Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Acceptance Criteria for Attribute Data Sampling Plans shall be Zero Defects

J

Joe_1

Well, there is a statement in under 4.10.1 called Acceptance Criteria for Attribute Characteristics. The actual section is 4.10.1.1 it states "Acceptance criteria for attribute data sampling plans shall be zero defects. Appropriate acceptance criteria for all other situations (e.g. visual standards) shall be documented by the supplier and approved by the customer.

How can I go about meeting this? Where do I mention this in my Quality Manual and Procedures? This little statement is driving me crazy. Please help!!! We are having an audit in about 5 weeks!!! Help!

Joe

J
Here's a simple suggestion that should work and hopefully make life worth living again.

Simply cross reference all of your Visual standards into the Control Plan. Have your Control Plan authorised by the customer and you've met the requirement. Most times this works, but the key is to have you customer sign off the Control Plan and also to run this scenario by your registrar PRIOR to the audit - remember, you do not want any surprises during the audit. Good luck with the audit.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Well, on the quality manual, I can only say I advise clients to take the text file of the standard (here QS9000) and 'tailor' it (which is mostly taking things like '...the supplier shall...' and rephrasing it to say '...Company X ...'. No details, only a reference to the level 2. Then yu only have a couple of issues.

For attribute data you you use 0 defects as accept criteria in accordance with a Zero Defects plan.

Your visuals should be cited in your control plan.

Then have your customer sign a copy of the control plan as proof of their 'approval' of your control plan (and the contents, obviously). I guess I can't state it any clearer than Jada. Maybe someone else can phrase this better.

P

pinpin - 2009

Well, on the quality manual, I can only say I advise clients to take the text file of the standard (here QS9000) and 'tailor' it (which is mostly taking things like '...the supplier shall...' and rephrasing it to say '...Company X ...'. No details, only a reference to the level 2. Then yu only have a couple of issues.

For attribute data you you use 0 defects as accept criteria in accordance with a Zero Defects plan.

Your visuals should be cited in your control plan.

Then have your customer sign a copy of the control plan as proof of their 'approval' of your control plan (and the contents, obviously). I guess I can't state it any clearer than Jada. Maybe someone else can phrase this better.

Dear Marc,

Does attribute data sampling (TS 7.1.2) refer to Mil-std 105E or ANSI/ASQC Z 1.4?:thanks::thanx:

C

CliffK

Do you have a handle on this concept?

"Acceptance criteria for attribute data sampling plans shall be zero defects.
Most of the answers you've gotten so far seem to assume that you do, and you're just looking for a way to get it into your documentation.

P

pinpin - 2009

MIL-STD-105E has been superseded by ANSI/ASQC Z 1.4. Both covered Sampling procedures for inspection by attribute.
Dear CarolX,

Thank you so much for your fast guidance.

I want to be sure of this. The plan is called attribute sampling plan, but it does not limit to inspection of attribute data right? Many factories use the plan for inspection of variable product characteristics such as dimention of 3.34mm. etc, then see how many pieces are out of spec, then use this sampling plan to determine whether pass the criteria of Ac and Re stated in the plan, right? But now, TS requires the Ac to be "0", am I correct?

Please teach me....:thanks::thanx:

Top Bottom