Alignment to ISO/IEC 17025 as required by TS 16949

D

Dmokong - 2009

Good Day.
Anybody can help me regarding alignment to ISO 17025? We are conducting Internal Calibration and do not require to be certified by ISO 17025 (based on TS 16949) but alignment only. My problem is what are the requirement/s to be followed for the alignment? :confused: Anyone??

apestate

Quite Involved in Discussions
Confusion?

Dmokong

Welcome to The Cove.

You have posted a very good question that I could not find an answer to. I am anxious to see if some others will post a response.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
By 'alignment' to ISO 17025?, do you mean 'compliance' with ISO 17025?

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
The standard says
"NOTE Accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025 may be used to demonstrate supplier in-house laboratory conformity to this requirement but is not mandatory."

But before this says exactly what is expected
An organization’s internal laboratory facility shall have a defined scope that includes its capability to perform the
required inspection, test or calibration services. This laboratory scope shall be included in the quality management
system documentation. The laboratory shall specify and implement, as a minimum, technical requirements for
  • adequacy of the laboratory procedures,
  • competency of the laboratory personnel,
  • testing of the product,
  • capability to perform these services correctly, traceable to the relevant process standard (such as ASTM, EN,etc.), and
  • review of the related records.
If this is not clear enough please ask more specificaly

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
Best thing is to get a copy of the Standard, sit down with TS, and do a requirement-to-requirement comparison.....you will find quite a few technical requirements in 17025 that may not be in TS and those you will have to address in a lab manual or similar.....common requirements can be addressed with existing QM.....technical issues will also have to be addressed however.

Hershal

D

Dmokong - 2009

Thanks!!!

Thanks everybody. Your reply is a big help to me. :applause: I will just follow the minimum requirements for the alignment to ISO 17025. We already had a copy of ISO 17025. The problem is how to do these minimum requirements like for example in adequacy of the laboratory procedures. Most of our procedures are traceable to JIS but not the complete procedure. I've just revise the procedure from JIS because some of the procedures are not needed based on the testing procedures of the end-user.
Another one is the competency of laboratory personnel. Our company does not want us to join the Interlaboratory due to additional expense on our side. Is our training certificates just ok to meet this requirement?:cfingers:

By the way, our priority now is the intermediate check of the Reference Standard, Preventive Maintenance, certified ISO 17025 External Lab and requirements for documentation control of calibration records for the alignment.

Thanks again for the info.:thanx:

Top Bottom