Aerospace Materials Handling Training

W

Walton One

We are experiencing a few problems with ?damage? (dinks and scratches) appearing on customer components before/during/after chemical processing. Does anybody have a training presentation for Aerospace materials handling I could present to the workforce?

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
We are experiencing a few problems with ?damage? (dinks and scratches) appearing on customer components before/during/after chemical processing. Does anybody have a training presentation for Aerospace materials handling I could present to the workforce?

Walton One,

Did you engage those associated with the dinks and scratches and find out how the system let them down?

Will more training remove the root causes? Or better handling equipment or better handling arrangements?

John

W

Walton One

Hello John,

Thanks for the reply. The training presentation is only part of the corrective actions we are implementing following an Investigation by our Quality team. We are also introducing better hardware for use during processing (Jigs, fixtures and baskets) and better goods inward inspection and material handling procedures.

The training will be used in conjunction with the above changes. As a Nadcap/AS9100 registered company we are introducing it as part of our continual improvement systems and KPI's and objectives will be monitored throughout the process.

W

Walton One

Thanks John,

I was hoping someone may have a basic training presentation for me to personalise to our company's requirement to save me "re-inventing the wheel".

W

Walton One

Hello John,

I work in Walton on Thames (London) but I live in Cornwall (235 miles) and you are right, it is a lovely part of the world. I moved to Cornwall 12 years ago and could not live anywhere else now. It means a long commute but it is worth every mile!

I

ISAN16

The training of handling material shall be same for other normal part. I think you suppose to investigate what to cause the problem. Is it incoming material issue? packaging issue? racking issue ? Stacking without layered ? Try to mininism the transition of the part btw the plant will help.

W

Walton One

Thanks for the reply ISAN16, we have already investigated the problem and identified possible root causes, the training is required to ensure complete implementation of corrective actions.

Top Bottom