SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

AIAG PPAP Manual Forms: CFG-1003, CFG-1004, CFG-1005

D

dbulak

Please be patient. There is some debate as to which form is to be used and when. Does any one have a simple, and I mean simple explanation as when to use each form?:thanks:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Re: Cfg-1003,cfg-1004,cfg-1005

Please be patient. There is some debate as to which form is to be used and when. Does any one have a simple, and I mean simple explanation as when to use each form?:thanks:
None of the forms (found in the AIAG PPAP manual, 4th Edition) are mandatory.

CFG-1003 is for PPAP dimensional reports.
CFG-1004 is for material test results.
CFG-1005 is for performance test results.

The first is self-explanatory (I hope).

Material test results are test results for (e.g.) raw materials, and other design record material specifications. Often a supplier's cert is substituted for the form, although they usually don't meet all of the requirements specified in the PPAP manual. If a customer requires use of the form, sometimes the information from the supplier's certs/test results are transferred to the form, and the supplier cert is kept but not submitted.

CFG-1005 is for performance test results. Performance tests are for things such as corrosion resistance, impact resistance, flammability, environmental exposure, etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Service Parts PPAP AIAG Manual - Opinions APQP and PPAP 4
O Ordering an AIAG PPAP Manual - Europe (Sweden) APQP and PPAP 7
B What is the Latest Revision Of the AIAG PPAP Manual? APQP and PPAP 1
J PPAP Marking - Polymeric Parts - AIAG PPAP Manual 4th edition, page 4, Clause 2.2.1.2 APQP and PPAP 5
Howard Atkins Informational AIAG PPAP Manual 4th Edition Forms (including Control Plan) APQP and PPAP 68
T I want a copy of the AIAG PPAP Manual 4th edition APQP and PPAP 4
G AIAG PPAP Manual Fourth Edition will be available exclusively from AIAG March 1, 2006 APQP and PPAP 6
S AIAG's PPAP Manual - New version due soon APQP and PPAP 3
S AIAG PPAP Manual pg 16 - PPAP requirements shall be retained at appropriate locations APQP and PPAP 2
J AIAG PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) Manual Fourth Edition Released APQP and PPAP 69
A PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) - Where can I buy the AIAG Manual? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 2
M Gap Analysis of the AIAG's PPAP Manual 2nd vs. 3rd Edition APQP and PPAP 3
C PPAP required by Customer not the same as the AIAG's PPAP Manual Requirements APQP and PPAP 2
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1
H Prerequisites for AIAG APQP/PPAP Certification Exam Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
C PPAP Rejection for "MSA-GR&R are not using the latest AIAG format" APQP and PPAP 9
Q Is AIAG PPAP section 2.1 waiver a solution? APQP and PPAP 7
E What's the difference: AIAG-PPAP's "Significant Production Run" and "Run @ Rate"? APQP and PPAP 11
P Are AIAG PPAP Elements Mandatory? APQP and PPAP 9
V Latest revisions of Core Tools Manuals from the AIAG (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC and MSA) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
R Customer using their own version of the AIAG PPAP Forms APQP and PPAP 5
V Do I need to have Supplier Master PPAP Samples? I see in AIAG 4.1 APQP and PPAP 4
D AIAG Level 3 PPAP (100% dimensional measurement or just significant characteristics)? APQP and PPAP 2
Stijloor Latest AIAG PPAP and FMEA Errata Sheet APQP and PPAP 7
E Question about AIAG PPAP Third Edition APQP and PPAP 2
S Are the AIAG document (FMEA, PPAP, SPC, MSA, APQP) guidelines or requirements FMEA and Control Plans 6
1 Looking for AIAG PPAP checklist APQP and PPAP 1
Jim Wynne AIAG TS16949 / PPAP Conference - Shanghai APQP and PPAP 0
W Does ISO 9001:2000 require the use of AIAG (automotive) APQP, PPAP, etc. Manuals? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C AIAG PPAP requirement on Cpk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
J AIAG PPAP Third edition changes to Fourth - Ten major changes? APQP and PPAP 10
S What is the connection between Ford's phased PPAP and edition 4 from AIAG APQP and PPAP 4
D AIAG's PPAP Reference Material - Seeking an electronics copy such as a .pdf file APQP and PPAP 4
E What is the purpose of the AIAG's PPAP process? Elimination of customer inspection? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
S AIAG PPAP 4th Edition - Has anyone heard what the change(s) will be? APQP and PPAP 42
apestate PPAP and AIAG in non-QS/TS company - Tier 2 Supplier APQP and PPAP 10
S AIAG working on PPAP 4th Edition? Revision status of AIAG documents APQP and PPAP 8
I AIAG's PPAP 3rd edition vs. PPAP 2nd edition APQP and PPAP 3
C What are the AIAG defined PPAP Levels? APQP and PPAP 2
OpExPro AIAG VDA FMEA Rating Tables FMEA and Control Plans 5
K RPN/ KC) per AIAG FMEA and Control Plans 0
OpExPro The note at the bottom of DFMEA occurrence tables in AIAG VDA FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 0
OpExPro AIAG VDA DFMEA Template Required FMEA and Control Plans 2
M "Issue & continuous improvement" columns in AIAG-VDA PFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 4
C AIAG-VDA PFMEA - 1st special Characteristics? [5step vs. 6step] FMEA and Control Plans 3
Anerol C Gage R&R Template AIAG 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J Which OEM or customers are now requiring the new AIAG/VDA FMEA format? FMEA and Control Plans 6
C AIAG/VDA FMEA - Is the new better? FMEA and Control Plans 0
A PFMEA new AIAG FMEA and Control Plans 0
P VDA AIAG FMEA - Slides for Quality Audience FMEA and Control Plans 4