A2LA requirements for Electrical Uncertainty Budgets - Measurements with a slope

ScottBP

Involved In Discussions
In the June 2009 A2LA newsletter (http://www.a2la.org/newsletters/June_2009_Newsletter.pdf, see page 11), they determined the minimum type A and type B contributors for electrical and microwave/RF uncertainty budgets. After looking at ours, I've come to the conclusion that we need to revamp ours. My question is how do you state the type A uncertainty for measurements which have a slope to them, e.g. a DC zener voltage standard? How do I get a type A uncertainty from artifact standards that are outsourced (such as standard resistors or thermistor mounts)? Does anybody have any example budgets based on the A2LA requirements they would like to share (you can sanitize your company name off of them if you wish) so I can see if mine are even close to being structured correctly, using the right distributions and having the right info being reported? :frust:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
In the June 2009 A2LA newsletter (http://www.a2la.org/newsletters/June_2009_Newsletter.pdf, see page 11), they determined the minimum type A and type B contributors for electrical and microwave/RF uncertainty budgets. After looking at ours, I've come to the conclusion that we need to revamp ours. My question is how do you state the type A uncertainty for measurements which have a slope to them, e.g. a DC zener voltage standard? How do I get a type A uncertainty from artifact standards that are outsourced (such as standard resistors or thermistor mounts)? Does anybody have any example budgets based on the A2LA requirements they would like to share (you can sanitize your company name off of them if you wish) so I can see if mine are even close to being structured correctly, using the right distributions and having the right info being reported? :frust:
I know it's weekend...but can someone help Scott?

Thank you very much!

Stijloor.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
While I can't speak to A2LA specifics, the outsourced standards roll into your uncertainty as a Type B contribution.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Environmental Temperature Chamber Testing & A2LA requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
E A2LA Laboratory Management Requirements or Qualifications General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
S A2LA Calibration Program Requirements, September 2005 II. Section 2.1.3.b.3 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
gard2372 A2LA & ISO/IEC 17025:1999 vs. European Requirements ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
K A2LA laboratory requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
R Do I need A2LA Accreditation? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D A2LA Certification and moving to a new Facility General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
Q Adding to our A2LA Scope of Accreditation General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
G A2LA's ISO/IEC 17025 and Accreditation Training - Opinions from previous attendees ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
QMMike TS 16949 - A2LA or ISO/IEC 17025 required for material testing? ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
A ILAC explanation - IEC60601-1 testing certified by an A2LA laboratory IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
S Calibration of equipment in an A2LA accredited testing laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
E A2LA Proficiency Test Requirement help needed General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
O When do we need to be A2LA/ISO 17025 certified? ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
M When can you be "accredited" and not be "accredited" with A2LA? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
R AS7101 for Materials Testing - Is this similar to 17025 or A2LA? ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
J A2LA vs. other accreditors General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
T Field Decay Test - Can any one recommend few independent and A2lA accredited labs? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
T Providing A2LA w/ Proficiency Test results General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
S Looking for company to calibrate cutting dies with A2LA, IAS, or NVLAP accreditation General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
J A2LA here, my boss wants to open China office now General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
Hershal A2LA has completely terminated involvement in NACLA General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
W ISO 17025 or A2LA, what?s this?? ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
D If you are TS16949 certified, it also covers A2LA certification? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
S Labels identifying accredited standards - Considering making labels with A2LA Logo General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
S Maintaining and tracking laboratory voltage standards - A2LA audit General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
V Is A2LA the US National equivalent to ISO 17025? ISO 17025 related Discussions 9
D A2LA vs. NADCAP - Could someone explain the differences? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 17
Q Seeking: A2LA to ISO 17025 Audit Template ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
F Which NAVLAP or A2LA Laboratory Accreditation Body? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
C Differences and similarities between ISO 17025 and A2LA certification? ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
R 17025, guide 25, A2LA (cal.,meas.,antest) ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
L A2LA - Sending testing to a non-accredited lab if customer doesn't require A2LA? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
Marc A2LA has a Traceability Policy that was issued 08/2000 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
D A2LA/ISO GUIDE 25 QUALIFIED LABS WITH FLOW CALIBRATION IN THIER SCOPE General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Marc APLAC - A2LA - ISO/IEC Guide 43-1 (1997) - 17025 - Laboratory Proficiency Testing ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
Marc NVLAP and A2LA Guide 25 Interpretations General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
Marc NVLAP vs. A2LA - NVLAP policy on acceptance of calibration laboratories General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
Marc A2LA Contact and Guide 25 Comment - NOTE: Guide 25 is long since dead and buried General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
K OEM specific requirements - PPAP was rejected by STA Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
W Insulation requirements of BF type infant skin temperature probe IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
L FDA Biocompatibility Requirements - Transitory Contact Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
Ed Panek CE Mark Requirements on Kits (off the shelf product requirements met) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
A Interpretation of GMP Requirements for class 1 medical device manufacturer (device GMP exempt, only General controls applicable) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
S MDR GSPR Clause 17 - Software Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L Turkish Requirements - Does the Software need to be translated? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A Regulatory requirements for electrical cosmetic appliances US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
M IEC 61000-4-2: Requirements for coating declared as insulating IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
was named killer AS9100 Supplier Approval Requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 10
K China Medical Device Labeling requirements - Language China Medical Device Regulations 3