AEA (Aerospace Experience Auditor) Challenges - Finding availability of AEA for witness

Just found out Probitas and appeal committee will not accept my application as an AEA (I am an AA) as a company I worked for in the past 10 years has been rejected as an aerospace prime. I have tried other routes (witnessed audits) but have had no luck finding availability of AEA for witness
any suggestions?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Just found out Probitas and appeal committee will not accept my application as an AEA (I am an AA) as a company I worked for in the past 10 years has been rejected as an aerospace prime.
That is incorrect. There is NO REQUIREMENT for the 10 years working experience to be in an "aerospace prime". The requirement is that the 10 years work experience to be in an aerospace/space/defense QMS position, irrespective of the tier for the organization.

As for the AEA witnessed audit route, you have to engage with a CB. Only their audits will be recognized.

Hi Sidney, I wish your statement could be used, the company I worked for 10 years ago dealt with (3) main industries
Industrial, Automotive and Aerospace (Customers such as Raytheon, Honeywell, L3) I consider this company an auxiliary equipment supplier (all owned designs) cable harnesses, circuit boards, stamping, and electrical interconnects

I have (1) last appeal can try but not sure I have a chance. I have >20 total years in Aerospace and find it shocking that this was outcome

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Hi Sidney, I wish your statement could be used, the company I worked for 10 years ago dealt with (3) main industries
Industrial, Automotive and Aerospace (Customers such as Raytheon, Honeywell, L3) I consider this company an auxiliary equipment supplier (all owned designs) cable harnesses, circuit boards, stamping, and electrical interconnects
Please note that what I stated is based on the requirements of AS9104-3. The requirements can be perused in the Probitas AQMS Auditor application guidance document. The requirement reads:

AEA.JPG
Still, according to the document, it reads: "...Four years full time in the aerospace industry directly involved in Engineering, Design, Manufacturing, Quality or Process Control for a major airframe manufacturer, prime supplier, auxiliary equipment supplier and/or appropriate official civil, military or space organization, such as National Aviation Authorities (NAA), European Space Agency (ESA)/NASA, Ministry of Defense (MoD) ..."
In my experience, the people who review the application but are unfamiliar with the company where one claims aerospace experience, look at the supplier website. If the website does not show robust "ASD lineage", they reject the application.

Good luck.

Top Bottom