AIAG release of TR 16949

R

Roger Eastin

Just a note: I tried to purchase TR16949 from AIAG, but I was told that it would not be available until the 4th quarter of this year.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

Richard Sadler

I got a copy of ISO/TS16949 from the British Standards Institute. Their website is at http:\\www.bsi.org.uk\. The document is UK£50 for 'subscribers', or UK£100 for non-subscribers.
I saw 2003 as a possible date for implementing it as an International Standard.
If nothing else, it's written more clearly than the QS9000 documents!

R

Roger Eastin

Yeah, Lassitude, you're right as far as the price goes from BSI. The cost from AIAG is 10 or 15 bucks! My question, though, is even if you get the standard, what can you do with it? There are not auditor qualifications as far as I know, nor items detailed such as audit frequency, customer specific areas,etc. It's funny - I would never have thought to check with BSI because I am so used to the AIAG being the clearing house for QS-style automotive standards (in the US anyway).

R

Richard Sadler

With respect to what you can do with the standard, the foreword states that "...a common global certification scheme has been developed and must be followed. Customer-specific requirements supplemental to this Technical Specification shall be incuded in audit in order obtain customer recognition of such certification."
Details of the certification procedure can be gained from organisations supporting the IATF.
Guess what?
This points you straight back to the AIAG.

M

Mike525

Are any of the big 3 accepting certification to TR16949? I thought I saw something from Ford saying TR16949 was acceptable as a Quality System standard, and they would recognize certification to the standard, but I can't seem to recall or locate the source.

R

Roger Eastin

I would be surprised if any of the Big 3 accepted registrations at this time. In fact, I am not sure how any auditor could register anyone at this point, because, as far as I know anyway, there are not auditor requirements published yet, nor are the customer requirements of TR16949 published yet. It seems as if we have heard more from the European part of the world with respect to registration. Anyone else?

P

pdboilermaker

Just purchased "TS16949" from ASQ. I understand that this is it, the final release that you can be registerd to. Cost was 24.00
Dean Hill

R

Roger Eastin

I think that, like the individual who bought TR16949 from BSI, you can purchase this standard from certain sources. However, although you didn't mention it in your reply, I don't think your copy from ASQ did not include any customer-specific requirements nor any auditor-specific (from the Big 3 anyway) requirements. I think that is why AIAG will produce the "official" copy of T16949. This copy WILL include these other requirements (just like QS9K does) and the AIAG version (according to my last conversation with them) will not be available until this fall.

P

pdboilermaker

You are correct, it does not contain customer specific requirements, and should not. This standard is sector specific, not customer specific. It is my understanding through talking with people at the ASQ that the problem that the AIAG ran into is that they went to print but with the DTR version. The standard is the standard, no customer specific requirements, you need to get them from the customer or keep your soon to be obsolete QS 9000 third edition around. PS when ISO 9000:2000 hits will this mean a QS 9000 fourth edition must follow? I mean the structure of the 2000 standard has changed dramatically since the 1994 version.

------------------

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Release of AIAG's CQI-7: ISO/TS 16949 Implementation Guide IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
S Pre-release version of the upcoming AIAG FMEA Revision 5 FMEA and Control Plans 1
Anerol C Gage R&R Template AIAG 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J Which OEM or customers are now requiring the new AIAG/VDA FMEA format? FMEA and Control Plans 0
C AIAG/VDA FMEA - Is the new better? FMEA and Control Plans 0
A PFMEA new AIAG FMEA and Control Plans 0
P VDA AIAG FMEA - Slides for Quality Audience FMEA and Control Plans 4
B AIAG/VDA’s FMEA Manual Is a Major Advance (my take on this subject) FMEA and Control Plans 2
B AIAG-VDA FMEA - When the new format will be required FMEA and Control Plans 5
M How to complete structure Analysis and Function analysis sections' columns of AIAG-VDA DFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 0
bobdoering Informational New AIAG PFMEA Process - Excel Template Attached FMEA and Control Plans 23
C FMEA Process assessment In the Draft for the AIAG/VDA FMEA Manual is gone FMEA and Control Plans 0
S AIAG CQI Auditor Qualification and 3rd Party Certification Requirements General Auditing Discussions 2
K AIAG/VDA FMEA & Process Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 0
D FMEA-MSR in the AIAG-VDA Aligned Handbook - What is it? FMEA and Control Plans 4
bobdoering AIAG VDA FMEA Handbook - 2019 - something familiar about this.... FMEA and Control Plans 37
S New AIAG FMEA Process - How to complete the new format FMEA and Control Plans 32
C Detection Action for Failure Effects - AIAG 4th Edition Layout FMEA and Control Plans 5
S I have just purchased the all new Core Tools Software (CTS) from AIAG IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 37
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1
M Is there a published List of AIAG members requiring IATF certification ? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A The FILE recommended by AIAG MSA 4ed for LINEARITY Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
I AIAG 2018 Quality Summit - Is it worth it? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C AIAG's IATF 16949 section 7.1.5.1.1 - Torque MSA Requirement Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
G AIAG FMEA - Major customers of the FMEA process FMEA and Control Plans 3
R Information on the roll out of the new harmonized DRAFT FMEA AIAG/VDA manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
G ANOVA GR&R: Minitab vs AIAG MSA results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
H Prerequisites for AIAG APQP/PPAP Certification Exam Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
xfngrs What are the VDA equivalents to AIAG manuals? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
Marc When will Revision 5 of the AIAG FMEA Manual be released? FMEA and Control Plans 93
C PPAP Rejection for "MSA-GR&R are not using the latest AIAG format" APQP and PPAP 9
kedarg6500 Excel Spreadsheet for AIAG Example wanted Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
N AIAG 4th ed. FMEA Manual "Fit" Changed to "Appearance" - Fit severity? FMEA and Control Plans 2
G AIAG CQI-Audits and Auditor Training ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
Z Failure Mode Identification in PFMEA according to AIAG FMEA Rev.4 FMEA and Control Plans 6
B New to Metrology and told to complete Gage R&R with AIAG compliant software Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
M Where to buy AIAG Manuals ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
S Service Parts PPAP AIAG Manual - Opinions APQP and PPAP 4
L AIAG B-10 Labeling Standard vs. VDA 4902 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
xfngrs New AIAG Special Molding Assessment CQI-23 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 17
O Any recommendations on good book on Control Plans besides AIAG? FMEA and Control Plans 3
Stijloor AIAG Layered Process Audit 2nd Ed. (CQI-8) is now available. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
K 4th Edition AIAG FMEA Occurrence, Severity and Detection Criteria for Plastics FMEA and Control Plans 1
E CQI-7T Form - AIAG Process Identification Tool 95-2000 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
D What is an AIAG Sustainability Report? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
Q Is AIAG PPAP section 2.1 waiver a solution? APQP and PPAP 7
E What's the difference: AIAG-PPAP's "Significant Production Run" and "Run @ Rate"? APQP and PPAP 11
W Production Trial Run in AIAG APQP and Run at Rate (GP-9) GM 1927 APQP and PPAP 2
P Are AIAG PPAP Elements Mandatory? APQP and PPAP 9
B Increased pricing of AIAG publications Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1