SBS - The best value in QMS software

AMS 2750 - Tell me what troubles, specifically, you have had with AMS 2750

G

ggdjr

I'm soliciting from everyone to tell me what troubles, specifically, you have had with or heard about this standard and its application?

I'd like to invite audit/auditor/interpretation/ambiguous/not practical...etc type of comments.

thank you,

GD

- if you prefer to PM me that is good too.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

ggdjr

I'm soliciting from everyone to tell me what troubles, specifically, you have had with or heard about this standard and its application?

I'd like to invite audit/auditor/interpretation/ambiguous/not practical...etc type of comments.

thank you,

GD

- if you prefer to PM me that is good too.
a common NCR is :

• Customer flowdown – or more accurately, the lack of it. It is important for suppliers to be sure of the requirements of their customer(s) and to continue this flowdown internally.
has anyone experienced this, if so specifically what happened?

thanks,

GD

Wesley Richardson

Wes R
Trusted Information Resource
At an independent metals testing laboratory, when we had our first NADCAP, we were cited for several issues related to AMS 2750 requirements.

For stress-rupture testing we were using analog temperature recorders with digital controllers. We did have proof that the temperatures were within the tolerance range. As a result, we purchased a digital, 32-channel recorder with an interface to computer data output. What we found was that our digital controllers were not holding the tolerance, so we had to make adjustments to the gain and feedback to get the temperature fluctuations within tolerance.

For our heat treating ovens, they required updated oven surveys. Again, we found too great a temperature variation between different positions in some ovens. The biggest change there was to place thermocouples on the parts.

The last issue was that some thermocouples were being used outside of the upper temperature range for the particular bimetallic joint. We had to purchase different thermocouples for particular aircraft work, and then only use them on those orders.

Although there was time and expense to these changes, it resulted in a much better temperature control and monitoring system.

Wes R.

G

ggdjr

. What we found was that our digital controllers were not holding the tolerance, so we had to make adjustments to the gain and feedback to get the temperature fluctuations within tolerance.

Wes R.
by gain do you mean in a PID control loop ? overshoot?

or they were not holding calibration values and were drifting?

thanks,

GD

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Here are some observations from my own experiences, and those coupled with a good friend.

In short, AMS 2750 has proven to be a valid specification. In general, it seems to be fairly well written and concise. The problems encountered are NADCAP audits with AMS 2750.

Much of the problem comes from trying to integrate AMS 2750 with other industry specifications. If you were to just audit against the one specification, it would be all right. But trying to get everyone in the camp to agree on one thing is exceedingly difficult.

There becomes small differences between them; like 6 months vs. 1 year, type of process equipment, uniformity requirement, etc. Most of the auditors seem to be by-the-book, box checking auditors; with little/no process/risk-based auditing approach. Again, they check boxes and write NC's against the boxes. Instead of viewing the process as a whole and the entire myriad of specifications that heat treat facilities must deal with, it becomes a very frustrating ordeal of trying to find the most stringent requirement in print and applying it. Sometimes that is quite expensive/time consuming, and there is no process/quality/ statistical justification except "well it says it right there; you need to do it". That is not the intent of a good quality system.

In the old days, one could meet AMS 2750 and most "customers" (Bell, Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, etc.) would be fine with that, even if there were deviations from the specific company specifications.

:2cents:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J AMS 2750 E Clause3.5.17.13 TUS Pass/Fail Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
A Salt Bath Probe Style SAT requirement Waiver per AMS 2750 Rev E Section 3.4.7 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
J Could Fluke thermometer be used in SAT test in accordance to AMS 2750 ? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
B Urgent Help With Calibration Issue AMS 2750 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
B Inhouse Calibration Plus TUS in accordance with AMS 2750 rev E? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 31
S AMS 2750 - Instrumentation Calibration Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
L Calibration Uniformity Procedure for AMS 2750 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
S AMS 2750 rev E - Changes Detailed - Work In Progress Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
S SAE AMS 2750 rev E - Changes Matrix? Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
B AMS 2750 Furnace Instrument Calibration Operating Range AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
C Nadcap AMS 2750 Data Storage - I'm looking for pre-packaged software AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
M How are ISO-17025 and AMS-2750 related? ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
C Furnace Classes in relation to AMS 2750 to determine Calibration Interval Calibration Frequency (Interval) 2
K Pyrometry Question - Furnace and Oven Instrument Calibration IAW AMS 2750 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
Q Need New AMS 2750 Compliant Temperature Data Logger Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
B Determining SAT Offsets vs TUS Offsets per SAE AMS 2750E AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
R DFARS Compliance - Purchasing Aluminum Alloy 7075 -T73511 per AMS-QQ-A-200/11 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Q AMS 2750E Sensitivity Requirements Field Test Instrument AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
Q AMS 2750E System Accuracy Test (SAT) Frequency AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
D AMS 2750E - Digital Instrument Calibration Accuracy Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M SAE-QQ-A-250/11A has been superseded by SAE-AMS-4027N AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
E AMS-H-6875 compared to MIL-H-6875 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
M SAE AMS 2750E Relocation Hot or Cold Recording Sensor Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S AMS 2750E Heat Treat Furnace System Accuracy Test SAT Report question AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Douglas E. Purdy Relation of Aluminum 6061-0 to AMS 4025 or AMS 4027 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
L Determination of AMS 2750D Furnace Classifications AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
N AMS 2750D Process Audit Check Sheet ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M What other standards meet AMS 6415? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
P Standards Subscription - Online web site that provides AMS, NAS, SAE etc, standards Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
S SAE AMS 2175 Radiographic Report of Casting Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 8
G S30100 steel bar spec - related specs, ASTM or AMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
J AMS 4218 Spec, Equivalent AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
G Understanding AMS 2750D compliant calibration report - items under 3.2.6.2 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D SAE AMS 2750D - Pyrometry - Heat Treating procedure wanted Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 12
A AMS Specification QQ-N-290 - What does the class 1, Type IV (QS) mean? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
B Ams 7875(pwa53-5) Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
D CQI-9 vs. AMS 2750D - Are there discrepancies? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
D SAE AMS 2750D - Pyrometry - Heat Treating - Does anyone know of a good class? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
D AMS 2750C - Guidance under AMS 2750C for when a furnace fails a uniformity survey? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
M SMED - 2750 Ton Injection Molding Machine Benchmark Benchmarking 3
M Informational Some things the EU MDR 2017/745 does not tell you, but you may need to know to comply with it effectively – Part 1 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
G Can anyone tell me about Tooling FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 3
O Which is better - Quietly quit using a supplier or tell supplier? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
R Can anyone tell me requirements standards for insufflator? Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
C Quick - Tell me everything you know about TS 16949! LOL IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
V Tell me about AS9015 Requirement for the delegation of Product Verification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
M Tell me about Benchmarking Benchmarking 4
N How can you tell if Flame Retardant "kicks off" in plastic? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
R Can anybody tell me about p & np chart? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
B How do I tell my boss to write neatly without offending her? Career and Occupation Discussions 8