Airbus and the QPL (Qualified Parts List)

fraktion

Involved In Discussions
Guru's.

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Does anyone have any experience supplying parts into the primes and the usage of their Qualified Parts List?

It was raised during a recent customer audit that it's not acceptable that the material we purchase (plastic granules), is only verified by checking the name of the material on the bag matches that of the material name listed on the C of C.

I'm told we should be checking the QPL, looking for material characteristics - by standard - and cross checking these characteristics against a certificate of analysis or some kind of material 3.1 form.

As far as i'm aware, AS9100 rev C took away the need for external material validation that used to be in Rev B. I'm now being told it's a customer requirement.

Of course, due to the multiple different materials and numerous deliveries of said materials from multiple suppliers, the work involved in cross checking melt flow data, and so on...is potentially immense. Is this actually required?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

JLyt207

Involved In Discussions
I can partially answer your question. You are right. There was the change to the AS9100 requirement in the "C" revision. It removed the verification requirement. However, it is also true that you may still be required to do it. I don't know about Airbus but Boeing put the requirement back in last year for those that follow the D6-82479. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that other Primes will follow along. I would verify with your customer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DuncanGibbons OEM specifications such as AIPS spec from Airbus AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
C What is an Airbus Industrial Process Control Assessment (IPCA) Audit Passing Score General Auditing Discussions 1
H AS9120 stockist now able to work with Airbus sub contractors? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Marc Boeing 767 and Airbus A340 almost collide on runway at Barcelona airport World News 1
Marc Airbus submits patent application for windowless jet cockpit Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 10
Ajit Basrur See this 1:15 model of Airbus A380 fly the skies! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
B Airbus & Boeing Standard and Additional Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
B Airbus to establish assembly line in United States AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
C Audit to Airbus Specifications - Auditing the Airbus GRAMS Specification General Auditing Discussions 16
S Qantas Airbus incident - What really happened? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
G How many Airbus A380 planes must blow Rolls-Royce motors to ground the fleet? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 36
R Obsolescence Management - Airbus specific requirement - Help needed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B Emirates Slams Airbus on A380 Defects World News 0
Coury Ferguson Airbus A380 Makes it first maiden flight from LAX to Australia Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Sidney Vianna Is Airbus enforcing implementation of these other AS/EN standards? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
R Airbus AP1003 (environment) form filled in AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Stijloor 360 Degree View of the Airbus A380 Flight Deck Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 3
Sidney Vianna Airbus achieves ISO 14001 certification ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
Sidney Vianna Boeing vs. Airbus - Positioning their product portfolio The Reading Room 5
D Airbus A380 - A milestone in aviation history - January 2005 World News 4
R Aerospace QPL Suppliers not meeting our AVL requirements. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
C ASL - Buying from unqualified manufacturers through qualified distributors Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
N Where to find a Qualified FDA Supplier Auditor located in China China Medical Device Regulations 7
K Is an assembly service, part sequencing, and kitting operation Qualified for TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Can a medical software qualified as class III? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
E QP (Qualified Person) for Combined Pharma-Medical Devices Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
L Un-Qualified Welder who Welds Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
V Defining the criteria for equipment to be qualified or requalified Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
T Am I qualified to take the CQI Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
Q Qualified Internal Auditors for AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 37
D Can Cloud Data Management resources be qualified? Should they be? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
S Per Man day rate for Qualified TS Auditor in USA and UK ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A RoHS Compliant Component = Re-Qualified for Lead-Free Soldering? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
W Difference between Qualified and Certified system from OEM AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
M 8.2.2.5 Internal Auditor Qualification - Competent Auditor or Qualified Auditor? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
K Equivalent role of QP (Qualified Person) in FDA Regulations Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 8
R Role of Qualified Person (QP) in Contract Manufacturing Pharma Business Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
E Certification of ISO 28000 Lead Auditors - Which organisations are actually qualified Supply Chain Security Management Systems 3
D ISO 9001 Qualified Auditor and Internal TS Auditor Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 61
M Training - Authorized vs. Qualified - New Processes Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
M How do I tell my boss I'm not qualified to do Internal Audits? Internal Auditing 32
S Good Tissue Practice (GTP) - Certification Bodies which are qualified to Certify it. Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
V What Training is Required to be a Qualified AS9120 Internal Auditor AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
A Internal Auditor - What is required to have someone qualified as an internal auditor? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 35
G I'm interested in taking a "registered or qualified" ISO 14000 Lead Assessor Class Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
ScottK What makes a person "qualified" to be the Management Representative? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
C You are a qualified system engineer? Job description for QS engineer Career and Occupation Discussions 10
Douglas E. Purdy Personnel performing specific assigned tasks shall be qualified - Interpretation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
C ?Qualified Internal Auditor? - Where to get "qualified" Internal Auditing 6
Wayne Must the gage maker be qualified as a calibration supplier? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1