A2LA Contact and Guide 25 Comment - NOTE: Guide 25 is long since dead and buried

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Subject: Re: REQ: ISO 25 / Popovici/Bigelow
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 09:06:06 -0600

Subject: RE: REQ: ISO 25 / Popovici/Bigelow

>Could anyone share experiences related to ISO 25<

I think Guide 25 can be useful since a lab demonstrates both that its management system is at least up to the level called for as per ISO 9000 and the operators have demonstrated proficiency in the test methods practiced.

I served on the Board of American Association for Laboratory Accreditation several years ago and thought they were doing a good job. The guy at A2LA to talk to for more info is Pete Unger. Phone is 301-670-1377 in Gaithersburg MD.

Regards, Jim Bigelow, TQM Consulting

Marc

Leader
Subject: RE: REQ: ISO 25 / Popovici/Garcia

This website (the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation) has
a lot of information and links about Guide 25 and the accreditation
process: http://www.a2la.org/

This is a listserv about Guide 25 and, just like this listserv, is for
professionals asking questions and sharing information. You might find
it useful. *** Obsolete Link Removed ***

Thanks!
--Maria A.Y. Garcia--

Marc

Leader
An FYI:

Subject: Re: REQ: ISO 25 / Popovici/Meine

Laurian,

Just up the street from you, in Glenwood, is a radiation dosimetry lab---Landauer, Inc. The VP of Technology & Operations there, Dr. R. Craig Yoder, is very knowledgeable on ISO Guide 25----I believe Craig serves on the steering committee for this guide. I'm sure he could answer any questions you have on the applicability and advantages of this system. The Landauer lab is NVLAP certified and the requirements follow Guide 25 pretty closely.

Maureen Meine
Dep. Director & Mgr, Quality Systems
Laboratory Division
GEOMET Techologies

G

Gweber

Another option for ISO 17025/guide 25

One of the labs we send parts out to is accredited through ACLASS. They seem to be knowlegable and do a good job. The web site www.aclasscorp.com

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
Just an additional note.....Guide 25 is long since dead and buried. Accreditation for testing and calibration labs is under ISO/IEC 17025.

Hershal

Top Bottom