Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

AIAG VDA FMEA Handbook - 2019 - something familiar about this....

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Ford does not have a chosen supplier.
I am an ex-Ford Plant manager. Ford nor any other company can require any supplier to use a particular FMEA software or software training without violating anti-trust laws.
Anti-trust laws in the us are rarely enforced these days and haven't been for years, especially for something as trivial as this.

Nor did I say Ford was or is requiring specific software or training for software.

Having gotten into automotive back in 1987 as a consultant to Ford in ESS of their vehicle electronics, and having worked with quite a few Ford suppliers in years past, I can tell you that Ford has dictated training suppliers to their suppliers for some things like APQP, etc. I don't know the situation today.

All: Please read the comments to Mr. Harpster’s opinion piece in Quality Digest.
NOTE: You must sign up to read Quality Digest articles.
NOTE 2: This discussion thread has been reported re: Mr. Harpster's posts: "Same comment posted 4-5x in response to different people. Ok, we get your message." I have to agree.

If companies are forced to use the AIAG VDA FMEA methodology, it will be a disaster for the North American auto industry.
When I see quotes like this all I can think of is fear mongering.

:2cents:

Jimmy123

Involved In Discussions
Anti-trust laws in the us are rarely enforced these days and haven't been for years, especially for something as trivial as this.

Nor did I say Ford was or is requiring specific software or training for software.

Having gotten into automotive back in 1987 as a consultant to Ford in ESS of their vehicle electronics, and having worked with quite a few Ford suppliers in years past, I can tell you that Ford has dictated training suppliers to their suppliers for some things like APQP, etc. I don't know the situation today.

NOTE: You must sign up to read Quality Digest articles.
NOTE 2: This discussion thread has been reported re: Mr. Harpster's posts: "Same comment posted 4-5x in response to different people. Ok, we get your message." I have to agree.

When I see quotes like this all I can think of is fear mongering.

:2cents:
I am understood this fear, because in the past the supplier has to follow the blue or the red book, now they have to follow both in one book. Confusing! I assumed first, if I heard from this project, it will be more clear, lean and smart. But if I read now this big book, >200 pages I rise a lot of questions. This is the result, because no one of the both groups will not change anything. It could be better if the blue and red book only align the rating system, because this is the only new. Still two way‘s described one in Excel and several supporting tools and one structured way. Maybe this book should be described from scratch on the green. Maybe the medical industry can do this, pick out the best of both :).

Top Bottom