About NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) and ISO 17020

• Thread starter Stefanescu Marius
  • Start date
S

Stefanescu Marius

Hello, I m new here.
Sorry if is not the right section of the forum for my question.
A person can do Tehnical Inspection for Construction Equipment in conformity with ISO 17020 or only a Body Inspection?
I have more then 10 years expierince in Tehnical Inspection (under authorhity of an Body Inspection) also in ISO 9001 audit and in Conformity Certification Of Products (materials) for Construction (concrete fabrication,etc.)
And if is possible, how that person can be authorized and by the which organism?
I hope someone understand what i want to say. My english is not so good.
Thank you for your time.:bigwave:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Hello, I m new here.
Sorry if is not the right section of the forum for my question.
A person can do Tehnical Inspection for Construction Equipment in conformity with ISO 17020 or only a Body Inspection?
I have more then 10 years expierince in Tehnical Inspection (under authorhity of an Body Inspection) also in ISO 9001 audit and in Conformity Certification Of Products (materials) for Construction (concrete fabrication,etc.)
And if is possible, how that person can be authorized and by the which organism?
I hope someone understand what i want to say. My english is not so good.
Thank you for your time.:bigwave:
Welcome to the Cove! I am sorry for the delay in this response.

I do not have a copy of ISO 17020, but from reading the ISO web page I do not see why it would not apply to construction equipment. The accrediting body ANAB describes accreditation to this standard as
Accredited inspection provides assurance of technically competent service and consistently reliable results, reducing costs and lowering risks. It is key in demonstrating that products, equipment, structures, and systems meet required specifications. Governments and industries around the world are increasingly requiring use of accredited inspection services.
So it would appear the standard is trying to provide the same sort of customer confidence as would, for example ISO/IEC 17025 does for calibration laboratories.

As such it is a management system standard that specifies relevant specifications (and their criteria) would be followed and adhered to in the process of conducting its inspections, maintaining and reporting results, ad in overall organizational operations. The applicable technical specifications, e.g. test methods and acceptance criteria, would be identified by the organization and/or its customers, and the regulations in the area in which the construction equipment operates.

As a management system standard, it would expect NDT inspectors to be competent. There are agencies that certify NDT inspectors, such as ASNT in the United States. These certifications might also be recognized in other countries; I do not know.

I hope this helps!

S

Stefanescu Marius

Hello, ISO 17020, it s a standard for Inspection body, an Inspection body in my case, that made tehnical inspections to the construction equipment.
I want to do this, like an authorized person.

Top Bottom