About Measurement Uncertainty

hazwan2283

Involved In Discussions
Hi everyone, my name is Hazwan. I would like to ask a question. Recently i've been doing some self search about measurement uncertainty when i first come across of the term in a MSA/Calibration software where it seems to be an option whether we want to use it or not in the calibration study.
I would like to know is it a compulsory thing to be calculated for a Calibration study,
1. do we need measurement uncertainty in a calibration study?.
2. Does any standard requires that?.
3. When i do a google search about the term 'measurement uncertainty', i can only find measurement uncertainty in MSA and none in calibration, can somebody pls help?.

Hazwan

dwperron

Trusted Information Resource
Hi everyone, my name is Hazwan. I would like to ask a question. Recently i've been doing some self search about measurement uncertainty when i first come across of the term in a MSA/Calibration software where it seems to be an option whether we want to use it or not in the calibration study.
I would like to know is it a compulsory thing to be calculated for a Calibration study,
1. do we need measurement uncertainty in a calibration study?.
2. Does any standard requires that?.
3. When i do a google search about the term 'measurement uncertainty', i can only find measurement uncertainty in MSA and none in calibration, can somebody pls help?.

Hazwan

Here are a few documents that give a decent presentation to beginners in the subject of measurement uncertainty:

Attachments

• mgpg11.pdf
    384.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Test-Uncertainty-2nd-ed-Salsbury.pdf
    7 MB · Views: 79
Top Bottom