Actual Definition of Non-Contact for ISO 10993

D

dwayneq

I have a device which is handheld and attached to a desktop control unit by way of an interconnect cable. The patient contact device is being tested for short term skin contact as well as the portion held by the clinical user with the standard skin contact procedure lasting about one hour. The question has come up regarding the same biocompatibility requirements being required of the interconnect cable jacket since it could possibly come in skin contact with the user as they move the device or accidently touch the patient during positioning. I believe that this falls under the term "non-intended" contact and thus only needs to show that the interconnect jacket is non-toxic. I have tested cable jackets before but usually because the intended use would mean the cable likely would lie on the patient for a good portion of the procedure. Can anyone help with some good direction?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Is Device Tracking Card an actual requirement under FDA regulation? Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
K Legal manufacturer vs Actual manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) prep - Practice test versus actual exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
J Supporting functions with no actual activity started IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
P Large data sets of continuous individual data - Estimated or actual deviation Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
H In-house device calibration record - Actual values obtained required? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
J How to verify the actual capacity of suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
I Class I Medical Device Accessory with Actual Risk EU Medical Device Regulations 7
D Referencing Standards in Procedures - Current version or actual? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
B Does an ?Rx Only? medical device require an actual medical license from the buyer? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 16
P Is it a rule to fill in all the 5 why in order to get the actual root cause? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
L How to represent the ?real? or ?actual? players in organizational chart? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R [Minitab] DOE Output vs. Actual Data Using Minitab Software 6
D Can I use the % Tolerance to determine the actual process tolerance? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
Q Is an actual document for Roles and Responsibilities necessary? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
B KPI = 0 - Accidents (Actual accident is 150 case/year) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
J Need help calculating actual Ppk - Result of % GR&R=11.8% when conducting MSA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
I Cpk < 1.33 - How do I estimate actual defects? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
C Actual Standard Test Method for Alloy Chemical Analysis? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
V How to Calculate the Actual Productivity for Projects? Software Quality Assurance 2
S CQM/OE Certification - May 2010 - Exam preparation tips and actual exam experience Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
Buckyb AS9100 7.5.3 Identification and Traceability - Difference between actual and agreed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
W "Actual" Audit Results Required? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
A Actual Call Centre Conversations Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
M Gage pin calibration - Actual calibration readings required on the calibration cert General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A Actual probability of TYPE I error for 3 sigma P-chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
N No Actual Field Failures (5 years) - Still need Analysis of Potential Field Failures? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
B Good Documentation Practice (GDP) - Actual Results (can they be typed)? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
C Control Plan - Links to Customer Documents (e.g. Print) or the Actual Specifications? FMEA and Control Plans 22
Oldrice Standard for the Content of Actual "Certificates"? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A Production schedule that adds actual value and makes sense? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
W Actual examples of FMEA (DFMEA, PFMEA) for Car Assembly Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
T How much actual documentation is required on Shop Traveler and Documentation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S Trying to find the actual ISO 17025:2005 standard requirements ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
A Internal Thread Inspection reference - Actual data vs. Thread Gage Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
P Plug Gage Calibration Report does not include actual data - ISO 9001:2000 section 7.6 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
C Reporting As Found data - Actual before values or test points necessary? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
C Test records shall show actual test results data - 8.2.4.1 Inspection documentation AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
P Analysis of actual and potential field failures - Clarification on clause 5.6.2.1 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
F Nonconformance dilemma - "Actual" nonconformance vs. "Indicated" nonconformance Nonconformance and Corrective Action 19
J What are the actual requirements for QSB? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
A Experimental research vs. Actual design of product - ISO 9001 Clause 7.3 Design and Development of Products and Processes 9
L Revision of procedure - Can't update the procedure before the actual process change Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
R Altering the Actual Date of the Management Review Meeting Minutes Management Review Meetings and related Processes 69
R GM Layered Process Audit - Seeking the actual General Motors requirements Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 36
C Electronic Nonconformance and CAR signatures - Are actual signatures required? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
D Micrometer Calibration - Seeking actual Calibration Procedure for 0-1" Micrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 19
C Turtle Diagrams - Seeking Examples with actual processes such as Contract Review Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 6
D TS 16949 5.6.2.1 - Input to Management Review shall include an analysis of actual... Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
Douglas E. Purdy Inspection & Test System - Evidence of conformity but no actual measurements Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6