaning" happened as her date was picking her up to go out. I'm just patiently awaiting my opportunity to "have the same fun" as you two have had...

Steve McQuality

Quality Engineer
Claes Gefvenberg said:
Er... Any chance of you letting me borrow that barker? My daughter will be 11 in July, and my crystal ball tells me that I may need some deterrent pretty soon. (Be afraid, lads.... Be very afraid...:nono: )

/Claes
...Sounds like our daughters are only 2 months apart in age (mine turn 11 in September). Give me a call in 5 years and at least we'll be able to sail in the same boat! At least you only have one - I've got TWINS! ...Guess I'll have to go out an buy a "Double Barrel Shotgun"...;)

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Postscript

The guy that daughter eventually married (not the same date!) now has ALL my guns down in Texas where they still get lots of use with an avid hunter/fisher son-in-law.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Dock Audits - Isn't waiting to do an audit when the product is "supposed" to ship a little late? Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
Mikey324 GR&R - Little to no part to part variation in single part number Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 14
I Gage R&R confusion on a part that has little variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
Douglas E. Purdy Where to buy Little Red Arrow Stickers Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
H "Too little" variation in gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
T A little survey on ISMS Implementation - Need help IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 12
optomist1 A Little Midwestern Whine - Drowning in Sea of Acronyms Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
R Is IEC 61010-1 required for my silly little device? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
somashekar Too much data, Too little analysis - Manual Stages Assembly Shop Data Collection Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
C MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Case - A little help? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
A Looking for a wordsmith - Little compensation - Lots of appreciation! General Auditing Discussions 8
D My little ISO 9001:2008 plant is going to make a medical device...now what? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 35
somashekar OH&S and the little family fun Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
M There?s a little lie within the Kano-model! Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
Claes Gefvenberg Weekly picture: The little things... Imported Legacy Blogs 1
smryan Share the Joy! Our little company just got a huge grant! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
R They do things a little different on Southwest Airlines! Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 1
BradM The family lost a little friend today Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 52
M A Little Car Trouble :) The back wiper stopped working Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
S A little weight on my mind for New Year's - Measurement Uncertainty Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
Wes Bucey Job hunting - the "dirty little secret" Career and Occupation Discussions 5
Jen Kirley I saw the coolest little book today. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 30
T ASQ CQE Recertification - I might be a little short on points - What to do? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
M a little Norwegian humor??.. Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 4
W When A Little Redneck Isn't Enough... Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 1
Z Their own little database empires, can anyone be impartial? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
BradM A little help for the bird watchers Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 4
I A little controversy - but is it really? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 36
Wes Bucey Thanks for giving me the opportunity to give a little bit back Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 20
J Choosing Samples for Gage R&R - Randomly picked samples show very little variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
Wes Bucey Aren't we a little old to believe in fairy tales? Whirlpool to close Maytag plants World News 13
E My little web application about ISO 9000 - Looking for suggestions, comments etc. Software Quality Assurance 8
A Looking for a little insight - New to the Quality Profession - Older Company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 19
Marc GM to place more emphasis on hybrids - Too Little Too Late World News 0
C New to 17025 and need a little help in proficiency testing ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
D Registrar's Auditors Main Interest - Football Hall of Fame - Little Work Registrars and Notified Bodies 96
D Can anyone tell me a little about AS9101? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 7
D A little light relief - A puzzle Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
B How Do I Put a Little Life into the Internal Audit Report to Management? Internal Auditing 6
Ajit Basrur Physical Address on Product Labels (EU MDR perspective) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Informational Medtech Europe presentation – – Industry Perspective on the Implementation Status of the MDR/IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion ISO 9001 audits from the perspective of registrants' customers - an interesting paper Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
Q ISO 14001:2015 accredited but import most product - CB Raised minor NC on Life Cycle Perspective ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
G From an ISO 17025 auditor perspective must micrometer calibration check anvil flatness? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
supadrai Prop 65 - A (former) litigation attorney's (now in-house counsel at a MD manufacturer) perspective. RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 18
R ISO 14001:2015 Life Cycle Perspective ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 11
R Mobile Auto Valeting Services - Waste Disposal (Environmental Perspective) Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
M Heard of MS1900: 2014. Quality Management System from Islamic Perspective? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
N Help me understand the ISO section 7.5.2 from API Q1 perspective Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
DanteCaspian Using a Distribution Center (from a Lean Perspective) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4