A summary of ISO Guide 25 and an NVLAB Question

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
V

Vicki Horner

This isn't a summary, but the entire text of ISO Guide 25 is available on-line as a part of the A2LA Accreditation of Laboratories. This site also includes an assessor checklist for what is essentially ISO Guide 25, and has additional requirements that laboratories must pass before becoming A2LA-certified.
Here is the website:
www.a2la.org.a2la/general.htm

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I appreciate your response to this. In all honesty I was too lazy (far be it from me to say I've been busy...) to find it.

I checked the document out and it says it's OK to distribute so I'm posting it here as well.

http://Elsmar.com.com/pdf_files/A2LA.pdf - A2LA's General Requirements for Accreditation of Laboratories - [Part A includes all ISO/IEC Guide 25 requirements]

Again, thank you very much!

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
Has anyone had any experience with NVLAB? I ran into that while performing an audit of a cal lab using 'guide 25'...and I was not impressed comparing my findings to the NVLAB audit findings. What are youe experiences with NVLAb and their accredited companies?

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
Marc..there is money to be made here..to be sure.....a system with all requirements covered is easy to pull together....have been playing with one and its not as tough as it seems. Have 2 cal labs ready to drop it into..soon as I get a bit of free time to finish it. Its generic to be sure, all it needs is the technical stuff for the specality calibrations, but the labs I plan to do are regular stuff...no fluids, pressure or gas so I am Ok.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I don't have any hands on but part of the reason I pulled together that thread from other 'list' threads is to better understand it all. No - there is no question in my mind that it's just a matter of understanding the requirements and from what I've seen - no bid deal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J ISO 14971 - Risk Analysis - Seeking guide and / or summary ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
L ISO 9001:2015 Correlation Matrix & Change Summary ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
J Does anyone have a summary of changes made to ISO 11137-2? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
S Internal ISO 9001:2008 Audit Summary Report wanted General Auditing Discussions 4
E Is there a summary of changes from a withdrawn ISO standard to the current version Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
Q ISO 13485 vs. 21 CFR Part 820 Management Summary wanted 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
J My summary of ISO/TS 16949 Implementation (in Indonesian) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Marc Summary of ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 9001:2008 Changes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 166
K Draft ISO 9001:2008 (Feb 08 version) & Summary of Changes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 60
A ISO 9000:2000 Clause 7.3 Design and Development Requirements Summary Design and Development of Products and Processes 23
L Summary of Changes in ISO 9001:2000 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Marc Summary of Differences and Changes - ISO 9001:1994 and ISO 9001:2000 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
T ISO 10011 Dead - 19011 Is Released - A summary of differences General Auditing Discussions 18
Watchcat DE NOVO SUMMARY - IVDs and Radiology Devices, 2015-2018 Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Watchcat De novo Summary (ODE 2015-2018) Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
M Informational MDCG 2019-9 Summary of safety and clinical performance A guide for manufacturers and notified bodies – August 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Summary of safety and clinical performance in GSPR MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Informational US FDA – MDR Data Files – Alternative Summary Report Data Since 1999 Available Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – Hearing on the SCHEER preliminary Guidelines on the presence of Phthalates in certain medical devices (Brussels, 04 April 2019) – Summary records Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A Minitab 18: How to automate GRR Summary Table save Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
M Informational RIVM – Summary International Expert Meeting on breast implant-associated lymphoma Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T Executive summary for Traditional 510(k) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
A Summary of safety and clinical performance (SSCP) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
D MDR and Summary Technical Documentation Files EU Medical Device Regulations 13
M MDR Clinical Evaluation & investigation (SUMMARY of changes) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S 510(k) statement or 510(k) summary ? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
shimonv Summary of FDA Guidance on “Medical Device Accessories” (Dec 2016) Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
L A "good" non-parametric test summary? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
R 510(k) Executive Summary vs 510(k) Summary - Differences 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
A Does anyone have experience providing a summary of Pre-IDE discussions in the 510k US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S Internal Audit Findings Summary Rewrite by an Auditee ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S RAPS Article on STED (Summary Technical Documents) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
R What should be the content or elements of an MDR Evaluation Summary? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
T Are Control Plans "Summary Documents" not meant to replace Work Instructions? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
K Are you wondering about FDA's UDI rule? Here's a non-exhaustive summary: Other US Medical Device Regulations 12
R Summary / Checklist for ANSI Z80.1 and ANSI Z80.3 Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
C Training Planning - Using Summary Sheet for Documenting Training Activities Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
K Clinical Evaluation Report Article Summary Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 5
Rameshwar25 Acceptance Criteria for Attribute MSA Study Effectiveness Summary Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
E STED (Summary Technical Document) and CSDT Differences Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
R CAPA 4-panel or 4-pane for Executive Summary Presentation Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
S AIAG MSA 4th Edition Summary APQP and PPAP 4
N Audit Summary Report - Need template example and help Internal Auditing 3
Q Adding ISO13485 to existing AS9100 QMS - Summary of the differences ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
C Product Quality Planning Summary and Sign Off Sheet APQP and PPAP 3
B Requirements Summary - Part 21g / Part 21j and Part 145 and DAOS EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 4
E Declarations of conformity and summary reports 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
S Audit Summary Report - Nonconformance Aging Analysis Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
R FDA 510(k) Summary and FDA 510(k) Statement 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
M FDA 510(k) Summary and FDA 510(k) Statement Differences 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2