QMS for Life Sciences
Elsmar Cove Forum Sponsor

Aerospace Improvement Maturity Model (AIMM)

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
I noticed on the IAQG website today that they are in the process of developing an Aerospace Improvement Maturity Model (AIMM). It looks like Buddy Cressionnie is somehow involved, as it seems that he posted the news. Does anyone know anything more about this than is posted here?

Going Beyond 9100 Compliance – IAQG

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Sounds a lot like the Annex A of ISO 9004:2018 with an "aerospace augmentation". As the OASIS fees keep making the IAQG millions of dollars, I am sure they have to find ways to disburse some of the income towards some friends consulting companies and other stakeholders.

Annotation 2020-01-09 120854.jpg

Last edited:

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
You may be right. To me the short blurb posted sounds like a CMMI knock off. 5 maturity levels and all. The organization I'm at now has both AS9100 and CMMI Level 3. I'm wondering if this would simplify and consolidate efforts, as CMMI is a standalone has no direct ties to 9100.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is interesting. I've read about CMMI, and we're in the process of preparing for the CMMC audit this year for cyberspace security.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
You may be ARE right. .
There; I fixed it for you....:D.

The new blurb, available @ AIMM – IAQG reads:
The model comprises 26 modules to be released in four batches, with completion planned in Spring 2021. The 9100 Series Team is glad to announce that the first batch will be released soon, and it will be possible to download it freely from this page.
In the ISO 9004:2018 Annex A, they have 32 modules tables....

Top Bottom