SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Accessing Medical Device Adverse Event databases in EU

A

Aaria

Is there any means to access adverse events database in EU? Basically, in EU, what is comparable to MAUDE database (US)?

Thanks,
Pooja

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

SteveK

Re: Accessing the Adverse Event database in EU

Hi Pooja,

This is an update of a post I did some time ago giving links to all the regulatory bodies around the world (including EU states) that I could find that supplied alerts etc.

Dead-Links.jpg

In a number of cases you will have to make a few more steps until you get to the medical device or medicines stuff.

Steve

EDIT: Most of the links are now dead. Too many to try to find current links to.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sombra do Vento

To complement Steve's post, I leave you also the link for alerts from the Portuguese Competent Authority (INFARMED):

www .infarmed .pt/ portal/ page/portal/ INFARMED/MAIS_ALERTAS - DEAD LINK REMOVED.

Anything I can help with regard to my country, feel at ease.

Regards.

FoGia

Involved In Discussions
I'm reviving this thread for the benefit of many forum users. In general I find the design of websites supposed to inform the public on reported adverse events/recalls horrendous. Hopefully we will see some progress in the future but at the moment collecting data about a specific device/ gorup of devices remains a very very difficult task.
Here is an additionnal link regarding the TGA doing already a better job:
Safety information & education

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
There's nothing compared in the EU level, because right now this is done in a national basis. You have to go into each country regulatory body and verify if they have a database. In the future, EUDAMED will have all information at the Eu level.

Is there any means to access adverse events database in EU? Basically, in EU, what is comparable to MAUDE database (US)?

Thanks,
Pooja

dgrainger

Trusted Information Resource
There is no European equivalent to the MAUDE database as confidentiality is enshrined into the directives.
Competent authorities can and do publish relevant Field Safety Notices.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Complaint Records - Accessing records on Easy Track Software Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
L Getting Notice of Revision and Accessing Public Draft Copies of ISO Standards Service Industry Specific Topics 2
M Accessing Assist.daps AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
M Informational EU – M2M Data Exchange available services for accessing MDR EUDAMED data available for Economic Operator (EO) organisations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Sidney Vianna Accessing the Xenforo version of Elsmar via a smartphone Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 8
J Accessing and Using Databases via a Tablet Device Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
S Accessing data from separate worksheets in Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
J Shoe Covers - medical device class I EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A Are pipette heads "medical devices"? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
J Software as a Medical Device - SaMD IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
R QMS for Medical products & Pharmaceutical Drugs in one facility Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
C CE Marking - Medical Device Accessories EU Medical Device Regulations 0
H Existing cloud based medical device - questions regarding improving the processes IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 6
L EOL milestone in Medical Devices Regulations 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
U EN 455-4 Accelerated Shelf Life tests for Medical Gloves Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
M Does the scope of ISO 9001:2015 applies to tenders, pricing and sales department of a medical devices distributor? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Statistics and / or Forecasts on medical products exports from China Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
K Unused Service Parts in Newly Manufactured Medical Device? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
S Stability sampling for Class 1 medical devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
B A.I diagnostic software is considered as medical device in FDA? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
J Medical device repairs (to upholstery) Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
F Medical cart self certification EU Medical Device Regulations 1
D Clinical Trial for Medical devices in Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
Ed Panek Apple Provides New Medical Device Cautions 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
C Does a medical device active (zinc oxide) needs BPR registration in EU? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
DanBOS Cloud Connected Medical Device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
dgrainger Informational DRAFT: The Medical Devices (Coronavirus Test Device Approvals) (Amendment) Regulations 2021 UK Medical Device Regulations 1
dgrainger Informational DRAFT: The Medical Devices (Northern Ireland Protocol) Regulations 2021 UK Medical Device Regulations 1
M California Board of Pharmacy License for Medical Devices?? Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
P Retention Samples for medical devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
K Ground Bond Test for Class I Medical Electrical Equipment - calibration problems IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
S Obsolescence of the Medical Device in Various Countries Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
A IT-NETWORK in PEMS Sub-Clause 14.13 for Medical Device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
G Medical Device - Borderline/Definition EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S Medical device equipment calibration Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
P European Medical Device Nomenclature (EMDN) and CND EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S Reseller Request to Change UPC on Medical Device via Re-labeling Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
D Hand Held medical device - power supply requirements IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
E Medical device applicability to WEEE Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
A Medical First Article - Can it be a Delta? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J Informal vs formal scope creep... managing non-medical devices through system processes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Fjalar Spare parts for discontinued MDD compliant class I medical device EU Medical Device Regulations 4
H Medical Device Label Acceptance Criteria Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
J Calling a medical device a medical device (when it might not be one..) UK Medical Device Regulations 29
B Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) Book - Fundamentals of Medical Device Regulations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J In-house (NHS) manufacture and use (by staff) of non-medical devices.. any regulations apply? UK Medical Device Regulations 6
N Medical device name in different countries EU Medical Device Regulations 4
dgrainger Informational EC - Medical devices – online manuals replacing paper instructions - Feedback period: 27 April 2021 - 25 May 2021 EU Medical Device Regulations 0
V Medical Device Literature Translation Software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
R "Medical devices" required in scope ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2