Agenda for 8D audit on Supplier's side - Auditing Corrective Actions

Hello,

I would like to get advice from you, namely I have to perform 8D audit on Supplier's side. There were plenty of different issues recently and it must be checked if corrective actions are working / are really implemented. How do you prepare agenda for such audits? Is it 'normal' as for the whole process audit, starting from e.g. incoming inspection, manufacturing area, maintenance / laboratory or do you focus only on the affected production line? It probably depends on the problem also, but would like to know your initial opinion or get any advice how to prepare it.

Thank you in advance.

Marc

Retired Old Goat
Staff member
Admin
different issues recently and it must be checked if corrective actions are working / are really implemented
Your agenda would be the list of requested corrective actions. You would then simply follow the 8-D format items for each one. I would think your customer would have something like the attached form, but probably simpler.

Is it 'normal' as for the whole process audit, starting from e.g. incoming inspection, manufacturing area, maintenance / laboratory or do you focus only on the affected production line?
You look at anything/any area associated with the problem.

Attachments

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Looks like your audit would focus on nonconformance and CAPA that would essentially use the 8D methodology. I would suggest to cover all the related inputs and outputs in your audit schedule namely, review of related procedures to see if all inputs to 8D have been identified, based on total # of NC and CAPA, either sample or review all reports, training of personnel involved in 8D, and finally if those have been discussed in management. review

Thank you for the answers. What about Process Owners which I should put in agenda? If I do not know them, how should I proceed? Can I send agenda with 'empty places' with request to fulfill these section?

Top Bottom