SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

A non-religious country, where you don't drink?

Mikael

Quite Involved in Discussions
As the the headline tell I am looking for a combination of these no religion and no Alcohol.

My thesis is that almost all countries have some kind of religion, more or less, and in almost all countries people drink alcohol in some kind, more or less official.

So does this combination exist?

If it does I would like to visit that world.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: A non-religious country, where you dont drink?

The nearest best is Estonia for you sir ...... Have a nice trip there.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin

There isn't any established "country" that has no "religion" (of some sort) and no alcohol or some type of intoxicant/mind altering substance. And I think pretty much all of the remote "tribes" (e.g.: the Yanomami which I studied when I was in college years ago) have become known although I wouldn't bet on it.

Wikipedia reference-linkYanomami

I think the best one could hope for is a secular country where each person respects every other person's religious beliefs (or one's lack of any religious belief). As to alcohol, I have never heard of any country or tribe which has no "drugs" of any kind.

Religion(s) of some type, drugs (be it alcohol and/or other substance(s)), and war are the three things humans have always had (at least going back 10,000+ years).

Maybe you're looking for a "Utopia" such as was portrayed in Wikipedia reference-linkLost_Horizon_(1937_film) - Tracey and I watched the restored version in the last 6 months or so. I remember watching it when I was young. Alas, no such place exists and I seriously doubt anything close has ever existed other than in some people's minds.
The nearest best is Estonia for you sir ...... Have a nice trip there.
Interesting country - Wikipedia reference-linkEstonia

Mikael

Quite Involved in Discussions

Marc - If I ever win the jackpot/lottery whatever you call it, I will buy an Island and try to practice my beliefs.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member

A similar provision exists in Western Australia:

Drinking in a public place
It is an offence in Western Australia for persons of any age to drink in public, such as on the street, park or beach.
PENALTY:
$200 infringement or maximum $2000 fine.
https://www.police.wa.gov.au/Your-Safety/Alcohol-and-drugs/Alcohol-and-the-law

However, saying that Western Australia is devoid of alcohol, or that alcohol is unpopular / uncommon here would be quite far from the truth.

I agree with Marc that there's probably no country in the world where alcohol is absent, or even uncommon. I believe that if there's an exception it's only in countries where extreme religious law is applied brutally.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L "Shelf-Life" Class I Non-Sterile Products Expiration Date? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
B Process / Procedure - Radiographic (X-Ray) Non-Film Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
N How to find column number for the last non-empty column? Using Minitab Software 0
A Need to calculate tolerance Intervals with a set of non-normal data and 3-Parameter Weibull distribution Using Minitab Software 0
3 Non-conformance Register vs Corrective Action Register ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
G Competent Authority non-EU Manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 7
F Non conforming locked? Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
M Changing Investigational Device from Non-Sterile to Sterile - what are the implications? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
K Is Calibration Required for Non-Adjustable Commercial Inspection Devices? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
J Informal vs formal scope creep... managing non-medical devices through system processes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
G Not accepting a non conformity during an audit General Auditing Discussions 11
J In-house (NHS) manufacture and use (by staff) of non-medical devices.. any regulations apply? UK Medical Device Regulations 6
B Does FDA Registration QSR need to cover non-medical devices for contract repackager? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
A Brexit Mandate for EU Authorised Representative for non medical devices CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
E Accredited vs. non-accredited labs for 60601 compliance in the US IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
E Accredited vs. non-accredited labs for 60601 compliance in the US Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
C Non-sterile reusable surgical instruments - FDA sterilization requirement Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
L Water requirement for Non-sterile topical OTCs Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
B Procedure packs with non-medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 1
W Non Sterile Medical Device Environmental Tests Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
S Advice on how to reduce overhead of handling non-conforming material Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
G Team to analyze a non conformance Customer Complaints 26
J Promoting and marketing of a non approved device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
G 0 non conformities in registrar audits over 4 years Management Review Meetings and related Processes 12
K CE Marking Class 1 (Non sterile) medical device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
M Supplier requirements - Major supplier is a Non-Profit registered with ICCBBA (FDA UDI) Supply Chain Security Management Systems 12
S Non parametric test for semi-quantitative data. Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
B Free Sales Certificate for Non Medical Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
P Ppk results shown as asterisk after the transformation of Non-normal data Using Minitab Software 4
I When is necessary to have RoHS declaration on non-electrical parts? REACH and RoHS Conversations 1
Johnnymo62 Non Aerospace topics - Anything for military trucks, trailers, Humvee type vehicles? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
G Dealing with non conformity caused by Supplier Components detected in the production line IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
M Who are the go to companies for non-destructive hardness testing? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
R Non conformance (NC) or Corrective & Preventive action (CAPA) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
M How does IEC-60601-1 apply to a non-medical device in the patient vicinity? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
A FDA guidance on non-sterile Medical Device Packaging Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
E Qualification for non gmp service providers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
R MDD x PPE Directive - Statement of Non-Applicability EU Medical Device Regulations 3
B Exclusions or justification for non-applicability of IEC standards Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
C Non-EU Language Requirements Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
A Non-Conformances Found After 3rd Party Sorting Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
N Audit non-compliance API Q1 - Use of External Documents 4.4.4 in Product Realization Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 8
D Using non-conforming components even though the final assembly is conforming? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
N Competent Authority notification for non-EU manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M CE marking for NON-EU EU Medical Device Regulations 0
E Non-GMP examples in Pharmaceutical industry Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
blile Increasing PFMEA occurrence ranking after non-conformance FMEA and Control Plans 4
S Non-Conformance and Deviations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
B Risk Assessment Checklist for Non product Software IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1