AIAG PPAP 4th Edition - Has anyone heard what the change(s) will be?

S

Supercharged

:bigwave:

Hi All! Newbie here with a question. My company is Tier 1 to GMPT and I was told recently by a GM SQE the 4th Edition of PPAP would be released this year. I contacted AIAG and they said indeed it would be. Timeframe - either late May or early June. My question is - Has anyone heard what the change(s) will be?

:thanx:

D

D.Scott

Being sarcastic here - probably just enough change to require everybody to buy the new edition. It wouldn't surprise me if the only changes were to remove reference to QS.

Dave

S

Supercharged

D.Scott said:
Being sarcastic here - probably just enough change to require everybody to buy the new edition. It wouldn't surprise me if the only changes were to remove reference to QS.

Dave
D. Scott

Sarcasm understood. Wouldn't surprise me either.

I have heard rumblings the Warrant was changing; but, can't confirm.

D

D.Scott

Well, that fits - they would presumably change the wording that says "3rd Edition Requirements".

I had also heard they will be putting a space for IMDS numbers as well.

Dave

D

DDaenen1

Well, it does make sense to detach it from the QS9000 7-pack since QS9000 will seize to exist and TS16949 will become the reference. Other than that, there are holes in the 3rd edition so i welcome a new revision.

IMDS is already a standard requirement for us for full PPAP sign-off anyways, inline with the EU- ELV direction.

D

D.Scott

"IMDS is already a standard requirement for us for full PPAP sign-off anyways, inline with the EU- ELV direction."

I agree but there is no official designated space for it. There will be on the new one.

Dave

bpritts

Involved - Posts
Found the meeting minutes from the AIAG group; unfortunately no
specifics on content, but they do say (as of a few weeks ago) that the
publication target is July 1, 04.

Brad

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
We have discussed this before with out getting an answer.
AIAG PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) Manual Fourth Edition
AIAG working on PPAP 4th Edition? Revision status of AIAG documents

The only reference I can find at AIAG is in the truck divisio that they are updating the sector requirements.
This is ridiculous that if this is publicity no one can find it.

I have found at http://www.asqdetroit.org/quality_herald/spring2004/aiag_ppap_update.php

Quality Herald Spring 2004

AIAG-PPAP 4th Edition Manual Update
By: Steve Leggett, Editor

The final changes have been submitted and the OEM-PPAP Team is waiting for approval. The PPAP Manual is going through the last editing changes for proper format. The next steps will be to forward to each OEM Team for their final approval and then the PPAP Manual will go to print. We expect the New PPAP Manual, 4th Edition should be available from AIAG this June. For more detailed information, please see the Fall 2003 issue of the QH. To learn more about the changes, please attend the ASQ-GDS May 20th Section Meeting at Macomb Community College MTec, please see the Calendar or contact the QH Editor.
and a meeting
http://www.asqdetroit.org/calendar/view_entry.php?id=4&date=20040520
ASQ Detroit Section Meeting
Description: Speaker: Steve Leggett
AIAG-PPAP 4th Edition Update

5:30pm - Doors Open
6:00pm - Speaker Presentation
7:30 through 9:00 - Tutoring

MTEC Building
Van Dyke & Martin Rd.
Warren

Free for all members, just bring your ASQ Member Number. Contact Frances Blosser at 248-892-4680 for more information.
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2004
Time: 5:30pm-9:00pm
Duration: 210 minutes
Priority: Medium
Access: Public
Created by: admin
Updated: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 2:20pm

Please can we have a report if any one is going

S

Sam

The changes from 3rd to 4th edition will be outlined in the June issue of the AIAG - Action Line magazine.
The 4th ed goes to press in June.

D

D.Scott

Thanks Sam - I'll try to remember to outline it here too when it comes out.

Dave

Top Bottom