All shifts at surveillance audit? Appendix H, point 5, page 109 QSR 3rd Edition

E

Eugène

Can anyone help me?
Last week we had a surveillance audit (PA4: QS9000 and PA1: VDA 6.1) and it was a witness audit too. Normally a surveillace audit always covers two shifts (we have a three shifts system). Now the Accreditation Body has said, after closing the audit, that he isn't quite sure if the audit is really closed because of not all the shifts are audited. Regards to Appendix H, point 5, page 109 QSR 3rd Edition he is right. But our Certification Body said that there is another point in one of the Appendixes which state that they don't have to audit all the shifts every surveillance audit.
Does anyone know what they mean with that?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

I looked but could not find any other interpretations but bear with my thoughts.

A company that is committed to the system and improving the system would be comfortable with and probably expect that all shifts be audited (Internal & External). It sounds as if your company fits this description.

I would be more concerned that your accrediting body (registrar?) "isn't quite sure". That should send up a red flag to me that I might need to review my committment to the accreditation body (registrar?)

I am currently investigating registrars for a company and would appreciate (if you feel comfortable with it) an email response so we could discuss this further.

ASD...

I would be wondering

S
The registrars that I have worked with require all three shifts to be audited during a surveillance audit. (BVQI and Perry Johnson). It may be only one or two elements at random, but at least each shift is included.

K

Ken K

Our auditor was here for 3 days this past September. One day he spent on first shift, one day on first/second shift, and one day on third/first shift. This was our tenth audit and the second time they have done this. It does make sense to me to include all shifts in a audit. That way everyone in the company can feel involved in the process.

S
QSR 3rd Ed, Appendix H, para 5;

"Each Audit shall include auditing all shifts. If weekend crews are dedicated and non-rotating,then auditing of the weekend shift is required."

This is a note pertaining to Table A which includes initial audits and surveillance audits.

QSR 3rd Ed Appendix B, Para 7;

"It is permissible for each surveillance audit to re-exam part of the system so that the equivalent of a total reassessment is completed within each three year cycle."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S VDA 6.3 - Requirement for Process Audits all shifts VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
L ISO/TS 16949 Subclause 5.5.1.1 - Special Shifts IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
optomist1 Maximum Shift Tolerance Restrained Part - Calculation of Datum Shifts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
S ISO 9001:2008 Requirement to Audit 'All Shifts' ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
R Statistical Analysis Problem - Pooling Information for 8 Hour Shifts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
Gabble Auditing in Relationship to Shifts - TS16949 General Auditing Discussions 6
Q Do All Shifts Need to be Audited For Every Procedure? Internal Auditing 8
C Tools for improvement team - Review all shifts, operations and processes Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
E ISO/TS 16949 Internal Audit requirements for shifts Internal Auditing 10
E Internal Process Audit Sampling using MIL-STD-105-E - 500 operators on 3 shifts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
D Objective evidence for covering all shifts and locations General Auditing Discussions 6
Q ISO 9001:2015 man days for surveillance audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
N Post Market Surveillance Package Example Wanted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Post Market Surveillance for Class II Medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
N Program or application for standard time measurement in industry from video surveillance? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 1
H Post-market surveillance strategy EU Medical Device Regulations 1
classical_quality AS9100 Surveillance Audit - advice on drafting strong responses AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
B Procedures for Complaint Handling and Post Market Surveillance EU Medical Device Regulations 7
E Received a Major finding during IATF Surveillance audit for loss of BIQS Level 3 (more than 6 SPPS in 6 months)...how should we address SYSTEMIC CA? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
M Informational Creating a post market surveillance (PMS) system for medical devices – Part 1 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
E Post Market Surveillance Standard Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
M Informational Paper on open access – EU postmarket surveillance plans for medical devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
T Post-Market Surveillance Plan - Requirements outlined in Annex III (1.1b) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Y Post Market Surveillance Indicators and Analysis method EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Post Market Surveillance Plan Template EU Medical Device Regulations 6
F Vietnamese Post-Market Surveillance Requirements for a medical device in Japan Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Post Market Surveillance and Annual Product Review in ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Informational EU Review and assessment of market surveillance activities 2014-2016 – Medical devices sector Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
F API Spec Q1 9th Edition Surveillance Audit - Questions about internal audits. Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 23
M Medical Device News Joint Action On Market Surveillance Of Medical Devices (JAMS) Releases Progress Update EU Medical Device Regulations 0
supadrai Auditing Organization dragging their heels on issuing our MDSAP Surveillance Audit Confirmation Letter - everyone is nervous ... are we the only ones? Canada Medical Device Regulations 7
M Medical Device News Health Canada Notice of intent: Strengthening the post-market surveillance and risk management Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
M Medical Device News EU - List of national market surveillance authorities by sector and country EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Y Time gap for First Surveillance Audit of AS9100D after initial certification AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 13
D IATF 16949 surveillance audit frequency IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
SK13485 Do you have a Medical Device PostMarket Surveillance Plan? EU Medical Device Regulations 11
W Surveillance report along side an NCR program Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
Q Surveillance Audit of 2008 before Transition Audit to ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
K EU MDR - PMS (Post Market Surveillance) SOP - definition of "register(s)" EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S An auditor asked for a Post Market Surveillance Report ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
S Surveillance Sampling Test - Determining Sample Size Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
T Proactive / Preventive Post Market Surveillance question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M ISO TR 20416 Medical Devices - Post-Market Surveillance for Manufacturers Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
S Merging Post Market Surveillance and Complaint Handling ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
shimonv FDA guidance on Postmarket Surveillance Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
C ISO 9001:2008 Surveillance Audit - No Internal Audits Internal Auditing 9
S Post Market Surveillance procedure/ SOP Medical devices Imported Legacy Blogs 0
J0anne Effects of Strengthened Surveillance of Notified Bodies in 2015 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A Industry best practice about Post-Market Surveillance and Risk Analysis ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
S Korean Post Market Surveillance and Recall Regulations Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3