SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Advice for Career Change - Energy or Customer service ?

P

Popeos

Hi guys

I am currently preparing for a job change. I have a 10 year expertise in automotive supplier quality assurance, and I consider moving to another field to learn new things / see different stuff.

I am facing 3 options :

Energy manager : save energy in processes / plants.

Customer Relationship. (manage final customer complaints and related tools)

Logistics Quality. (service rate, MMOG/LE).

Constraints I have in mind :
- keep or increase my market value
- move to areas with a brighter future.

What would be your advice ? which field would you preferably consider and why ?

thanks for your advice

Popeos

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Advice for career change - Energy or Customer service ?

Personally I would avoid the Customer Relationship area, I would avoid it as I personally don't like people.

The Logistics Quality sounds interesting but I think the Energy manager would be the choice (of the three) I would go with as I believe it is a newer field so has more growth/learning potential.

The above is just my opinion.

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Anything involving energy and water. Less hassel, secure future, and the good feeling you get when you know you have made a positive impact for future generations.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Advice on ASQ certifications to strengthen my resume and continue in QA for my career Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
J Career Planning Advice wanted Career and Occupation Discussions 8
M No Experience - Needing Some Advice To Start Career In Quality Career and Occupation Discussions 7
1 Career Advice - What someone with my qualifications can shoot for Career and Occupation Discussions 7
R Career advice for would-be Quality Managers Career and Occupation Discussions 12
H Looking for Career Path Advice Career and Occupation Discussions 8
S Student needs advice on his career in the field of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Career and Occupation Discussions 14
S Need career advice! Where can I find affordable training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
H Looking for Career Advice - My title is Quality Analyst - Where from here? Career and Occupation Discussions 1
L Environmental Management (M.Sc degree) Career advice needed: Auditor Career and Occupation Discussions 6
D Question and advice for a supplier self audit questionnaire ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
F Need Quality Manager advice. Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
W 17025 and NIST handbook relationship (need advice) ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
W First time being audited (ISO 9001), asking for advice ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
S Advice on how to reduce overhead of handling non-conforming material Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
K Interesting Discussion "World Class Product" based QM. I need advice. Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
P IDEs and Clinical Investigators - Advice About Records? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
M Experience and advice with certifications categories Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
S Need advice for schooling Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
M Advice needed for SEH Compliance Software and ISNETWord Compatabiliy Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
R Advice needed: Shall I report my not complying company to NB / competent Authority (Europe) EU Medical Device Regulations 6
D Advice on capturing electronic signatures ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
E 13485:2016, Sections 4.1.6, 7.5.6 and 7.6 - Validation of Software - Need some Advice please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Clinical Development Plan - Advice Requested EU Medical Device Regulations 11
S HIPAA-compliant monitoring software (advice needed) Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 1
N Looking to Impress - New Job - Advice, Thoughts, Comments Welcome Career and Occupation Discussions 23
J Masters Degree - Advice about a decision I"m going to be making Career and Occupation Discussions 9
S California Cleaning Product Right to Know Act - Product Label advice needed Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
M Seeking advice regarding use of off-the-shelf (OTS) batteries Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
S Selling Clinical Practice Advice Other US Medical Device Regulations 7
R Plea for advice on transitioning between Notified Bodies (label updates) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
T Advice needed - Environmental MS - unwritten but customer requests policy document ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
M Process Creation Advice Needed Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
classical_quality AS9100 Surveillance Audit - advice on drafting strong responses AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
A Single use non-sterile syringe used in the oral cavity - Laboratory test advice US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
O ISO 9001 new certification advice request - Develop a QMS from scratch ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
D ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Training Advice Internal Auditing 10
kmrcial Any advice for a young quality professional in the aerospace industry? Career and Occupation Discussions 10
R Pls help --- Need expert advice on Video Measurement Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 0
C Advice on becoming a AS9100 Auditor - Need to audit organizations that are Design Responsible AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
R Customer supplied material - risk and policy advice needed Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 11
D FDA Pre-Submission Meeting Advice US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
qualprod Effective Auditing advice needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
T Unique Device Identifier Advice Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
M Medical Device News Health Canada Update - 05-09-18 - Pilot Device Advice Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
D AS9100 Document Management (Advice Needed) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
T Establishing -F- datum - need advice Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
C First Aid Kit Compliance advice - Registered assembler with the MHRA EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A Looking to certify to ISO 9001 - Any advice? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Q Advice on selecting an ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Certification Course ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22