Agents operating for a certification body / registrar

Paul Simpson

Trusted Information Resource
Hi, All. I have checked with Marc and he is OK with a general thread / question.

The certification body I do work for is interested in identifying potential agents to work with around the world. We would be interested in opening discussions with interested parties as follows:
  • The agent would be under contract to the certification body
  • Marketing of certification services would be carried out by both the agent and the CB
  • All processes are undertaken under the existing (UKAS) accreditation
  • All processes are carried out in accordance with the CB procedures
As you may guess this is a very short list as a thought starter. If anyone is interested perhaps you can start by sending me a PM.

As ever any comments, feedback willingly received. :bonk:

DannyK

Would there be any issues if the person was already working as a subcontract lead auditor to several registrars?

Paul Simpson

Hi, Danny. Thanks for your reply. The short answer is "probably." The role of an agent is very different from the contract auditor. You would be responsible in a territory for the sales and marketing of the CB services as well as for commercial aspects of the contract with the (joint) customer.

To do this you would have to be committed to this CB and any auditing for another body - while not prohibited - would be a drain on your time and energy.

Our current agents are companies with access to their own audit resources (both full time and contract).

I hope this helps to explain.

H

HSSE Auditor

Hi, Danny. Thanks for your reply. The short answer is "probably." The role of an agent is very different from the contract auditor. You would be responsible in a territory for the sales and marketing of the CB services as well as for commercial aspects of the contract with the (joint) customer.

To do this you would have to be committed to this CB and any auditing for another body - while not prohibited - would be a drain on your time and energy.

Our current agents are companies with access to their own audit resources (both full time and contract).

I hope this helps to explain.

Hey Paul, would this be what they call, a "double agent"? :cool:

Paul Simpson

Similar. The only real difference is there is an oversight of every transaction by the CB. So every application, assessment team and report is approved by the head office before it can proceed.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I just got a PM from someone asking whether there are still (7 years later as this is an old thread) opportunities to do this (agent). The person has not posted so they can not PM Paul (5 post minimum to keep spam PMs under control).

You can ask in this thread for Paul (or anyone else) to contact you by email - Just include your email address in your post or in your User Profile.

Thanks,

Marc

R

Rickey Patel

Dear Paul;

I reached this post while searching the net for the exact topic. We are interested in pursuing such opportunity. Please let me know if this option is still available. Please PM me or you can get my contact details through Marc.

Regards;
Rick

Top Bottom