Additional Attachments Browser for Registered Users Now Online

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Greg B said:
I agree with Claes. I prefer the new one
I'll get a chance after tomorrow to take a closer look at it and how to format it and get it online. I like the options better myself.

For now, bookmark the URL - http://Elsmar.com/Forums/fileslist.php . The php file being called isn't going away.

Remember, the 'Toggle Search and Sorting' toggle is normally closed so you have to open it to see the search options.

G

Greg B

Marc,

The new attachment page is excellent. I did not know how to use the Filtering properly

User Name:
User ID:
Forum ID:

so I found the first article by me and clicked on the 'filtering' tag, underneath my name, and up popped ALL of the attachments I have submitted. Very Cool. I can now see my User ID Number in the filtering box.

Marc

Leader
I haven't played with it much - been busy. But leave out what you don't want. Searches would be by 'File name'.

Actually each has its benefits. The current file listing let's you basically 'search' by file type. So you get a big list, scroll and choose what you want.

The 'New Search' allows you to narrow your search.

Marc

Leader
The Elsmar Cove Forums - EVOP All The Time!

This Attachments Search page is now accessable in the 'Search' dropdown menu that is in the 'navbar' which is on every page near the top. It is labeled 'Search Attachments' (bottom of the list).

I still have some stuff to do to it but it's usable.

Remember - Right now the 'Default' when the page first loads is for the Search box in that page to be collapsed. Soon I plan to have it 'Open' by default. I have to look at that page code. So - There are now technically 2 Attachments list/searchs. Note that the one in the navbar is limited to forums Registered Users have download privilages for where the 'old' one lists all attachments but when you try to download an attachment from a forum you don't have access to you get the 'So Sorry' message screen.

So - In part what this means is that:

1. Unregistered Visitors cannot use this Attachments Search function, and
2. If you are a Registered User, but not a Contributor, a search will not find any attachments in the Contributor's forum.

More to come.

The Elsmar Cove Forums - EVOP All The Time!

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Claes Gefvenberg said:
I'll say it is :agree1: Thank's Marc.

/Claes

It has already saved me a lot of time and it has made pointing to attachments in posts easier, and thus I am more likely to do it.
:bighug:

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Marc:

The attachment browser is great.

I did find something unusual.

If you look at the screen shot of the serch attached, it indicates that the 2nd (donkey_cart_upended.jpg) and 3rd (procedure_template.doc)items in the list were attached 12 and 13 hours ago respectively. When I went to the posts, it turned out they were attached in March 2002 & March 2004.

*** DEAD SCRIPT REMOVED ***

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 202

Marc

Leader
Yes - That is true. But that is because of me. Now and again when I find someone has attached a file with an ambiguous name I change the name of the attachment. So far I have not found a way to 'fool' the database with regard to the date - I literally have to download the attachment, edit the post it is in and delete the original attachment and upload the same file with the changed name to that post.

For example not long ago I was looking at some attachments and one was named 'document.doc'. I renamed it (it was a form or something - I forget off hand) so if someone was trying to find a file with xxxx in its name it would come up.

This hopefully will also serve as a reminder to those reading this that the File Name of whatever you attach should be thought about and relevant - Just as should the Title of any thread you start.

Top Bottom