After 8 PM..What's life like? (2004 - 2020)

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Varies from night to night...the gym is done in the morning, then work, so after work that leaves...

• Movies
  • Playing pool
  • Television
  • Providing a running commentary to the news broadcasts
  • Cuddled up on the couch
  • Late-night suppers by the glow of the fireplace
  • Art galleries
  • Wandering around downtown Toronto
  • Reading
  • Minor housework chores
  • Sleeping
  • Working
  • Hanging out in a pub

A

Aaron Lupo

After 8. That means I am home from the gym, dishes washed, laundry done, etc.. then I am working while watching TV- so sad football season is coming to an end. :( Taking care of our 3 dogs they are always looking for attention. Not much else to do in the winter in you don't like snow around here.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
ISO GUY said:
After 8. That means I am home from the gym, dishes washed, laundry done, etc.. then I am working while watching TV- so sad football season is coming to an end. :( Taking care of our 3 dogs they are always looking for attention. Not much else to do in the winter in you don't like snow around here.

My parents have a mutt (we think she's a Sheltie/Shepard cross) who just loves the snow! They live on 26 acres of trees with a huge pond and 2 streams to cross over before you reach the edge of the property. Walking in the woods is a daily occurence for them, but with winter, it does get a little tough. Skiis would be good except that for all of the sharps twists and turns on the path, so I'm thinking of getting them snowshoes. They're doing wonderful things with those nowadays...no more wood frames and gut strings! Lightweight aluminium frames and I've seen a variety of materials used to hold it all together.

Thankfully, there's also two local ski hills when I get the craving to stretch my legs and don't want to drive 2 hours north of Toronto. The locals aren't much...more like big speed bumps than mountains...but it gives me the chance to just get my ski legs back.

It's been too warm this winter for my parents pond to freeze over. :( But in the past it has, and a group of us go skating and then light a bonfire (on land, of course!) for hot dogs, baked taters, marshies, and s'mores.

They could probably do syrup in the spring, but having done that before...it's not worth the effort! I'll buy it...too much work is required to make it! :)

J

Jimmy Olson

After 8 I spend anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour trying to get my son into bed. :vfunny:

As to what I do, it tends to vary like everyone else. If it's a clear night I will usually set up the telescope and let my son take a look at things. If it's not clear then we usually play until he goes to bed. Then the wife and I get a little alone time to relax and try not to think about having to go back to work the next day.

M

mooser

After 8PM my mind is shot and anything that require brain power is out of the question. Given the weather in the northern allitudes, I like to sit and read a good entertaining fiction (Not too stimulating to keep me up any later than 10PM). The nights that I long for Spring fishing & gardening, I may get out a catolog to brouse and daydream. Of course with two children at home yet, my night may already be planned for me.

Mooser

E

energy

Richard Olson said:
If it's a clear night I will usually set up the telescope and let my son take a look at things.

My Brother-In-Law had a nice telescope and lived in the heart of a fairly large city. He used to let me look at things, too! :vfunny:

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
It's something different every night at our house. It depends on if it is one of the two nights a week the hubby works late (he's a mechanic, the dealership is open late on Mon & Thurs). Our daughter is in gymnastics and karate(sp?), our son is in karate also, and there's always homework. Some nights I'm just sitting down to dinner at 8pm. No wonder I can't seem to finish my degree. :rolleyes:

J

Jimmy Olson

energy said:
My Brother-In-Law had a nice telescope and lived in the heart of a fairly large city. He used to let me look at things, too! :vfunny:
Mine flips everything upside down, so it makes things more challenging to see :vfunny:

R

ralphsulser

Every evening after dinner my dog and I play "Excellent". This is where he selects his facorite toy du jour, bring it to me and I toss across the living room. he catches it, and I say "Excellent", and clap. he brings it to me anf jumps up on the ottoman to play tug of war. This goes on for a while, the he gets "Hot". He stops playing, looks at me and licks his lips. I then have to go to the kitchen and put some ice cubes in a bowl, take it back to the living room, and feed him ice cubes one by one which he loves to crunch up and chew. This has been going on now for about 4 years, he just loves doing this.
He is such a good, well behaved, and smart dog. My wife sometimes joins in to get her share of "Excellent" too He is a "Spitz' mix we rescued from the pound. Every night he sits on the couch by the front window and waits for me to drive in. So, thats my exciting evenings mostly. After that I usually read a couple chapters of some period US history.Then watch a little TV such as "Law & Order". :vfunny:

Top Bottom