An IDEFO style process map of the internal audit process

M

M Greenaway

Has anyone created an IDEFO style process map of the internal audit process that they might like to share ?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

M Greenaway

Sam

Its simply a modification of the standard process model that shows input-activity-output such that you show input-resources-controls-activity-output.

D

D.Scott

I would like to see one too. Like Sam, it is new to me too.

Sounds like a flow chart of a control plan from the little I see here. Could this be another diagram useful to the auditor but has no added value to the company?

Dave

M

M Greenaway

Well some would argue that process mapping is very important for the company, hey even ISO9001 says something about it (very loosely of course).

M, That sounds similar to the TS approach.
input - activities - support activities - linkages/interfaces - output, coupled with audit planning.

M

M Greenaway

Sam

I am thinking of process mapping using the IDEFO technique.

Has anyone used this technique ?

S

s_warin

What IDEFO stands for?

Before answering your question, please tell us what IDEFO stands for.
IDK,PTM
:p

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
If I remember correctly its a table, and the boxes are connected across the table with arrows, shows relationships and multi tasking responsibilities well. Its not one of my favorites, but does serve some purpose to look in at the whole responsibilities/logistics picture. I used it years ago on mapping a JIT line, showing repetition. Worked well there. Don't think I have any kicking around....but will keep it in mind, and post if I find one.

Or maybe thats not the same thing, don't remember acronym we called it. I called it an audit tool...used to address it in auditor training, filling the auditor's tool box.....

Last edited:
S

s_warin

Idk, Ptm

IDK, PTM=I don't know, please tell me.
I would like to change into please explain me.:confused:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Proud Liberal Black Darkness style (test) Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
M Night Style Forum News and General Information 5
A Salt Bath Probe Style SAT requirement Waiver per AMS 2750 Rev E Section 3.4.7 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M Quality training through tests/quiz style approach Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
Marc Cross Country - Traveling in Style! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
AnaMariaVR2 Invisible Horse Dance: The Business of ?Gangnam Style? World News 0
B How to handle/follow supervisor and department head with different supervisory style? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
L ISO 9001 QMS Documentation Style/Model Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
K House rules and discipline style: Tips on balancing life, work, and family Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
T Prohibition Australian Style Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
J Calibration Procedure for Digi-Check style Height Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
Govind Ecological Footprint - How many Planets do you need for your life style? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 20
J Setting Snap Gages (horseshoe style) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
D Questions about Taguchi style Designed Experiments (DOE) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
M Preparing for an audit...old school style!! General Auditing Discussions 8
R Procedure style determines motive? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
S English (British) Management Style Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 24
M How to show the effect of the failure mode on the manufacturing process as a customer of product design process? FMEA and Control Plans 0
V MDL/MDEL private label process Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
B Vision system process validation Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
G Is Quoting a Process with Objectives? Manufacturing and Related Processes 19
D IATF 16949 Process Map IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
J 9001 Internal Audit of Client Onboarding process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
B SPECIAL PROCESS VALIDATION & REVALIDATION Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
Q Is engineering a process and should it have its own process turtle? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
I Post Market Surveillance Process EU Medical Device Regulations 1
C Process owner for Supplier Controls ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
H API monogram 4F - Certification process Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
C Handling in-Process Defect Repairs Nonconformance and Corrective Action 31
B How to satisfy clause 5.7.1.5 process validation for valve production API 6D Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 13
C Change Management Process ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
B Documents for production process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
J Process Capability - Determining the process capability of certain equipment Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
Z E-Coating process International Specifications? FMEA and Control Plans 3
W CQI-15 for new welding process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
D Using electronic lab notebooks in the design control process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Process & Product Characteristic in Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 17
S Consolidated Analysis Report for Moulding Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
P ISO 11607-2 Process Specification Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
Q Best off presentation of process flows Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 16
Q Logistics process flow ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Process FMEA for Laser Cutting/Press Brake/Welding FMEA and Control Plans 2
H Control of Change i.e. process and WI IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
F Is this misuse of the MRB process? Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
L Product and process Deviation procedure Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Ch00Ch00 How to evaluate a process ? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Implants made by Additive Manufacturing process approved by USFDA Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
Q Process Key figures and reporting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Ch00Ch00 Evaluate a process - Issue number Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
F Rules of process outsourcing in China China Medical Device Regulations 1