Advice needed for ISO 9001:2000 update to 2008

B

blue moon

Dear Friends

really i implement a system for ISO 9001:2008 based on old procedure for ISO 9001:2000

and really i am not take care for some changes like

For quality manual

Objective of QM are
a.To define the scope of Quality Management System including details of and justification for any exclusion.

b.To establish documented procedures for the Quality Management System or reference to them.

c.To define interaction between the processes of the Quality Management System.

where in ISO 9001:2008
define interaction between the processes is changed to determine interaction between

already i make a flow chart to describe the intection but i still using words define instead of determine

is it a problem for me can raise non conformity or observation ? because we have no time to change, can we go for the final audit as it is ?

=====================================================

also if we didn't have outsources process must i mention this at the QM ? or no need ?

attached file for QM if you can revise it with me if i go a good

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: Advise needed for ISO 9001:2000 update to 2008

I think that the easiest thing you can do is go to the bottom of this thread and look at some of the past discussions we have had on this subject. Or try a search for more discussions. There is a wealth of information there, but the basic answer is that there really were no significant changes. Most were minor wording changes that don't do much to affect the intent of the standard.

B

blue moon

Thanks Mr.

Already I read it but I was hoping to get OK from our members.

Another question:

We didn't have any outsourced processes and in old QM we didn't refer to any thing about outsourced process and how we control it because we didn't have any outsourced process.

Is it right ? Or must I explain?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator

thanks Mr.

already i read it but i was hopping to get ok from our members

another question
we didn't have any outsourced processes and in old QM we didn't refere to any thing about outsourced process and how we control it becuase we didn't have any outsources process

is it right ? or i must explain

thanks
The standard at 4.1 says : " Where an organization chooses to outsource any process .... "
So if you do NOT outsource you are OK. You do not need to say in the Quality manual that you do not outsource anything.
But make sure by a good process review that indeed no process is being outsourced.

S

samsung

thanks Mr.

already i read it but i was hopping to get ok from our members

another question
we didn't have any outsourced processes and in old QM we didn't refere to any thing about outsourced process and how we control it becuase we didn't have any outsources process

is it right ? or i must explain

thanks
IMO, if you don't outsource any process "that affects product conformity to requirements...." you don't need to explain it.

Revisit your system, check with the definition and explanation given in the standard and make sure that your assumption is absolutely OK. There are certain activities which are generally outsourced but go unnoticed when it comes to addressing them within the QMS, e.g. printing/ labeling of packaging material, fabrication work, transportation/ distribution of products, Training, Consultation etc. etc.

Make sure that all such activities are done internally without any external support.

B

blue moon

thanks friends

are calibration and training always treated as outsourced or may be consider them as buy a services and then it will be services purchased " 7.4 purchasing " ?

B

blue moon

and please if you can revise the manual for me

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin

<snip> ...also if we didn't have outsources process must i mention this at the QM ? or no need ? <snip>
In the 'old' ISO 9001:1994 days it was expected if not specifically required by verbiage in the standard that the company address every clause in the standard *somewhere* in their QMS documentation (not necessarily in the quality manual its self). If someone knows where it was specifically written, or if I am off track here, please correct me, but I went through years of "Show me where you at least say you do *not* do outsourcing or statistical techniques". One 'stock' statement back in those days was something like "We currently do not outsource any of our processes, but in the future should we do so we shall establish appropriate controls and amend this document".

Since the 2000 version came online the issue of at least addressing clauses or parts of clauses in the standard that you do *not* do went away (once the older auditors were brought up to speed). That was an aspect of the old 1994 (and 1987) times that I thought was pretty stupid. Luckily it has gone away.

Statistical techniques used to be a sticking point in the same way. I worked with a number of small companies back then that were so small, and their processes so simple, that 'statistical techniques' wasn't something they did. Many didn't even have a computer in the early days. Part of the problem was in defining what statistical techniques were. These days even small companies use one or more types of statistical technique(s) (often just spreadsheet analysis of different aspects of the business) so that issue went away.

