Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Additional Attachments Browser for Registered Users Now Online

Here I am with a loaf of bread under each arm and crying because I have no butter.

I wonder if we have a search function within the attachments to help us find topics or subjects or if we may use the search function within the Elsmar Forums and can include "attachments" as a discrete (separate) option within which to search, in the same manner we can select individual forums.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
This 'new' hack lets you do all sorts of searches. Did you notice near the top on the right where it says "Toggle Search and Sorting"? Click it. I just grabbed it as I got an e-mail about it and it was a one file wonder so I uploaded it. It needs tailoring. The Search Box should (my opinion and I can change it when I get time) be open by default.

This is a bit weird as you 'search' by filtering.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Like I said, it was a 'One File Wonder'. Upload one file and it will work. That says a lot. I've been too busy to mess with even moving threads the last 2 days, but I got the e-mail, downloaded the file and tried it and I was impressed. This weekend I'll try to take a look at it closely and find out what tailoring options I have and such.

The author of the 'new' attachments listing 'hack' just suggested that the other guy who made the 'current' attachments listing 'hack' get together and combine the two. We'll see what happens there... See:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=542107#post542107

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Before I saw this post I posted to someone how to use the old attachments list to find files on supplier audits.
The search facility is so much better but.
when I entered supplier I got nothing when I entered *supplier* I got them all.
Normally searches would not have needed the wild cards.
I think that this should be explained otherwise people may miss this.

Top Bottom