An IDEFO style process map of the internal audit process

M

M Greenaway

Has anyone created an IDEFO style process map of the internal audit process that they might like to share ?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

M Greenaway

Sam

Its simply a modification of the standard process model that shows input-activity-output such that you show input-resources-controls-activity-output.

D

D.Scott

I would like to see one too. Like Sam, it is new to me too.

Sounds like a flow chart of a control plan from the little I see here. Could this be another diagram useful to the auditor but has no added value to the company?

Dave

M

M Greenaway

Well some would argue that process mapping is very important for the company, hey even ISO9001 says something about it (very loosely of course).

M, That sounds similar to the TS approach.
input - activities - support activities - linkages/interfaces - output, coupled with audit planning.

M

M Greenaway

Sam

I am thinking of process mapping using the IDEFO technique.

Has anyone used this technique ?

S

s_warin

What IDEFO stands for?

Before answering your question, please tell us what IDEFO stands for.
IDK,PTM
:p

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
If I remember correctly its a table, and the boxes are connected across the table with arrows, shows relationships and multi tasking responsibilities well. Its not one of my favorites, but does serve some purpose to look in at the whole responsibilities/logistics picture. I used it years ago on mapping a JIT line, showing repetition. Worked well there. Don't think I have any kicking around....but will keep it in mind, and post if I find one.

Or maybe thats not the same thing, don't remember acronym we called it. I called it an audit tool...used to address it in auditor training, filling the auditor's tool box.....

Last edited:
S

s_warin

Idk, Ptm

IDK, PTM=I don't know, please tell me.
I would like to change into please explain me.:confused:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Proud Liberal Black Darkness style (test) Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
M Night Style Forum News and General Information 5
A Salt Bath Probe Style SAT requirement Waiver per AMS 2750 Rev E Section 3.4.7 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M Quality training through tests/quiz style approach Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
Marc Cross Country - Traveling in Style! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
AnaMariaVR2 Invisible Horse Dance: The Business of ?Gangnam Style? World News 0
B How to handle/follow supervisor and department head with different supervisory style? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
L ISO 9001 QMS Documentation Style/Model Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
K House rules and discipline style: Tips on balancing life, work, and family Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
T Prohibition Australian Style Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
J Calibration Procedure for Digi-Check style Height Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
Govind Ecological Footprint - How many Planets do you need for your life style? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 20
J Setting Snap Gages (horseshoe style) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
D Questions about Taguchi style Designed Experiments (DOE) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
M Preparing for an audit...old school style!! General Auditing Discussions 8
R Procedure style determines motive? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
S English (British) Management Style Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 24
V Countries without Formal Regulatory Approval Process Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
J Crimp inspection and process verification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Crimpshrine13 Bulk Process (Electroplating), Control Plan, and Process Change IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
S Process Owner IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
Bev D Development Process: FMEA, Critical Characteristics, Spec Setting and Controls Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
T Document Review Process Map AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
A Validation Plastic Injection Molding Process protocol ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Use of statistical techniques for Process Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
A Question regarding new VDA_AIAG fmea approach for process FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 0
S 9001 + 14001 Internal Auditing Process checklist, flowchart or questionnaire ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
L CQI-30 Special Process: Rubber Processing System Assessment - Mixing & Molding IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
O Process Flow Diagram, DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plan integrated softwares FMEA and Control Plans 4
C. Tejeda Process validation of rework assembly methods (medical devices) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
L Looking for feedback on Nonconformity Process Flowmap ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Process Flow of ECN Product User and Service Guides Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
R Process Maps for ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
L APQP Process Flow with CFT Roles and responsibilities APQP and PPAP 4
M Having Trouble Identifying KPI for Process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
E Please help! ! I AM FRASTRATED SO MUCH! Should inactive ingredient be included in the unit formula if it is removed during the manufacturing process? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
I Supplier Evaluation Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
B A template for a injection molding process sheet with upper/lower- mean value tolerances Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
P ISO 9001: Quality Management as a process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
R How many process maps are adequate for a company for IATF 16949? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 17
Q Process matrix 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q Evaluate a process audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
J Best Practices for Choosing In-process Inspection Dimensions & SPC Dimensions Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
T FDA PMA review process - advisory panel timing? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
K Process FMEA responsible For "Make to Design Parts" (Inhouse or Suppliers ?) FMEA and Control Plans 3
M Passivation Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
G Mfr. Process Validation BEFORE Design Transfer? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
M Clinical evaluation interface with the risk management process EU Medical Device Regulations 9
D Integrated Management System (IMS) - Process Vs Clause Based Audits ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
D IATF NC Interaction of process diagram - Missing contingency plan Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 9