Aeronautical regulations JAR145, JAR21G - Aircraft ground handling

• Thread starter Dumisani Zikhali
  • Start date
D

Dumisani Zikhali

I am a highly experienced Quality Practitioner and in possession of a strong background in the implementation of ISO 9000. I am also knowledgeable of ISO/TS 16949.

I have just moved to the aviation industry to implement ISO 9001 with a company involved with aircraft ground handling. Please assist with info regarding aeronautical regulations JAR145, JAR21G. I am particularly require info on JAR21G as I managed to get some sketchy info on JAR145.

Dumisani :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy

Super Moderator
This may not be the place to get that answer pardner. Why don't you try asking the organization that wrote the regulation?

AS9100B is a QMS specification that addresses regulations as an aspect of a management system and doesn't address any specific regulation.

Have you tried doing an internet search?

D

Dumisani Zikhali

Randy

I know for fact that this forum addresses needs of AS9100 QMS specification, I have run out of options as to where I can get some detailed info on JAR21G regulation.I have tried searching the internet but I am not making any meaningful headway.

Given that I am new in the aviation industry, it is best that I equip myself with all related info so as to become a total allrounder. Any form of assistance will be appreciated.

Dumisani

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Dumisani Zikhali said:
I am a highly experienced Quality Practitioner and in possession of a strong background in the implementation of ISO 9000. I am also knowledgeable of ISO/TS 16949.

I have just moved to the aviation industry to implement ISO 9001 with a company involved with aircraft ground handling. Please assist with info regarding aeronautical regulations JAR145, JAR21G. I am particularly require info on JAR21G as I managed to get some sketchy info on JAR145.

Dumisani :eek:
Hi Dumisani and welcome to the Cove.

This is the place to get all kinds of information.

I was in the aviation industry for 10 years and am familiar with the US FARs especially FAR 21 and FAR 145. The JARs are the European Joint Aviation Authority equivalents to the US FARs. They even used a similar numbering scheme. We were a manufacturer of aircraft parts built under FAR 21 and operated a FAR 145 Repair station with an additional approval to JAR 145. The JAA has implemented a new scheme under The European Aviation Safety Authority (EASA). I believe the requirements probably remain the same and I'm fairly good at interpreting the regulations. Although I am no longer in the aviation industry, l will be glad to help you as much as I can. Follow the links I Provided, post your specific questions here for now and we can see where we will go.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Excellent, Al. I'm surprised you kept up. These are great references to start our guy off. There are a number of folks who visit the Cove who are involved in aviation. I think we can be a great help to Dumisani Zikhali.

It's important to note JAA and FAA have been very cooperative over time in streamlining their regulations to mesh so manufacturers can pretty much assure compliance with one if they are compliant with the other.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Wes Bucey said:
Excellent, Al. I'm surprised you kept up. These are great references to start our guy off. There are a number of folks who visit the Cove who are involved in aviation. I think we can be a great help to Dumisani Zikhali.

It's important to note JAA and FAA have been very cooperative over time in streamlining their regulations to mesh so manufacturers can pretty much assure compliance with one if they are compliant with the other.
And you thought, I was just another pretty face. laughbounce.gif

Randy

Super Moderator
Dumisani Zikhali said:
Randy

I know for fact that this forum addresses needs of AS9100 QMS specification, I have run out of options as to where I can get some detailed info on JAR21G regulation.I have tried searching the internet but I am not making any meaningful headway.

Given that I am new in the aviation industry, it is best that I equip myself with all related info so as to become a total allrounder. Any form of assistance will be appreciated.

Dumisani

Based upon your statements above I may be safe in saying that you apparently are a newbie to aviation and a total novice in aviation quality. I challenge you to show me where AS9100 mentions what you were originally asking about because I can't find it.

I on the other hand have about 25 years of aviation background of one type or another, have extensive QA/QC in aviation maintenance (to include tons of ground handling experience) and possess an A&P license through the US FAA, and I can't figure out what your rub is.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Randy said:
Based upon your statements above I may be safe in saying that you apparently are a newbie to aviation and a total novice in aviation quality. I challenge you to show me where AS9100 mentions what you were originally asking about because I can't find it.

I on the other hand have about 25 years of aviation background of one type or another, have extensive QA/QC in aviation maintenance (to include tons of ground handling experience) and possess an A&P license through the US FAA, and I can't figure out what your rub is.
Randy, Dumasani stated he was a newbie to aviation. And, you're right, AS 9100 doesen't address Dumisani's subject, but where would you suggest he go for information, if not here? If the subject of his thread is in the wrong forum, what forum would you suggest? I think we can address this in a constructive manner to help someone who may not know his way around a subject as well as we do. I think that's the purpose of these forum's. Don't you agree?

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
So we all have a calmer frame of mind as we get into the shank of the weekend - AS9100 (any version) is primarily concerned with manufacturing practices of either whole aircraft or parts.

FAA, JAA, and now the new umbrella organization (agency?), The European Aviation Safety Authority (EASA), are concerned with manufacturing AND with flight operations, including what happens on the ground.

It DOES seem natural, even to a persnickety old guy like me, that you might turn to guys who know about one aspect of aviation (AS9100) to be able to provide some insight into the other aspects, especially since there are not a lot of other active discussion groups about the topic which pop up on a google search.

Try (at google)
  • jaa +"ground operations"
  • jar +"ground operations"
  • jar +"ground operations" +discussion
  • jaa +"ground operations" +discussion
We may still be the best game around.

Tell us PRECISELY what your organization does. "Involved" is not specific enough for me to help you. If you have a question about the specific regulations, cite the word, clause, sentence, or paragraph which confuses you and ask the question as completely as you can.

First: Do you have copies of these JAR regulations? If not, do you know where to get them or do we have to help you do that?

As I can tell from Randy's response, the lack of information in your original request can be irritating to some readers who rankle at being asked to read your mind.

Randy

Super Moderator
I'm not rankled, but his expertness in quality should know that a quality standard doesn't address ground handling of aircraft!

Al, who is a bit more kind and than I was correct in where the information could be obtained. I have always been told the best place to find out about something was at its source. I did a Google for JAR 145 and got over 4000 hits like this one

JARs Section 1
... JAR-66, Certifying Staff Maintenance. JAR-145, Approved Maintenance Organisations.
JAR-147, Approved Maintenance Training/Examinations. JAR-APU, Auxiliary Power ...
http://www.jaa.nl/section1/jarsec1.html - 22k - Feb 4, 2005 - similar pages - add to favorites

Gotta be something in those 4000+ places.

Why not ask somebody in the company you work for?

Top Bottom