B

blue moon

thanks for all really i thank you very much

but i have small question becuase you have more experinece than me in audit

i make the objective of competences procedure
1.To determine the necessary competence of personnel performing work affecting product quality.

Personnel performing work affecting conformity to product quality requirements shall be competent on the basis of appropriate education, training, skills and experience.

where i use product quality not conformity to product requirement.

is this may lead the auditor to give NCR becuase i use some words from ISO 9001;2000 not ISO 9001:2008

and if the competence procedure was mandatory? it will be different ?

thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F ISO 9001 Implementation Advice for Multiple Locations needed! ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
B Advice needed on obtaining ISO 9001:2008 for small structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
A Final ISO 9001 Audit - What questions will they ask - Help and advice needed General Auditing Discussions 11
T Audit Schedule Advice Needed - To cover all ISO 9001 requirements General Auditing Discussions 4
T Personal advice needed on ISO 9001 Quality System and Management ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
S California Cleaning Product Right to Know Act - Product Label advice needed Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
T Advice needed - Environmental MS - unwritten but customer requests policy document ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
M Process Creation Advice Needed Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
R Customer supplied material - risk and policy advice needed Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 11
Q Effective Auditing advice needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
D AS9100 Document Management (Advice Needed) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
S Nadcap HT Auditor Advisory 17-003 Advice needed AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
K Advice needed on Software Lifecycle Management. IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 7
E Destructive Pull Test Gage R&R advice needed Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
I Advice Needed For EASA Approved Aircraft Mod EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 1
D PCBA Lab Temperature & Humidity Requirements - Advice needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M Drilling Close Tolerance Holes - Advice needed on Sampling Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
Y Improvement Projects and Quality Plan (Examples and Advice needed) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
N MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) Management Services - Advice needed Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
R Steel Casting Defects (Cold Shut) - Expert Advice needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 16
G Auditing a Supplier in another country - What should I do - advice needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
R Heavy duty rust protection advice needed! Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
D Major Advice Needed for Newbie Taking over a System in Shambles ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
B Laboratory Vertical Audit advice and information needed General Auditing Discussions 1
M Ford Run at Rates - Correct Form and Advice needed. Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
V Integrated Management System Audits Schedule - Advice and Example needed. General Auditing Discussions 10
C Tri-annual in 2008, auditor changing and thinking of changing CB - advice needed. Registrars and Notified Bodies 10
O Work Order Form for Offset Printing Services advice needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
R Advice for Exclusions for Construction Company needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
S Becoming a Lead Auditor - Advice Needed Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
L Environmental Management (M.Sc degree) Career advice needed: Auditor Career and Occupation Discussions 6
R Internal audit help and advice needed Internal Auditing 4
J Masters Degree - Advice about a decision I"m going to be making Career and Occupation Discussions 7
M Seeking advice regarding use of off-the-shelf (OTS) batteries Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
S Selling Clinical Practice Advice Other US Medical Device Regulations 7
R Plea for advice on transitioning between Notified Bodies (label updates) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
classical_quality AS9100 Surveillance Audit - advice on drafting strong responses AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
A Single use non-sterile syringe used in the oral cavity - Laboratory test advice US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
O ISO 9001 new certification advice request - Develop a QMS from scratch ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
D ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit Training Advice Internal Auditing 10
kmrcial Any advice for a young quality professional in the aerospace industry? Career and Occupation Discussions 10
R Pls help --- Need expert advice on Video Measurement Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 0
C Advice on becoming a AS9100 Auditor - Need to audit organizations that are Design Responsible AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 12
D FDA Pre-Submission Meeting Advice US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
T Unique Device Identifier Advice Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
M Medical Device News Health Canada Update - 05-09-18 - Pilot Device Advice Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
T Establishing -F- datum - need advice Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
C First Aid Kit Compliance advice - Registered assembler with the MHRA EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A Looking to certify to ISO 9001 - Any advice? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
QSM_Rick Advice on selecting an ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Certification Course ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22