SBS - The best value in QMS software

AMS 2750 E Clause3.5.17.13 TUS Pass/Fail Requirements

J

Jacobo

Hello Everyone,

This is Jacobo from a mysterious corner of the world, and it is my first thread in this forum, I'm a heat treater in aerospace field.
Currently I'm involved with the commissioning of a Vacuum Heat Treat furnace(60x600x900mm), but we have a TUS problem at one temperature, the last TUS sensor entered the lower limit in 60 minutes.
In accordance with 2750 E Clause 3.5.17.13[The time required to achieve recovery, stabilization, or recurrent temperature pattern did not exceed the time limit specified in any applicable process specifications.], I asked our supplier to meet the requirement of 30 minutes, do you guys have quantitive time of this requirement? Or may someone supply a customer specification(GE RR) on hand?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Al Rosen

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hello Everyone,

This is Jacobo from a mysterious corner of the world, and it is my first thread in this forum, I'm a heat treater in aerospace field.
Currently I'm involved with the commissioning of a Vacuum Heat Treat furnace(60x600x900mm), but we have a TUS problem at one temperature, the last TUS sensor entered the lower limit in 60 minutes.
In accordance with 2750 E Clause 3.5.17.13[The time required to achieve recovery, stabilization, or recurrent temperature pattern did not exceed the time limit specified in any applicable process specifications.], I asked our supplier to meet the requirement of 30 minutes, do you guys have quantitive time of this requirement? Or may someone supply a customer specification(GE RR) on hand?

Thank you
How did you arrive at 30 minutes? Do you have a customer spec that requires this?

J

Jacobo

How did you arrive at 30 minutes? Do you have a customer spec that requires this?
Hi Rosen,
Just come back from the holidays.
See attached figure, we have the lag time requirement, less than 30 minutes. But I don't find the same requirement in our customer HT specification.
Any discussion is appreciated.
TUS.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Salt Bath Probe Style SAT requirement Waiver per AMS 2750 Rev E Section 3.4.7 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
J Could Fluke thermometer be used in SAT test in accordance to AMS 2750 ? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
B Urgent Help With Calibration Issue AMS 2750 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
B Inhouse Calibration Plus TUS in accordance with AMS 2750 rev E? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 31
S AMS 2750 - Instrumentation Calibration Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
L Calibration Uniformity Procedure for AMS 2750 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
S AMS 2750 rev E - Changes Detailed - Work In Progress Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
S SAE AMS 2750 rev E - Changes Matrix? Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
B AMS 2750 Furnace Instrument Calibration Operating Range AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
C Nadcap AMS 2750 Data Storage - I'm looking for pre-packaged software AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
M How are ISO-17025 and AMS-2750 related? ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
C Furnace Classes in relation to AMS 2750 to determine Calibration Interval Calibration Frequency (Interval) 2
K Pyrometry Question - Furnace and Oven Instrument Calibration IAW AMS 2750 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
G AMS 2750 - Tell me what troubles, specifically, you have had with AMS 2750 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
Q Need New AMS 2750 Compliant Temperature Data Logger Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
B Determining SAT Offsets vs TUS Offsets per SAE AMS 2750E AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
R DFARS Compliance - Purchasing Aluminum Alloy 7075 -T73511 per AMS-QQ-A-200/11 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Q AMS 2750E Sensitivity Requirements Field Test Instrument AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
Q AMS 2750E System Accuracy Test (SAT) Frequency AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
D AMS 2750E - Digital Instrument Calibration Accuracy Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M SAE-QQ-A-250/11A has been superseded by SAE-AMS-4027N AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
E AMS-H-6875 compared to MIL-H-6875 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
M SAE AMS 2750E Relocation Hot or Cold Recording Sensor Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S AMS 2750E Heat Treat Furnace System Accuracy Test SAT Report question AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Douglas E. Purdy Relation of Aluminum 6061-0 to AMS 4025 or AMS 4027 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
L Determination of AMS 2750D Furnace Classifications AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
N AMS 2750D Process Audit Check Sheet ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M What other standards meet AMS 6415? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
P Standards Subscription - Online web site that provides AMS, NAS, SAE etc, standards Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
S SAE AMS 2175 Radiographic Report of Casting Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 8
G S30100 steel bar spec - related specs, ASTM or AMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
J AMS 4218 Spec, Equivalent AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
G Understanding AMS 2750D compliant calibration report - items under 3.2.6.2 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D SAE AMS 2750D - Pyrometry - Heat Treating procedure wanted Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 12
A AMS Specification QQ-N-290 - What does the class 1, Type IV (QS) mean? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
B Ams 7875(pwa53-5) Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
D CQI-9 vs. AMS 2750D - Are there discrepancies? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
D SAE AMS 2750D - Pyrometry - Heat Treating - Does anyone know of a good class? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
D AMS 2750C - Guidance under AMS 2750C for when a furnace fails a uniformity survey? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
M SMED - 2750 Ton Injection Molding Machine Benchmark Benchmarking 3