Acknowledging Changed Documents and Procedures

J

JJRegs

Hi all,

just wanted some general advice. I currently use Document Change Record forms to record the changes of a document, and ask relevent staff members to sign to acknowledge they have received the revised procedure/document.

Would it be sufficient for staff to acknowledge receipt by sending an email?(or replying to the original email) I am trying to cut down the amount of paper used in the 'email - print - sign - scan - email' process.

Any thoughts?

P

phloQS

Re: Acknowledging changed documents / procedures

Which standard are you referring to? Gernerally ISO9001 standard requires no form for the document change control. A notification via E-Mail can be sufficient. Alway keep in mind that new procedures (with regard to content, not spelling) always need new training. This is how our company manages the spread of chnages in documents.

regards

phloQS

J

JJRegs

Hi phloQS,

Thank you for your reply, I use these forms for both 9001 and 14001.

Where a procedure has changed I use the DCR form to record training in the changed procedure to add to training records.

AndyN

Moved On

Hi phloQS,

Where a procedure has changed I use the DCR form to record training in the changed procedure to add to training records.

Why? How have you identified training is needed? You may be going through more work than you need to. Don't overlook that "competency" is what's required, so until you determine training is needed, don't jump to the conclusion it's needed and don't do it!

G

Gmzita

JJregs - :bigwave: We are an ISO 17025 facility. I use an acknowledgement form attached to a letter outlining the revisions to documented Procedures. However, in lieu of the actual returned form - I will accept an email from personnel stating they received, reviewed & understand the changes as they apply to thier position .... In your own procedure for document change notification - don't paint yourself into a corner specifing the actual form; use a more general term.

somashekar

Leader
Admin

Hi phloQS,

I hope you have seen the 5.5.3 of the ISO9001.... Internal communication

Would it be sufficient for staff to acknowledge receipt by sending an email?(or replying to the original email) I am trying to cut down the amount of paper used in the 'email - print - sign - scan - email' process.
Yes, if you have the e-mail established as an effective internal communication means.

Overdoing something when the need for training is not assessed. See what AndyN says in the post #4.
Gives me a feeling that every change you make to every procedure is so very complicated.
While everyone learns something silently everyday, it is not necessary to bring them up as training record.

K

kgott

Why? How have you identified training is needed? You may be going through more work than you need to. Don't overlook that "competency" is what's required, so until you determine training is needed, don't jump to the conclusion it's needed and don't do it!

I might have a mistaken idea here so please calrify this if I'm wrong but informing someone that a process has changed and what the new requirements are is 'training' is it not and that this can be achieved by noting the changes in the document itself and sending it to the affected staff with a 'read receipt required' or advising the reader of what the changes are in the email, is both informing them and training them in the new requirements is that not right?

AndyN

Moved On
Telling someone a document has changed isn't training is it? Typically, training involves development of competencies, skills and knowledge. Informing someone of a document change isn't any of this, really.

Someone needs to decide if the above 3 things have changed and then identify what needs to be done about it.

Top Bottom