Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

AIAG-VDA FMEA - When the new format will be required

brandieb1230

Involved In Discussions
I have been trying to follow the updated communications through the IATF website but is there somewhere else I should be looking to see if and when this new format will be required?

I received an email from a training facility that stated "you might know, the Detroit automakers and Honda have announced their transition timing, and FCA is leading the way by requiring the new approach on all new program awards effective right now. The other automakers are following suit with implementation in 2020-2022".

I have not found this information anywhere regarding FCA. I emailed the training supplier back and it was returned undeliverable and my searches on here and the web have come up empty.

THanks for your help.

John Predmore

Quite Involved in Discussions
You should ask the supplier quality representative of your customer, not a training supplier, for details as it pertains to your business with FCA.

brandieb1230

Involved In Discussions
I emailed our contacts at all customers asking where I would find this information as well. I emailed the training supplier back asking where they found that information and posted on here to see if there was somewhere other than the IAOB website that I should be looking.

kbg1000

Registered Visitor
FCA addresses this in their latest Customer Specific Requirements, which can be accessed at iatfglobaloversight.org. Their requirement is to keep using the AIAG 4th edition. They also allow use of the new AIAG-VDA FMEA Handbook, provided you use certain alternate forms.
See paragraphs 8.3.5 and 8.3.5.2 of their CSRs.

kbg1000

Registered Visitor
By the way, the CSRs I referenced are for FCA US LLC. The ones for Fiat Italy SpA don't mention use of the new handbook yet.

brandieb1230

Involved In Discussions
KBG:
FCA addresses this in their latest Customer Specific Requirements, which can be accessed at iatfglobaloversight.org. Their requirement is to keep using the AIAG 4th edition. They also allow use of the new AIAG-VDA FMEA Handbook, provided you use certain alternate forms.
See paragraphs 8.3.5 and 8.3.5.2 of their CSRs.

Brandie: Thank you! That is what I was looking for. The email was an obvious scare tactic as it says you MAY but no where does it say you need to use them. I reviewed the revised version when it was released and it didn't leave a lasting impression so I was scared they may be publishing information in other places.

I appreciate your help!

Top Bottom