AIAG's ELV (End of Life Vehicle program) Spreadsheet

J

JaySturgeon

Customer Request

Help!!
I have gotten a request from my customer (Tier Two) to fill out a spreadsheet which I believe to be a new environmental requirement from the big three. It is called "AIAG ELV spreadsheet".

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this something I can do, with no experience and/or training.

Would appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Jay

:bonk:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

tomvehoski

ELV is the End of Life Vehicle program. Basically they want to know what materials are in a car, and which of those are hazardous, recycleable, etc. I have not seen the spreadsheet you are referring to, but did assist a client with entering information on their parts into an online database - Visteon I think.

You will need to determine what the basic substances of your parts are, and what is the weight of each substance. As I recall there are some lowest level components, such as steel. You don't have to break it down into iron, carbon, etc. Say you make a bumper that is chrome plated (outside) and e-coated (inside). To make up some numbers, you might have:

Bumper (10kg) ------
Stamping: Steel Grade XXXX (9.8kg)
Chrome Plate:
Chromium (0.05 kg)
Nickel (0.05 kg)
E-Coat: Product ID #### (0.1kg)

If you are making basic steel or plastic parts, it may not be too difficult to set this up. If you are involved with hazardous materials, platings, etc. it may be more difficult to break the part down into its individual components. You will have to get the guidance from your customer on what their lowest level substances are.

Hope this helps.

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

We have just filled out the AIAG spreadsheet (we alloy our own aluminum for die casting) and submitted it to one of our customers. Our Materials group stated it was a fairly simple task. This customer also has given its suppliers the option of going the "IMDS route".

As I understand it, this requirement ("Restricted and Reportable Substances") is being forced down the entire supply chain.

Bill

J

JaySturgeon

More Paperwork

We make two small parts for this customer. They are metal stampings. After the stamping process they go direct to the customer. I can't imagine then that this is a big deal. I have the metal composition, part weight and that is about it right?

The material is basic cold roll steel. I do have a lubrication we use when stamping the part.

I have started to fill out the spreadsheet. I have finished the part tree section and am about ready to move to the material sheet. Any help there would be appreciated.

Thanks you the input.....

Jay

A

ashwin_kumar942

Ya i know how to enter the data's into the AIAG spread sheet. Please give me your contact details and email id i will send you the exact format....

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Customer Request

Help!!
I have gotten a request from my customer (Tier Two) to fill out a spreadsheet which I believe to be a new environmental requirement from the big three. It is called "AIAG ELV spreadsheet".

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this something I can do, with no experience and/or training.

Would appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Jay

:bonk:
Hello Jay,

The spreadsheet is available for free from the AIAG website.
Check : http://www.aiag.org/staticcontent/elv_doc/index.cfm

Best regards,

Antoine

A

ashwin_kumar942

Hi guys,

Any job oppurtunity will be there for me...i am into IMDS and ELV stuffs...I need a abroad job...if you guys know please let me know....i am in a desperate need of job...Please kindly help me...

:thanx:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Free - ELV 'Compliance Connect' Tool from AIAG IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Kales Veggie AIAG IMDS/ELV Summit Oct 10, 2007 RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 9
M A question about "Issue & continuous improvement" columns in AIAG-VDA PFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 3
C AIAG-VDA PFMEA - 1st special Characteristics? [5step vs. 6step] IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
Anerol C Gage R&R Template AIAG 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J Which OEM or customers are now requiring the new AIAG/VDA FMEA format? FMEA and Control Plans 0
C AIAG/VDA FMEA - Is the new better? FMEA and Control Plans 0
A PFMEA new AIAG FMEA and Control Plans 0
P VDA AIAG FMEA - Slides for Quality Audience FMEA and Control Plans 4
B AIAG/VDA’s FMEA Manual Is a Major Advance (my take on this subject) FMEA and Control Plans 2
B AIAG-VDA FMEA - When the new format will be required FMEA and Control Plans 5
M How to complete structure Analysis and Function analysis sections' columns of AIAG-VDA DFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 0
bobdoering Informational New AIAG PFMEA Process - Excel Template Attached FMEA and Control Plans 23
C FMEA Process assessment In the Draft for the AIAG/VDA FMEA Manual is gone FMEA and Control Plans 0
S AIAG CQI Auditor Qualification and 3rd Party Certification Requirements General Auditing Discussions 2
K AIAG/VDA FMEA & Process Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 0
D FMEA-MSR in the AIAG-VDA Aligned Handbook - What is it? FMEA and Control Plans 4
bobdoering AIAG VDA FMEA Handbook - 2019 - something familiar about this.... FMEA and Control Plans 37
S New AIAG FMEA Process - How to complete the new format FMEA and Control Plans 32
C Detection Action for Failure Effects - AIAG 4th Edition Layout FMEA and Control Plans 5
S I have just purchased the all new Core Tools Software (CTS) from AIAG IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 37
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1
M Is there a published List of AIAG members requiring IATF certification ? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A The FILE recommended by AIAG MSA 4ed for LINEARITY Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
I AIAG 2018 Quality Summit - Is it worth it? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C AIAG's IATF 16949 section 7.1.5.1.1 - Torque MSA Requirement Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
G AIAG FMEA - Major customers of the FMEA process FMEA and Control Plans 3
R Information on the roll out of the new harmonized DRAFT FMEA AIAG/VDA manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
G ANOVA GR&R: Minitab vs AIAG MSA results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
H Prerequisites for AIAG APQP/PPAP Certification Exam Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
xfngrs What are the VDA equivalents to AIAG manuals? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
Marc When will Revision 5 of the AIAG FMEA Manual be released? FMEA and Control Plans 93
S Pre-release version of the upcoming AIAG FMEA Revision 5 FMEA and Control Plans 1
C PPAP Rejection for "MSA-GR&R are not using the latest AIAG format" APQP and PPAP 9
kedarg6500 Excel Spreadsheet for AIAG Example wanted Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
N AIAG 4th ed. FMEA Manual "Fit" Changed to "Appearance" - Fit severity? FMEA and Control Plans 2
G AIAG CQI-Audits and Auditor Training ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
Z Failure Mode Identification in PFMEA according to AIAG FMEA Rev.4 FMEA and Control Plans 6
B New to Metrology and told to complete Gage R&R with AIAG compliant software Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
M Where to buy AIAG Manuals ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
S Service Parts PPAP AIAG Manual - Opinions APQP and PPAP 4
L AIAG B-10 Labeling Standard vs. VDA 4902 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
xfngrs New AIAG Special Molding Assessment CQI-23 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 17
O Any recommendations on good book on Control Plans besides AIAG? FMEA and Control Plans 3
Stijloor AIAG Layered Process Audit 2nd Ed. (CQI-8) is now available. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
K 4th Edition AIAG FMEA Occurrence, Severity and Detection Criteria for Plastics FMEA and Control Plans 1
E CQI-7T Form - AIAG Process Identification Tool 95-2000 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
D What is an AIAG Sustainability Report? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
Q Is AIAG PPAP section 2.1 waiver a solution? APQP and PPAP 7
E What's the difference: AIAG-PPAP's "Significant Production Run" and "Run @ Rate"? APQP and PPAP 11