AAMI TIR45 guidance wanted

Hello everyone, i just started working as a quality engineer in a startup company that develops a medical device software using agile method.
however as a beginner there is a lot of terminologies and i'm a little bit confused, i saw a guidance document that i assume it could help me a lot to get familiar with all the wording, does anyone of you have the "AAMI TIR45" for agile software developpement or have a webinar that could help me? it would be very appreciated.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Tidge

Trusted Information Resource
If anyone has experience with this particular TIR, I'm curious to read your opinions. Independent of the TIR content, my suspicion is that the development team has its own ideas of what Agile development means.

The original Agile manifesto included, I believe this statement:

We are uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others do it. Through this work we have come to value:
  • Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
  • Working software over comprehensive documentation
  • Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
  • Responding to change over following a plan
That is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more.
For medical device software developed per 62304, it will be necessary to have plans and documentation. I don't know what this TIR says, but from my (limited?) imagination, within medical device software development agile methodologies will probably really only work best at the most granular levels of development (of both code and test cases). There are (I believe) some underlying theories of agile development that can be applied to an explicitly non-agile process (e.g. "please don't keep changing the requirements"). I've had someone tell me that they used an agile methodology to develop software requirements, but when pressed on this point it sounded as if this was not much more than 'we talked a lot with the clients before we agreed on the requirements (which went into the contract)'.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Coverage and differences: EN 60601-1:2006+A12:2014 Vs AAMI/IEC 60601-1:2005+AMD1:2012 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
A ANSI/AAMI versions of 60601-1-2 and related testing requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
M Informational From AAMI – FDA Recognizes AAMI Standard and TIR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S Medical Device Endotoxin Testing for ANSI/AAMI ST72:2011/2016 Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
I Certification CISS by AAMI - I want to form a study group Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
L Can anyone enlighten me on the use of AAMI HE-74? Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
M AAMI draft report - Postmarket Risk Management ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
M AAMI/ANSI 11135-1:2007, EO Sterilization Other US Medical Device Regulations 8
B AAMI Standard - 6 Foot Radius Patient Vicinity Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
E Cleaning Validations for Reusable Products - ANSI/AAMI TIR30:2011 Requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
M Differences between international and regional standards (EN, AAMI, CSA...) Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
A IEC/TR 80002-1:2009 vs. AAMI TIR32:2004 Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
S AAMI EC57 for ECG Medical Device - Seeking 3rd Party Test Laboratory US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
E Does anyone have a good understanding of the application of ANSI/AAMI AT6? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
L AAMI TIR(SW1)/Agile Practices in the Development of Medical Device Software IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 8
D Independent Testing of ECG Electrodes in accordance with AAMI standards Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 5
A Cons and Flaws in AAMI 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 9
S AAMI TIR28:2009 Product adoption & process equivalency for ETO sterilization Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
M Harmonization of ANSI/AAMI PB70:2003, EN 13795? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
M ISO/ANSI/AAMI PB70:2003 and EN13795 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
R IEC/AAMI/ANSI 60601-1:2005 Checklist IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 16
P Has AAMI TIR 14969 (ISO TR 14969) been released for ISO 13485:2003? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
N Ansi/aami/iso13485:2003 + Iso14971:2000 + Iec60601-1-4:2000 + Mdd93/42/eec IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
N FDA standard approval list - ANSI/AAMI SP10 - 1992 revision approval ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
J Can we register non-device clinical decision support software under draft guidance? Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
S In Need of GIDEP Guidance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
A Can anyone explain UKRP guidance relating to Northern Ireland? UK Medical Device Regulations 0
Ajit Basrur Any ISO standard or guidance documents on barcode and scanning? Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
B What is the difference btw RUO vs IUO for IVD in FDA guidance ? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 12
D FDA Guidance on Computer Software Assurance versus 21 CFR Part 11 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
G Does FDA allows remote approvals of quality documentation. Is there any specific guidance on signing any quality records remotely? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
N Guidance - Cost of Good Quality Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Should ISO 9004 be changed from a guidance document to a requirements standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Sidney Vianna Release of ISO 10013:2021, Quality management systems – Guidance for documented information Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
M Labelling - Is there a guidance or regulations that specifically defines the 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M Guidance for health institutions on in-house manufacture and use UK Medical Device Regulations 1
S Need guidance on project ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
dgrainger Informational MHRA guidance on CE UKNI - Article 5.5 - 2021-02 EU Medical Device Regulations 0
R Quality System Functional Safety Checklist / Guidance IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
K Looking for guidance to write an SOP on Statistical Methodologies? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
A 21 CFR 820 - Risk Management - Looking for some guidance US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
A Which guidance do you use for guiding the requirements of IFU for 510(k) submission? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
M Minimum sample size - Guidance and statistical rationale Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
A FDA guidance on non-sterile Medical Device Packaging Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
M FDA News FDA Releases Draft Guidance Clarifying Application of ISO 10993-1 Biocompatibility Standard Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D GMDN code update - Canada - Do you know if there is guidance? Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
D Where to find Guidance Class II Amendment Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
dgrainger Informational UK guidance on Device regulation from Jan 2021 published UK Medical Device Regulations 19
shimonv FDA News FDA guidance on Multiple Function Device Products (8/2020) Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
K FDA Premarket Cybersecurity Guidance - 4 questions Other US Medical Device Regulations 5