Aerospace Registrar Problems - Starting Over?

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
No, not really. Registrars are a special category of service providers impervious to the expectations of the business world....
57784d1316729464-cam-newton-superfractor-flip-sarcasm-1-.gif

Many registrars sell certificates. For them, the caliber of the people they employ is irrelevant. Some of us provide confidence, instead. Draw your own conclusions.
Sadly, as in the world of consultants, the good ones are constrained by professional ethics from bad mouthing [outing] the ones who stink - meanwhile, the crooks and charlatans continue to fleece the naive and gullible sheep, who then blame the entire universe of registrars or consultants for their troubles.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I contacted the account representative and she seemed very concerned, stated that she would get back to me and never did. I understand the wait will be significant, and since our cert would have expired June 1st, we're willing to fire the current auditors and go with another. In the meantime though, (I'm thinking around 6 mo) we'll just continue on and strive for beyond compliance until we're "certified".

I've been on both sides of the fence for roughly 30 years (wow.) and I've never seen or experienced anything even remotely like this.

December 5th to June 5th? Really?

Pushing for a conf call today with the Top Management of both companies.
We'll see.

Oldrice-
If you get the opportunity to overhear the conversation if and when it takes place, I, for one, would be VERY interested in a synopsis. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of excuse the registrar would try to float.

If I were one of your bosses, any explanation would have to be accompanied by an offer of serious cash rebate to avoid suit for breach of contract (return of ALL fees plus costs and damages!) Winning the suit, of course, would be a Pyrrhic victory, because of the time lost and the pure aggravation of starting over.

Worse, the registrar corporation, itself, may be so burdened by debt that it is judgment proof. (A situation to be explored before filing suit.)

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
I contacted the account representative and she seemed very concerned, stated that she would get back to me and never did. I understand the wait will be significant, and since our cert would have expired June 1st, we're willing to fire the current auditors and go with another. In the meantime though, (I'm thinking around 6 mo) we'll just continue on and strive for beyond compliance until we're "certified".

I've been on both sides of the fence for roughly 30 years (wow.) and I've never seen or experienced anything even remotely like this.

December 5th to June 5th? Really?

Pushing for a conf call today with the Top Management of both companies.
We'll see.

Oldrice-

http://www.anab.org/feedback/complaints.aspx

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
<SNIP>
Worse, the registrar corporation, itself, may be so burdened by debt that it is judgment proof. (A situation to be explored before filing suit.)
I've had a couple of private messages asking what I meant by this.

There is a disturbing series of recent events where even major law firms have overburdened themselves with debt (lots of reasons) and had insufficient income to service the debt, THEN had some lawsuits alleging "malfeasance, misfeasance, and incompetence" which they were unable to raise enough funds to settle and so chose to go bankrupt, instead, leaving the plaintiffs trying to collect from partners who also declared bankruptcy.

I understand why many service organizations, including registrars, try to collect all or a portion of the fee in advance. The main reason is the same one as prostitutes use: "the service always seems more valuable BEFORE it is rendered.";)

Top Bottom