Advertising as MDEL (Medical Device Establishment Licensed)

K

Kymmie

We were granted our MDEL license (YAY!). Now I am wondering about letting our potential client base know that. I can't seem to find any "rules" about how we are allowed to advertise. Does anyone know if we can put a Health Canada flag on our webpage and state that we are MDEL licensed? Thanks in advance!:agree1:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
K

Kymmie

Well of course! :D It would be nice to advertise it on the webpage though to catch those folks wandering by that we haven't talked to yet. LOL.

M

MIREGMGR

I'm not aware that Health Canada has any specific rules regarding marketing communications in relation to an MDEL or MDL that you validly hold, as long as you don't communicate something blatantly false.

Y

yana prus

Does anyone know if we can put a Health Canada flag on our webpage and state that we are MDEL licensed?
Hi Kymmie,

Guidance Document GD207: Guidance on the Content of ISO 13485 Quality Management System Certificates Issued by Health Canada Recognized Registrars
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/md-im/qualsys/cmdcas_scecim_accep_cert13485_gd207-eng.php
states that "Registrars and Manufacturers shall not use any logos or symbols associated with the Canadian Federal Identity Program on their certificates (or other documentation)". I would suggest consulting Quality Systems Section @ Medical Devices Bureau regarding putting Health Canada flag on your website to ensure you don't violate any of Health Canada regulations. They can be contacted at:

Phone: (613) 952-8250
Fax: (613) 946-6758
E-mail: [email protected]

Good Luck,
Yana

M

MIREGMGR

Note however in regard to GD207 that its scope is specifically limited to CMDCAS certificates. GD207 makes no mention of websites, and no mention of MDEL licenses.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Advertising and promotion of device under investigation China Medical Device Regulations 1
M Advertising medical devices in the U.S - Advertising regulations or guidance documents Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
N Medical Device claims that I make in my promotional/advertising materials Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 9
M Informational TGA – Advertising health products: Rules about safety claims in advertising Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T Control of Promotional/Advertising Materials Other US Medical Device Regulations 11
Ajit Basrur Credit Suisse - Advertising Client Campaign Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
K Process List for Advertising, Promotion & Brand Mgt Department of a Telecom Company Service Industry Specific Topics 2
A FDA - Labeling and Advertising Regulations Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
C New decree in France: Authorization required prior advertising Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 1
T ISO 9001 for Advertising and Marketing Agencies ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T Thompson FDA Advertising and Promotion Manual Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
Ajit Basrur FDA issues Warning Letters for misleading advertising of Lap-Band US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
J Advertising a Medical Device before 510K Submission US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
C Received 510K Market Approval - Use in Advertising US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
W What can/cannot be placed on packaging/advertising relating to ISO/TS? Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
Q Advertising Brochures and Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
W Labels, labeling, and advertising components for medical devices? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Jim Wynne Vintage TV Cigarette Advertising Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Le Chiffre Using the phrase "Approved by FDA" in Marketing and Advertising Material US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 19
T Advertising a Class II Medical Device pending 510(k) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
B Reporting 24/7/365 Reliability Data - MTBF Data for Customer Advertising Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
E Advertising ISO 9001 Certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
ScottK weatherchannel.com advertising has crossed the line... After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
T Advertising your QMS registration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
Hershal Star Trek 2.0 that the cable channel Q4 is advertising Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
I Songs Used in Advertising That Are Just Plain Wrong!! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 19
G Labeling and advertising - Advertising claims made by Distributors - Medical devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
M Advertising - Trucks with ISO9002, TS16949, ISO14001, & QS9000 written on them IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
T QS9000 and use in packaging/advertising QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 7
P How to go from MDEL to MDL Canada Medical Device Regulations 4
V MDL/MDEL private label process Canada Medical Device Regulations 8
R MDEL Process Canada Medical Device Regulations 4
R MDEL and company affiliate Canada Medical Device Regulations 5
gunnyshore Adding a new facility - do I need to submit an amendment to the MDL or MDEL, or both? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
M Who needs a MDEL? How to buy and sell medical devices on my own Canada Medical Device Regulations 14
R Who needs a MDEL (Medical Device Establishment License)? Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
F Can an individual apply for an MDEL in Canada, as an establishment? Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
D How will the new MDSAP requirements affect the MDEL? Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
S MDEL question - Device Establishment Licence Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
M Medical Device Distribution in Canada - Do we need both MDEL and MDL? Canada Medical Device Regulations 14
P Who needs a Medical Devices Establishment License (MDEL)? Canada Medical Device Regulations 8
2 Canada MDEL Auditor vs. Medical Devices Bureau Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
K MDL vs. MDEL Health Canada Registration Canada Medical Device Regulations 15
S Local (country) registration of medical devices - Who does it in best case? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
P Medical device testing lab/service standard Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
G Labeling requirements for REFURBISHED medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 0
L Selling medical devices from USA in EU markets CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
K Medical Device file and "Component" Manufacturers? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 5
rob3027 ISO 13485 justification for design and development exclusion for medical packaging ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 18
A Class 2b medical device - best pathway to obtain CE mark? (2022, MDR 2017/745) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2