Access or Other Database Development Procedure

V

Vash Stampede

Database Development Procedure

Hello Everyone,
I am currently using Access 97 as a Database Developing Software, however, I am having a problem in creating a documentation for this. Do I have to generate a procedure in building appplications with Access? Am i going to include the ultimate design of a certain database, e.g. Material Control Database? Please advice.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you very much.

Vash Stampede

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

Vash,

Considering that there are a multitude of methods that can be used to develop forms (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), and databases (Access) and that each person probably has their own preferred method, I can't see why a procedure would be wanted.

Think of it through an auditors eyes:

There is a procedure to develop an Access database. I will take the procedure and ask how you can show that the database was developed following the procedural steps. (pretend I am an anal retentive auditor)

Don't tie your hands and commit to something that is almost impossible to control.Once the document has been developed the only need I see is to control the document and resulting records.

ASD...

------------------
Al Dyer
Mngt. Rep.
[email protected]

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
The only things you may want to address in a documented procedure would be requirements such as form identification (footer requirements?) and stuff like that. You may already have that addressed in your document control procedures so ensure what ever you do mates with your related systems.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Web Page Development and MS Access - How to make a web page do a database call After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
E Document Control MS Access Database Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 39
I How to build a Microsoft Access MDB Database for Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
N Database (Like ASSIST) to subscribe to & have access to new SAE-AS & ANSI standards Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
T Microsoft Access Database to create a Simple Calibration Certificate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
T Basic Document Control Database (Excel/Access) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
A Does anyone use FMEA database in Access? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
C Looking for CAPA Database for Access 2003 Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5
A Access Document Control database wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
L Developing an Access ECO Tracking Database - Need help Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
A Calibration and PM Access Database Calibration Frequency (Interval) 3
P Creating a Traceability Database with Microsoft Access Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
A Access Database for LPA (Layered Process Audit) questions Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 3
T MS Access Document Control Database advice and database wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
L Access to the Italian Ministry of Health's database (the Italian repertorio) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
B MS Access database in your Quality System? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 19
W Change Control Metrics - Looking for Excel or Access database Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
C Microsoft Access Database for In-Process Run Charts Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
M MS Access/VB database - DATABASE ADDED Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 19
M Macro to connect to Access Database to get to data - Minitab Macro help Using Minitab Software 1
J Microsoft Access Integrated Database Question - PPAP Module Software Quality Assurance 13
J Problems with Charting - Access Database Question Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 9
M Corrective Actions Database in Access Nonconformance and Corrective Action 43
J Access Database to Track Non-Conforming Material Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 8
J Help with Microsoft Access ODBC Database Query Criteria Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 35
Q Training Matrix in Excel or maybe an Access database Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
S RPN Ranking - Put a formula in an access database or Excel .xls spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 12
T Shop Control - Seeking Access Database Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
L Access Database for Gage Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 24
C Customer Complaints 'Access' Database - See attached for your comments Customer Complaints 17
R Looking for access database to control and monitor concerns & internal figures Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
D Internal Auditing - Access Database for tracking Internal Audits Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 41
M Access Database for Internal Audits. Control or not to Control? Internal Auditing 10
B PFMEA's and control plans from something like an Access database for TS 16949:2000 Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Microsoft Access APQP type database for Process Flow, FMEA, Control Plan, etc. Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 44
Richard Regalado Informational ISO makes available relevant BCMS standards free for online access Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 5
I Master Document Access - ISO 9001:2015 clause 7.5.3 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
F ISO Certified companies - Is there a list of certified companies that I can access ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
C Security and access in cGMP facilities Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
P Average access height into an industrial machine (average base plate height) Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 2
K EU MDD Class I Device market access / certification after 26th May 2020 EU Medical Device Regulations 9
M Informational Paper on open access – EU postmarket surveillance plans for medical devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
R Demonstrate how sufficient levels of access to data is achieved - Claims of equivalence EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Informational US FDA – Expanded Access for Medical Devices - Investigational medical devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
C Access to Technical Documentation - MDR Chapter VI Article 61 EU Medical Device Regulations 4
J AS9104-1 Clause 18.1 (a) (b) - Organizations (contractor) shall be required to allow access to Tier 2 data AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
M Who should have access to Audit trail? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 6
A EASA Easy Access Rules for Continuing Airworthiness - June 2017 EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0
M Proposed System: Revision = Modification Date; Approval = Access Permissions Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
R Height gauge to measure short hard to access heights General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3