An article written for/by a translation services company per MDD 2007/47/ec

K

KAMay

I just read an article, written for/by a translation services company, talking about the new requirements coming in with Directive 2007/47/EC and how medical device companies will now be required to translate their software, including display messages.

It's a really interesting article and I hope I'm not breaking rules posting the link (it's free but they ask for your details before they link to it).

What are your opinions?

http ://www .lifesciencestranslations.com/pdf/industrytotranslate.pdf - OBSOLETE BROKEN 404 LINK(s) UNLINKED - PLEASE HELP - REPORT POSTS WITH BROKEN LINKS

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I just read an article, written for/by a translation services company, talking about the new requirements coming in with Directive 2007/47/EC and how medical device companies will now be required to translate their software, including display messages.

It's a really interesting article and I hope I'm not breaking rules posting the link (it's free but they ask for your details before they link to it).

What are your opinions?

Any experts who care to comment on the article?

Thanks!

Stijloor.

M

Martin IT

Interesting article.
I worked as project manager in that field (software as Medical Devices) and I remember that the chance to update the languages was ons of the mandatory requirements. But to be honest I don't know how many companies are really compliant with this requirement and I don't know what is the sensitivities of the NB about this topics.
In any case my opinion is that at the moment there is a lot of confusion regarding the software as MD and very often, companies don't know if do something worth or not.

Top Bottom