Accredited Laboratory - Date Extension

T

Thothathiri

We in India having Limited NABL accredited Lab for Calibration of Electrical & Electronics instruments. As per QS9000 sanctioned interpertation we can calibrate our instrument in other lab till 01 jan 2001. Can any one know about the status of extending the dates.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
I can not speak for a full interpretation of QS9000. However, I understand that one approved method is through the 2pCP (which means 2nd Party Calibration Program). The way this works is that you send an auditor to be trained to audit within this program. Once your auditor has been trained and approved, you can then audit your non-accredited calibration subcontractors. The caution is that they are quite strict regarding minimum experience and training the auditor must already have prior to attending this class.

I am familiar with this because I am supposed to go to this class this year. Further, it is offered only in Michigan. So your already experienced auditor must attend the class there. You can check with AIAG to see if it is offered at international locations. Since I am not an expert on this, I suggest you contact AIAG for more information.

T

Thothathiri

I think Mr Jerry had wrongly understood my requirement. One of the sanctioned interpertation of QS9000 says that Calibration of IMTE's shall be carried out with Non accreditated Lab thill 01-Jan-2001. I just want to know whether the dates are extended or not.

No the date has not been extended, however, if you go to the site below it provides some interesting reading pertaining to qualification. www.aiag.org/ choose area of interest/ quality, for further discussion.

R

Ryan Wilde

This is a misconception of the AIAG intent. The date that was given for a lab to be accredited to G25 was not without loopholes. The intent was to allow for time so that your particular calibration/testing supplier would have time to become accredited. Even with the timeline, the external lab was required to submit to their QS9000 customers a documented timeline to become accredited. Without that documented timeline from their calibration vendor, a QS9000 company was not actually meeting the requirements of the AIAG sanctioned interpretation.

Ryan

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Internal calibrations - Part of an ISO 17025 accredited testing laboratory (Automotive) ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
B Accredited laboratory or not under MDD 93/42/EEC IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 11
P ISO 9001 Requirements for ISO 17025 Accredited Calibration Laboratory ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
N How Do I Make a Business Plan - 17025 Accredited Laboratory ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
P Sterile Packaging Validation Requirements - Accredited Laboratory or not? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
K Survey Meter Calibration - Accredited Laboratory required? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
K Starting an ISO 17025 Accredited Laboratory ISO 17025 related Discussions 15
A ISO 17020 Audit Findings - Calibration from Accredited Laboratory required Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 8
H Finding an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory to perform calibration ISO 17025 related Discussions 14
S Accredited Laboratory but not the Report IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
E Should material certifications be carried out by an accredited laboratory? APQP and PPAP 4
S Calibration of equipment in an A2LA accredited testing laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
M Accredited Laboratory for Calibration of a Radiometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
S Laboratory is accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 but that is not stated on the Cal Cert ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
S ISO 22000 and accredited laboratory Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
K Suggestions for a Low Cost Accredited Calibration Laboratory - Ring Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
Hershal Of interest to accredited labs - RABQSA Laboratory Assessor Certification Scheme General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
K Accredited ISO 17025 Laboratory - Ultimate buyer insists on signing the Test Reports ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
S Calibrating Biomed equipment in an ISO 17025 accredited calibration laboratory ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
P To be or not to be - 17025 Accredited Laboratory that is ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
D Integrated Circuits Stress Qualification Tests Accredited Laboratory Needed! General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
J Just accredited!!! CMM Dimensional Inspection Laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
J Can I accept TS16949 or QS-9000 to cover accredited laboratory documentation? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
L Acceptable use of a non accredited external ISO/IEC 17025 laboratory ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
J Best ISO 17025 Accredited Laboratory conference to attend: NCSL vs. MSC ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
S Anyone have a Chemical Laboratory Accredited to 17025? Raw materials used as fuel ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
R Trying to find an ISO 17025 accredited testing laboratory to verify our test results ISO 17025 related Discussions 14
J QS-9000 Clause 4.11.2.b.1 - Calibration by OEM vs. Accredited Laboratory QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 6
B Directory of Largest Global Certification Bodies (Accredited) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
W ISO standards /Social Audit Franchise (Accredited & Non Accredited) Service Industry Specific Topics 6
D Who are the accredited Certified Bodies for CE Mark for Medical Devices? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
Jen Kirley Is your registrar (CB) accredited? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 9
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Legal compliance as part of ISO 45001 accredited certification. Major OSHA penalties in the USA. Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 15
Q ISO 14001:2015 accredited but import most product - CB Raised minor NC on Life Cycle Perspective ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
S CB accredited by non-aligned AB - industry views? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
I IATF 16949, accredited logos, calibration capabilities, etc. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
I ISO 9001 and VWAD (Verified-Accredited Wholesale Distributors certification) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
B AS9100 - Are special process suppliers required to be NADCAP accredited? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 15
I FAR Part 43 and Application to 17025 Accredited Cal Lab Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 2
S Is it mandatory for a Calibration Lab to be ISO 17025 accredited? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
Sidney Vianna IAF Endorsed Accredited 13485 Certification helping Control of Medical Distributors ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
M BS 10008:2014 Registration - UKAS accredited company in the UK to assess our company IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
JoCam Use of ISO Logos if company is not certified by an accredited certification body ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
C CB Accreditaton - CB that was accredited by IAS Registrars and Notified Bodies 5
Crusader Calibration Source not ISO 17025 accredited ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
S Do Microbiology Testing Labs need to use ISO 17025 accredited vendors? ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
L What are Accredited laboratories? (Medical Device Class IIb Related) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion IAF CertSearch Database - Repository of "properly" Accredited Management System Certs ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 74