AIs the R&R study a training evidence considered ?

luciano

Involved - Posts
Dear friends,
I had a debate with by boss regarding involving the people which are using measurement devices, in the MSA studies. In my opinion our quality operators (auditors, controllers) which are currently working with the measurement devices (based on their daily work); shall perform R&R studies. For this reason all our new employees in the quality department, were involved in the R&R study as a training evidence of adequate using of measurement equipment. In my boss opinion, if our employees have only a proof that they have been trained how to use a specific measurement device based on a work instruction is pretty enough, and for this reason we need R&R study but not all our operator should be involved. Based on this assumption we can have quality operators which never been involved in R&R study during entirely their working period. Please advise: is the R&R study an evidence of correct using a device or it is enough a simple training? All our quality operators should be involved in this over the time and should be a part of this process?
Thank you very much

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
The two are separate aspects.

A training record simply shows that you have gone through the effort of providing a certain body of knowledge to someone. Unfortunately it does not mean that that person comprehended said training or was able to put it to use.

Having that person perform a satisfactory R&R study demonstrates competency. This means that the person is able to perform the task well regardless of whether they have received formal training.

luciano

Involved - Posts
To which reference manuals or standard should I connect this requirement ? For me it is very logical and accepted but if I have to argue based on a specific requirement in order to be accepted otherwise it is considered by others anly my personal opinion and of course rejected. Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P GS1 NHRN AIs - Creating Barcodes for Human Product Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
S A clinical performance evaluation study with an IVD product as Investagional Use product - Clinical Monitor requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
T Attributes SPC study - Attributive control (Go gage) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S Capability or Gage R&R Study for Leak Tester? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 15
N % Tolerance - Type 1 study on the gages, then a gage R&R (ANOVA) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Definitive answer on Type 1 vs Type 2 vs Type 3 Gage Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
D Gage R&R Study on Load Cells - Large chemical blending tanks IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
A CE Mark and PMCF study EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Q % Study variation low, % tolerance high - GR&R Interpretation help Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
A Gauge Study for Small Lots Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
K IATF & Attribute Study requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
T Correct MSA study for an automated camera system which makes attribute inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
DuncanGibbons Looking for example aerospace part CAD files to be used for a case study Career and Occupation Discussions 2
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
L Cba biomedical auditor - cba primer material is enough to study? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
S Machine Setup for a CNC Machine Capability Study Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
M Brazil forced degradation study requirements Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 0
P RAC-US Spring 2020 Study group_Discussions Professional Certifications and Degrees 15
M Custom Medical Device For Clinical Study Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
G Capability Study for Tapped Hole Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 3
R PMCF plan to justify that our product not require PMCF study EU Medical Device Regulations 2
E How much a bioequivalence study will cost in the UK Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
A Gage type 1 study on CMM Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
N MSA Study for a Leak Testing Device Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
D Do I need part variation while doing Destructive Variable Gage R&R MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
Prashant G MSA Study - AS 9100 and and our customer want us to do MSA study for their parts dimension Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
Ajit Basrur How do I label this commercial product ready for clinical study? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
H Safety and efficacy study for CE marking CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1
A Audit purpose - case study - What is the role of SQE in such case? General Auditing Discussions 3
E MSA Study on MTS dynamic rate measurements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
M Case study - If the restaurant (ISO 9001:2015 certified) was run by 2 persons covering cooking and purchasing processes (Mother and Father) supported ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
K Student wanting Case Study about Internal Audit Report Internal Auditing 1
T RAC US Spring 2019 certification - Study group Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
M IVD Registration - Use of Prospective Study Data Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
G Plotting capability study data - I have a bimodular data distribution Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
A Accelerated aging and real time study EU Medical Device Regulations 2
F Extension of a stability study for an API Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
C Do Calibration Reference Standards require an MSA study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
A Expanded GR&R Study questions Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
A Users won't return devices from pre-CE performance evaluation study EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S ITA (Investigational Testing Authorization) for Clinical Feasibility Study Canada Medical Device Regulations 4
J GLP requirements in preclinical study CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
O MSA Study for a steel ruler Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
R Radius Gauge R&R Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
V Generic requirements regarding capability study in automotive Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
Q What does % study variation of 20% mean in GRR? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 17
E What do I study to learn how to audit? Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
BreeJeong PMCF study plan is same to clinical investigation plan? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J GLP Animal Study - Change number of treatment sites Other US Medical Device Regulations 2