About These "Legacy Blogs" - 19 November 2018

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I have been reading through the Legacy Blogs which were imported from the old vBulletin forum. I can't say I have ever read through all that were posted, but as you know we do have several great ones.

As a history - vBulletin came out with a "Blog" "mod" some years ago, way back when blogs were becoming a thing. I think a lot of people started Wordpress Blogs, and, if I remember correctly, you could get a free blog from them. In fact, they do still do. There some "blogs" that have done well, and many that still are. But, hundreds of thousands of people started, and eventually abandoned "blogs". They found out that over time it takes a lot of time to write and to maintain a blog. I was doing a search today and came up with one that was essentially abandoned back around 2011.

It really was an error on my part buying that blog "mod", but I did. It confused many people who asked a question in their "blog" rather than navigating to the appropriate forum and starting a New Discussion Thread. None the less, we ended up with some classics here, e.g. Miner's Blog Series and Bob Doerings's Blog Series.

Essentially what we did was when migrating from vBulletin, Blogs and comments within them were imported into a "New" forum here as discussion threads.

Some of the posts here are kind of interesting as I read back through them. For example: Can something be done on these ?

Just thought I'd let everyone know what this forum is all about. In this forum, since it is "Legacy Blogs" I have disabled starting any new posts. There isn't a need. However, you can reply in existing blogs if you would like to.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C MDCG 2020-06 Clinical evidence legacy devices EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Z Economic Operators Responsibilities after DOA for legacy MDD devices EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Edward Reesor Reassigning GTIN to a legacy device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
N EUDAMED postponement and compliance with Article 120 (3) MDR for Legacy Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 8
M MDR Legacy Medical Device Labeling compliance timeline EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K Unique Device Identifier for updates to legacy standalone software Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
Q MDR Effectivity date for Legacy Class I Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M Informational MDCG 2019-5 Registration of legacy devices in EUDAMED Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 11
Q New IVDR and Legacy Products EU Medical Device Regulations 5
B Identifying AS9100 for a Legacy Product Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
A DHF (Design History File) for a Legacy Product (Class iii Medical Device) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
C Thoughts on validation of Legacy Systems for Medical Device Software EU Medical Device Regulations 2
C Legacy Medical Devices -- RoHS compliance in 2014 or 2019? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
G Legacy Product - Do we need follow QSR 820? Design Verification and Validation 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 12
C IEC 62304 conformity for 510k submission legacy product including software IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
C Legacy Products - Change in the Legal Manufacturer or EU Representative EU Medical Device Regulations 12
S Legacy Products and ISO 13485 Certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Process Validation and Qualification of Legacy Equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
A Combination Product - Legacy Drugs and Reclassification 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
E Legacy Forms - Should Change Control apply to legacy forms? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
K Roh Moo-hyun leaves a legacy shaped by contradiction World News 0
B Legacy products in an AS9100 QMS precision machining job shop AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
T Document management software - Legacy document approval history Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
Pancho Forums, blogs and wikis may forge a more inclusive Government Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Marc The Controversial Topics forum - Keep forum or New posts to peoples blogs Forum News and General Information 9
Wes Bucey The ASQ blogs - were you aware of them? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 34
A When Bosses & Blogs collide (Beware) Career and Occupation Discussions 4
S World Quality Day 2019, November 14 - Build Quality Awareness in the organization ASQ - American Society for Quality 0
M FDA News US FDA – November 2018 510(k) Clearances Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Marc Software Update 23 November 2018 Forum News and General Information 1
Marc Tapatalk - 21 November 2018 Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 0
Marc Sorting Forum Listings (Filterss) - 19 November 2018 Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 0
John Broomfield Informational Upcoming vote on the kilogram - November 2018 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
Marc User Agents of Forum Visitors - 6 November 2018 Forum News and General Information 0
Marc SPC based Dashboards - By Steve Prevette (November 2017) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
Ajit Basrur Informational ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Published - November 2017 ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
P New Challenges - PaulJSmith Update (November 2016) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
Marc A special Supermoon comes—but what causes it? 14 November 2016 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Ronen E Fare well, dear man - Leonard Cohen Dead at 82 - November 2016 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
howste AS9110 Rev C has been released and is available for purchase - November 2016 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
P Is ISO 13485 of November 2016 Real? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
howste AS9120 Rev B has been released and is available for purchase - November 2016 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
Sidney Vianna Aerospace Auditor Transition Training - November 2016 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
B Deer hunting starts this Saturday in Texas (November 2016) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
Hershal Veterans Day - 11 November 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Mikishots What a week - 15 November 2013 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
M Help for Phillipines - November 2013 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
F ISO 13485 Revision Questions - November 2013 Other Medical Device Related Standards 21
Marc US Veterans Day (Observed) - 12 November 2012 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
S I voted today - 6 November 2012 (US Elections) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 28